GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,348
0 members and 1,348 guests
No Members online

Old 12-11-2004, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Dan Johnson,
Sigma Epsilon Zeta 417

Initiated Fall 2004

I'm the current Iota for my zeta which consist of 19 active members. We are located in Montevallo, Alabama at the University of Montevallo.

At the current moment, my major is music education with my instrument being vocal. I may switch that to History in the near future. I was never much of a fraternity person and I never thought I would be. I'm thankful to have known guys in the fraternity that invited me to hang out and to go through rush. I became an Associate Member in September, and a brother on November 19, 2004. I've loved every minute of it, and would not change a thing.

Sigma Epsilon Zeta: www.lambdachise.com
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-11-2004, 06:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Brother Johnson, welcome to G C. You are the first from Montevello.

There are a Great Bunch of Brothers Brothers here. If you need any help or information, there will be someone here to be of service for you!

Nice web site. Be sure to check Jon Sagaras at the top of the thread. It is fantastic.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 12-13-2004, 01:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to vkaul
Vijay Kaul
Theta-Kappa 1552
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in Terre Haute, IN
Joined in the Fall of 2000
With my chapter I was heavilly involved with both service and ritual, although I was neither High Theta nor High Phi.
Now, I'm looking to go back to school, I want to wind up with a PhD in physics, eventually... ...

inZAX,
Vijay
Old 12-14-2004, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Vijay

My appologizes, for not giving you A Big Welcome to G C!

Give My Best to Steve Corbin, hopefully you are staying in touch with Him! If Not, do it now and tell Him I said High!

Small World isnt it!

Hm, Can We call You a Jr. Egg Head along with The Chipster from Beta Nu, Fl Tech. Inst!

The Chipster is also in a move mode and is tough anytime you do it especially with a Family!

I would be happy to move to Indy, Hint, if asked.

Have a good eventing for the Hollidays!

Hope everyone is getting settled in!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 12-15-2004, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LXAAlum
Quote:
Originally posted by ChipHinde
Chip Hinde, BN 281
Florida Tech '88, BS Chem E
Initiated May 31, 1985
What do these have to do with Lambda Chi Alpha? The answer to that became strikingly clear to me when I recently replaced my Paedagogus. After I began reading through my new copy, it hit me. The quote about taking initiative is just another form of "Kalepa Ta Kala." What my children have taught me, I already knew in "Vir Quesque Vir." The traditions that I learned in church, the principles with which my parents raised me, and the ideals laid forth by Jesus Christ were all right there in Lambda Chi Alpha. These things had been revealed to me in college, but it took more of life's experiences and a re-discovered faith for me to see the true beauty of our fraternity.
Wow. Simply wow.

I'll co-sign onto this thought - LXA and it's Ritual in one perspective is a very powerful witnessing tool - it brought me to Christ as a result of first seeing it.

To bring it full circle, I was recently elected a Deacon for our church, and during the Church Board's interview with me during the search process, I told them my testimony about how a fraternity initiation did it for me. Their perception of ritual is what they see in the news: initiation=hazing. I gave them a new perspective (without revealing specifics, of course).

It's amazing how often sermons touch on parts of the ritual - I wish sometimes I could tell other Church members about that...just so they know the truth about an initiation ritual, not what the media does to their perceptions. It just increases my faith all the time.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to toovigilant22
Guess its about time for this one :)

Matt Griffin
Delta Tau Zeta # 206
Initiated: April 9, 2004
School: Millersville University of Pennsylvania
Major: History
Minor: Environmental Hazards and Emergency Management (all one program)
Expected Graduation: Eventually....when I get the piece of paper. After starting 2 years late and transferring, as long as I graduate, I dont really care when.

Current Position: Fundraising Chairman (anyone with ideas?)

I could probably say more, but I'm just too tired to type more...

In ZAX-
Matt
Old 01-25-2005, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

My name is Matt. I'm a junior at Hanover College is SE Indiana. I am Theta-Zeta 1251. I served as High Gamma last year and now I'm our High Alpha and I'm getting excited for the Council of Presidents conference next weekend down in Orlando!

Then, at our regional conference in Valpo I'll be completing Impact Leadership level IV. So lots of exciting things for me right now.

Docroc67, what part of SW Ohio are you from? I live there too but go to school just over the border in Indiana.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Hello, Brother Matt!

Matt,

I live in Eaton, Ohio which is about 16 miles east of Richmond, Indiana. I work in College Corner, Ohio and I am the School Superintendent. Our school district is very unique because it is operated by both Indiana and Ohio! As a matter of fact, our school building sits right on the state line. You can actually make a basket in a game in Indiana and then Ohio because the state line runs right through the middle of the gym! It is a special place.

When our oldest daughter was searching out colleges we visited Hanover College. We were all impressed with the campus and I got a chance to wander through the Lambda Chi House. She eventually followed our path and went to Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

Thanks for the question.

Yours in ZAX,

Mike Raymond, ZU-Z
Old 01-25-2005, 01:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I live in Harrison, OH, which is west of Cincinnati, and also right on the border. The state line runs through our back yard.

I looked at Miami U when I was searching for colleges, but eventually decided on the smaller, more personal, atmosphere at Hanover.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Bump

"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."...Oscar Wilde
Old 01-27-2005, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ZetaPhi708
about me ( thanks for the bump )

Roy Roberts
Zeta Phi 708
University of Tennessee-Chattanooga
AM Class: Fall of 1985
Iniated: August 29th, 1986
Took alumni status in Fall of 1988
I held the office of IFC Representative and was in training to be the next High Phi before I went alum. I have an uncle and his son, who both are Lambda Chis from Tennessee-Chattanooga.

I have an Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies from Chattanooga State Technical Community College ( 2004)

I am now back at UTC getting my degree in Legal Assistant Studies. I interned at the Public Defender's Office Jan 2004 to April 2004. If I can get my GPA up I hope to be in law school by 2007. If I attend a law school whose home college has a LCA chapter at it, I hope to help out and volunteer some with that chapter, if not take active status depending my course load at law school.

I am currently employed at Carmike Cinemas Bijou 7 as co-head projectionist. I have also acted in a short live action horror film called The Fall, which played last October at the New York Horror Film Festival ( The Fall can now be found at www.ifilm.com )

Hobbies: movies, reading, swimming, volleyball, MXC, Star Trek ( don't laugh ) , acting, surfing the web, DVDs, working in my yard, collecting LCA items, always trying to find new versions of Magic Carpet Ride...

What Lambda Chi means to me: As an only child I always wanted a brother and being a legacy, I only visited the Lambda Chi house. I am so glad now that I am a Lambda Chi cuz it's teachings I carry with me in my heart every day. On some days I falter but yet I pick myself back up the next day. Brotherhood is found in the heart and even if I do not know the brother personally, I would anything in my power as a brother in ZAX, to help him out when needed...no doubt about it.....

this summer I plan on taking a road trip to National and get a tour and see the paintings...

This last November, one of my close brothers passed away suddenly, Zeta Phi 710, Ben "Trey" Bedford III, 37yo. He and I used to stay up for hours talking about what LCA means to us and our ritual...Damn I miss him...I lost it at the funeral when they played MCR...he left behind a wife of 8 years, no children.

Well, if anyone ever wants to get ahold of me my email address is zetaphi708@yahoo.com and I am on Yahoo messanger at zetaphi708...just let me know you are a Lambda Chi when you add me to your buddy list...

Yours in ZAX,

Roy Roberts
Zeta Phi 708

Last edited by ZetaPhi708; 01-28-2005 at 01:10 AM.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ZetaPhi708
can we say.....

BUMP for the new brothers and new associates on the board....
Old 02-15-2005, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Associate
19 yrs old
Lambda Chi has taught me a whole lot of cool shit
We have such a good rep. which makes the incentive to be in LCA that much better.
Its only going to get better from here.
I initiate second week in May, and i can't wait.

Peace
Old 02-15-2005, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Tommy Pinkston
Epsilon Mu Zeta
EM 1913
University of Florida
Initiated Fall 2004
Currently Hold the Rho Office
Biology Pre-Med Major
Old 02-16-2005, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

While LXA does not Hold Title to G C Web Site, I think We Rule on Posting.

Welcome to all of the new Brothers and Associates on Site.

There are many Brothers from all over LXA DOM on Site, I am sure You can feel free to contact and ask questions.

While I said at one time, I was an Active Brother for one Semester. I have learned so much from Brothers on Site, Talked to So many Brothers and have met so many Brothers, That it has come to me as What We are For, Strangers as it were, But Brothers.

When You get to Regionals, or waht ever, Contact The Brothers here to Meet and Greet. Take Pixs so that We all can see who, what, and when, You were doing things.

Search back on LXA Thread and look to see those that were at G A in 2004.

The Good, The Bad, And Me!

What a fine time was had by All! Never to be forgotten!

LX Z # 1
Alumni