GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,428
1 members and 2,427 guests
navane

Old 03-30-2000, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Post The Divine Nine

Hello Ladies. I am a Sisterfriend and this is my first time in this forum. I just finished reading Lawrence Ross's "The Divine Nine". I am not sure if you reviewed this book on this site yet or not, but I was just wondering if anyone has read it and what do you think? I have done so much research on your wonderful organization that the chapter on AKA was all a review. I did enjoy the chapter interviews. I like to see all the phenomenal things your Sisters are doing in the community.
Old 03-31-2000, 04:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes, I also enjoyed this book but alot of greeks didn't like it because they felt that he didn't represent other greeks (besides AKA & A Phi A) correctly and he misspelled the name of Sigma Gamma Rho's founder.

He will be hosting a book signing in Mississippi and some people are planning a boycott.

I thinks it is a shame to see a young brother try to do something positive and show the public that black greeks are very community oriented and other blacks try to keep him down, just because he didn't include more pictures or write an extra page on their frat or sorority.

Visit: www.home.earthlink.net/~sdwb/fratpg.htm

There is a whole discussion about this book and the author replies to negative comments.

Old 03-31-2000, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

I read the book myself and i didn't care for it myself however i applaud his attempts and wish him well nonetheless.
Old 03-31-2000, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Arrow

I did not read the book, but I think I want to, there are so many books I want to read, I love going to the book store. Oh and the author stopped by the sisterly forum and left a message, I think he is down to earth, I think I will check out the book.
Sisterly
Old 03-31-2000, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Soror LADYAKA,
I love books too. I think I am addicted. I have a massive stack that keeps rising because I am hard pressed to find time to read them as fast as I buy them. UPS just delivered "The Divine Nine." I placed that one on the top of the stack under "My Kind of People."

Old 04-07-2000, 05:23 AM
GreekChat Member

I flipped through the book and this cat had me doubting my own history!!!! When I was online learned everything about my founders, where they were from when they were born what they did after graduating bla bla bla. The history in my "Sigma Light" and that presented AlphaMan conflicted. Im wondering is it a Typo or did the national headquarter give him misinformation? Many dates of importance were off.