GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,198
0 members and 2,198 guests
No Members online

Old 11-13-2000, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Post You'd never know it by looking at me....

Hi All! I'm sitting here listening to some tunes remembering a comment a friend of mine made. He said "you know, you don't look like someone who would like Limp Bizkit." (don't ask me what that means, I let it fly over my head) Which groups do you like that others would not expect you to like just by "looking" at you?

------------------
Kelli
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
12-Delta Nu-94
MAL, Southern Region
Savannah State University c/o 1997
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-13-2000, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Tracy Chapman - her original CD is my all time fav. When my girlfriend heard me singing to it one morning she was like "you like that?" Its been said by others too. I don't know how you can "look" like you would or wouldn't like a certain group or type of music. I like pretty much anything from pop, country, r&b, some rap, and anything from the 80's!

------------------
"Alpha Chi Omega - If you only had 2 wishes, what would your second one be?"
Old 11-13-2000, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

i LOVE CLASSICAL MUSIC "FUR ELISE" IS MY FAVORITE
Old 11-13-2000, 08:25 PM

Cool

Not me, but Mr. 33 - who is a total rock & roll guy. One day we were driving domeplace & he started singing the score to Jesus Christ Superstar! I about fainted - I would have never dreamed he was into any sort of show where people randomly burst into song.
Old 11-13-2000, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: The city with the beautiful Lake Michigan skyline and Deep dish pizza!
Wink

I have a special place in my heart for the heavy metal from the eighties. Metallica's black album is one of my all time favorites. I also have some sort of crush on Rage Against the Machine's Zach DeLa Rocha
(Must be the dreads)
Old 11-13-2000, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

U2, Sugar Ray, and No doubt! I still have a soft spot for 80's glam rock, Poison,etc..

X girl

What's that old saying? Never judge a book...
Old 11-15-2000, 06:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm so much into rap and R&B, that you would never know that I like to listen to No Doubt and back in the Day Gunz-n-Roses.
Old 11-16-2000, 08:24 AM
GreekChat Member

I think I stopped surprising people a while ago with musical selection, but I've surprised my fiance a few times, like mr. 33, I love Jesus Christ Superstar--go figure--the fact I was in a production of it probably helps, I also have a soft spot for Metallica's 'black' album (awww. . .those 8th grade years!), I passionatly sing to the Dixie Chicks in my car--the only tape i even HAVE in my car--all my radio dials are set to country music stations, I know all the words to Sugar Ray's "every morning when I wake up" song--even though I don't know if that's the title, I'm a sucker for "Beach Baby" by First Class--if you can't place the song or group--it's an oldie! And of course, who could forget--I know ALL the words to ALL the songs of Grease, I also can't forget, I know all the words to all the songs in "Rocky Horor Picture Show", last but not least--I love classical too, I'm a sucker for Chopin, Bach, and Pachabell. So, I guess I've got a pretty good repitoir (sp?)going on. So with that said, I've surprised quite a few people.

[This message has been edited by mgdzkm433 (edited November 16, 2000).]
Old 11-16-2000, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

You would never guess that I know all the words to "Once Bitten Twice Shy" (yes, 80's rock)or that I love Led Zepplin.
Old 11-17-2000, 05:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tickledpink
Anything by DeBarge!
Old 11-17-2000, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Most people think I'm in my early twenties but I am actually stalking 30 so people are often surprised that I eat, sleep, drink and know all the words to songs by: The Dellphonics (sp), The Stylistics, Earth Wind & Fire, Maze & Frankie Beverly, The Temptations, The Main Ingredient, Fifth Dimension, Phyliss Hyman (sp?), The Supremes, Barbara Streisand, Teena Marie, Ohio Players, WAR, Curtis Mayfield, Marvin Gaye --I luvs the Oldies
Old 11-18-2000, 08:53 AM
GreekChat Member

What a good topic! Ok, well I think more people are starting to learn that I like this stuff, but I love the boy bands! I really like N'Sync. I can't help it! I just love them. I feel like a dork sometimes but I can't stop singing their songs! I mainly listen to R&B and hip-hop, and some rap. But I'm really starting to listen to stuff like Christina, N'Sync, 98 degrees..all the little teeny bopper stuff. I also like some of the other bands like Creed, Vertical Horizon, Smash Mouth, No Doubt, Sugar Ray, Dave Matthews, and a few more. Everyone is so surprised when they find out I love these bands. Man, if they only knew I used to love Nirvana back in the day too!

[This message has been edited by ZChi4Life (edited November 18, 2000).]
Old 11-19-2000, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Back in the day...

80's Duran Duran, Wham! (their posters were ALL over my room!) U2, Bon Jovi (Slippery When Wet), WhiteSnake (Is This Love?)

Now, NO Doubt (Simple Kind of Life)
Jazz

[This message has been edited by AKA2D '91 (edited November 20, 2000).]
Old 11-19-2000, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

AKA2D '91,

No you didn't! I used to love me some Duran Duran too. Remember "Shout, shout, let it all out!?" I could go on and on with the 80s groups like Oingo Boingo, The Go Gos, Pat Benatar, etc. And from the early 90s I liked one song in particular from Guns N Roses "November Rain." The video was so good.

But even in the Y2K I still like the Material Girl-Madonna. I am really diggin' her new song "Music." I might have to buy the whole CD.
Old 11-20-2000, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jazbri:
Most people think I'm in my early twenties but I am actually stalking 30 so people are often surprised that I eat, sleep, drink and know all the words to songs by: The Dellphonics (sp), The Stylistics, Earth Wind & Fire, Maze & Frankie Beverly, The Temptations, The Main Ingredient, Fifth Dimension, Phyliss Hyman (sp?), The Supremes, Barbara Streisand, Teena Marie, Ohio Players, WAR, Curtis Mayfield, Marvin Gaye --I luvs the Oldies
I am truly feeling you! I'm in my late twenties but I truly enjoy The Dells, Sam Cooke, Ben E. King, The Four Tops, old school ARETHA. Those were the sounds in my house all weekend EVERY WEEKEND. I still remember beinh 4 and 5, dancing around the house with my Dad (on my his toes no less). AH, the memories...