GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,351
1 members and 2,350 guests
naraht

Old 09-02-2011, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

If you were in another org, which badge would you get?

Last edited by Jen; 08-14-2015 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, heck, if we picked our sorority based on badges alone, I'd hands down be an AChiO (or SAI, if we're allowed to include non-NPC). Pearls, of course!
Old 09-02-2011, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
^^^Girl, you know you'd pick SAI over AChiO. AXO wasn't cool enough to keep the music thing going.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

As a writer, I'd be all over Alpha Xi Delta's badge lol. I love so many of the NPC badges, that I have favourites out of all of the ones that allow variation.

Alpha Chi Omega - although the badges with 1, 2 or 3 diamonds I've seen pictures of are nice, I'd stick with the traditional all pearl badge.

Alpha Delta Pi - pearl with sapphire points. That configuration is one of my favourite badges of all. Observe:

Alpha Gamma Delta - I'd get the same as I wish I'd gotten with my Alpha Phi badge - pearl with a raised diamond.

Alpha Omicron Pi - I love jewels, but I have always loved the AOII badge that is a white gold Pi, a white gold Alpha and a chased yellow gold Omicron. LOVE IT. See? Gorg!

Alpha Phi - I still regret not getting the pearl with raised diamond (I got a single diamond). I also wish I'd gotten white gold, because I love it way more than yellow. My ultimate, dream, amazing badge is a white gold all diamond.

Alpha Sigma Alpha - I'm a big fan of the plain pearl.

Alpha Xi Delta - I would totally get the quill with pearls and a single diamond on the tip. Although the two blue stone version I saw in badge trends really sticks in my mind. I love the idea of using sorority colours in badges.

Delta Gamma - Another badge that I really love the plain, non-jeweled version. Maybe because the badge has a lot of intricate stuff with its shape, the rope etc.

Delta Zeta - I really love the flush set diamond. Not sure why, but it just looks awesome.

Gamma Phi Beta - probably one of the hardest choices, because they allow a lot of customization with stones. I've always liked just the Phi with stones though, and for some reason, even though I'm not a pink person, I'm really drawn to the one that has the entire phi with rose sapphires.

Kappa Alpha Theta - That onyx badge killed me dead. Now that I've seen a picture, it's the choice I would love most.

Kappa Delta - Would have to be pearl with emerald points. I think that one is gorgeous.

Kappa Kappa Gamma - I love alternating sapphires and pearls, and I've always been a fan of the enamel versions, because I really like the letters standing out.

Phi Mu - I would totally get pearls with rose sapphire points. Not the three in one point one though. For some reason I think they stand out better when there are fewer of them.

Phi Sigma Sigma - I prefer the badge with the three sapphires in each corner. I think because I see the sphinx shape much better on the triangle than alone.

Sigma Kappa - The scroll edge badge is my absolute favourite.

Sigma Sigma Sigma - Love the crown pearl.

Zeta Tau Alpha - Even though the ZTA badge reminds me of Phi Mu and ADPi in that it has a lot of stone options and stuff ... I'd stick with just plain pearl. I have no idea why lol.

Last edited by Jen; 09-02-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSAI View Post
^^^Girl, you know you'd pick SAI over AChiO. AXO wasn't cool enough to keep the music thing going.
Guilty.

Unfortunately, we had another org on campus that has an agreement with SAI and we couldn't have SAI. I would have joined the other, but it was a co-ed fraternity. I wanted to be in a sorority (or women's fraternity). I wanted my pledge mom to be the same gender as me.

Since we're wandering out of NPC land, I'm also a big fan of Sinfonia and Sigma Chi's badges.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

going from the link in badge trends I would want:

Alpha Phi: I like that it shows the letters while still being able to read them and it says their secret motto.

Delta Delta Delta: Very Unique and showing their symbols and letters.

Delta Gamma: Just looks cool to me. Hard to mistake it for any other badge.

I like all of them, but I want a badge that is very unique and would be hard to mistake for another one. So many triangles/diamond shaped ones.

Granted, KD's has a diamond shaped one and I'm ordering a new one right now so I'm not saying much.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 09-02-2011, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
KD's has a diamond shaped one and I'm ordering a new one right now so I'm not saying much.
which one?!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydidKD View Post
which one?!
Not too sure. Mine got lost when my little was initiated. I was looking for a silver one and want jewels on it. Trying to decide which combination I like the most. They seem to be more expensive than they used to be.

I am leaning towards this one though:

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 09-02-2011, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

They are, they raised prices (again) just a few weeks ago. I was initiated only three years ago and my badge is over $100 more than what i paid
Old 09-02-2011, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
Not too sure. Mine got lost when my little was initiated. I was looking for a silver one and want jewels on it. Trying to decide which combination I like the most. They seem to be more expensive than they used to be.

I am leaning towards this one though:
That's the one I had before it fell down a vent. I am hoping to replace it soon, and I can't decide if I want to get the same except in white gold or if I want the one with alternating pearls and emeralds.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Guilty.
Knew it! hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Unfortunately, we had another org on campus that has an agreement with SAI and we couldn't have SAI. I would have joined the other, but it was a co-ed fraternity. I wanted to be in a sorority (or women's fraternity). I wanted my pledge mom to be the same gender as me.
It was the Muphies. Yup, I sure did just call them out. I know all about the "shared campus agreement". And, I also know that at my chapter the Muphies hated SAI and blamed us (& not their member that talked about dead cats at rush....) for their decline in membership We've talked about this before in a thread somewhere.
~~~~~~~

I've always loved Theta Phi Alpha's badge, along with the golden compass on the pledge pin.

I really love AOPi's pledge pin.

I adore the details that are seen only when one looks closely at a Delta Gamma badge.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSAI View Post

I adore the details that are seen only when one looks closely at a Delta Gamma badge.
I agree! I've always admired how detailed DG's badge is. I also like how distinct it is. It's one of my favorites.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

AXO for sure. They were my second choice anyway. Still have my lyre from pref (back when they could do this) on my silver charm bracelet.

Next choice would probably be KKG or Pi Phi (don't tell my cousin!).....
Old 09-02-2011, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

The KAPsi badge is sort of nifty.

Even the plain version:

Old 09-02-2011, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I love all of the badges, most of all the more traditional designs. Ours (a local) is very modern and I really dislike it.

From all the NPC badges AXiD, DG, KKG (love keys and anchors) and AXO are my favorites.