GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,264
2 members and 2,262 guests
Sen's Revenge

Old 03-12-2006, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Pledges gone bad

A University of North Carolina graduate is charged with attempted murder after driving an SUV into nine students in front of the university student center over the weekend. Mohammed Reza Teheri-azar says he did it because he is angry at the U.S. government for what it has done to Muslims.

The guy I spoke with said Taheri-azar pledged his fraternity, Sig Ep, and that the frat "blackballed" him, meaning kicked him out because he was such a recluse and antisocial. They referred to him as "Mo."

http://wizbangblog.com/2006/03/06/mu...l-of-allah.php

Classmates saw Russ DeBusk and Ben Moseley as just a couple of guys who liked to goof around, act in student plays and keep their classmates laughing. But nobody at Birmingham-Southern College would have linked them to a string of rural church fires in Alabama.

(Ben) Moseley, who is good friends with DeBusk, was in a rock band that played cover songs at fraternity parties. He pledged Sigma Nu fraternity in the fall of 2004.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/...603090352/1001

Last edited by KNOW-wun; 03-12-2006 at 09:03 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-13-2006, 09:22 AM
GreekChat Member

The faculty at UNC will probably stage a walkout to protest this kid's arrest. I mean, he was just expressing himself and all.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by shinerbock
The faculty at UNC will probably stage a walkout to protest this kid's arrest. I mean, he was just expressing himself and all.
Quite the opposite, actually. The UNC community is demanding of the State that they charge him as a terrorist. It's all over the news here.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:43 AM

Quote:
I'm sure we all agree that attempted murder (alleged) is a great means of self expression.

I think you were joking. At least I hope so.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I was obviously kidding. Good to see UNC faculty is bucking the academia's trend of apologizing for terrorists.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I was obviously kidding. Good to see UNC faculty is bucking the academia's trend of apologizing for terrorists.
Seeing that UNC is generally a pretty conservative system, I guess I missed the joke. But then I was looking spesifically at UNC, not higher education as a whole.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Yeah, well I'm willing to bet money on the fact some student group is going to have a march or protest in his name.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:19 AM
GreekChat Member

An update on local news on Mohammed Reza Teheri-azar- he's going to defend himself in his trial. This guy is a loony.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Forum dispells Muslim myths

Article

Quote:
Misinformation breeds mistrust.

Panelists explored that theme as they responded to questions about Muslim culture during Wednesday night's discussion titled "Ignorance is Not Bliss: An Educated Approach to Respecting Muslim Culture."

About 40 people attended the event in Murphey 116.

The forum, which focused on Muslim campus relations, was sponsored by numerous student groups, including Theta Nu Xi Multicultural Sorority Inc., Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity Inc., Psi Sigma Phi Multicultural Fraternity Inc., and Embrace, a committee of the Black Student Movement.

The goal of the evening was "just to foster dialogue," said Denaá Hayes, secretary of Theta Nu Xi.

"A lot of people are so misinformed about events that are happening on our campus and throughout the world," she said.

The panel occurred almost three weeks after Mohammed Taheri-azar, a UNC alumnus, drove a jeep through the Pit.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.