GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 776
0 members and 776 guests
No Members online

Old 01-21-2008, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaPDPrez View Post
Zeta Xi,
Good luck with your process... and to everyone have a great Spring recruitment. OPD is still making plans for Spring rush, and I personally have high hopes for the group. Please keep up with the updates!!!!
Good luck to you too!!!!

*A sister in Zeta Xi is for eternity*
Old 01-23-2008, 08:27 AM
GreekChat Member

hi girls! I'm the VP of Omicron Pi in Hoboken, NJ. We're a little sorority with only about 22 active members (Stevens is very small) Just found the postboard and wanted to leave a little msg. Our formal rush started yesterday. We'll have our new pledge class by next week! We're anticipating maybe 5 or 6 new pledges (since most girls go dphie or phi sig) but who knows this semester since there seemed to be more freshman girls interested in sorority life than in previous years!
Old 01-23-2008, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck with rush girls, let us know how things go!
Old 01-23-2008, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dommie329 View Post
hi girls! I'm the VP of Omicron Pi in Hoboken, NJ. We're a little sorority with only about 22 active members (Stevens is very small) Just found the postboard and wanted to leave a little msg. Our formal rush started yesterday. We'll have our new pledge class by next week! We're anticipating maybe 5 or 6 new pledges (since most girls go dphie or phi sig) but who knows this semester since there seemed to be more freshman girls interested in sorority life than in previous years!
Hey,
I'm near the city in NY and am from a local as well at SUNY Cortland. I definitely understand being local amongst national organizations, we also had phi sig and dphie at my school, plus two others. Good luck during recruitment, let us know how it goes, and if you need anything, i'm here (well all of GC is ) to help!
Old 01-23-2008, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Three girls showed up tonight. One was unable to attend, so all in all we will have 4 girls go through rush week. We decided to make this rush week shorter due to the small number of girls - three of the girls are friends of at least one person in the sorority and the fourth is new.

We are still working on going national! When I have more info I will pass it along

Old 01-30-2008, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Are there any other groups out there doing rush this week? Our rush doenst start until next week..
Old 02-03-2008, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

We gave bids to 3 great girls. This brings us to 9 girls. However, I am going to take Alumna status early so Zeta will have 8 actives!

The 4th girl decided she would not have the time to be involved this semester.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Girls at Otterbein are signing their preference cards today (noon their time, 5 pm my time), so hopefully I might get some idea of how many we got tomorrow morning when I read the alumnae minutes from the chapter, and we'll know names and such tomorrow. This is my first recruitment as an alumna, and it makes me really sad that I can't be there or at the various rituals to meet the new Delta Kittens . But I will send them lots of Scottish lovin' and letters.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm a sister of Sigma Gamma Phi in Oneonta, and we gave bids out to 9 girls this semester, and I was one of the four new members last semester.
it's not where you are...it's who you're with.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey everyone!

We had 4 rush events last month and had preference last week with 3 girls signing (Bringing us up to 19. we have 2 more that want to sign, they just couldn't make it to the ritual so they have to wait a little while longer.) We are having more events this month and doing a final preference on the 17th.

We are starting New Member Education Period the first week of march (when we get back from spring break) and hopefully will be done by the second week of April (Just before greek week)

Sometimes I wish we could go without taking a new class in the winter. Its so hard with our spring break and greek week taking two weeks out.

On another note, most of my girls have gotten really excited and dedicated to everything this semester because we are trying to get everything together to get us an official house next semester. Out of the 9 sororities, we are the only ones without a house. we almost had one this year, but the girls who were renting the house had some friends of theirs that were in a fraternity move in because the guys needed a place to live pronto, and that kind of ended that idea. We still held the house round of structured recruitment there, the only difference was that we didn't have letters up and occasionally a guy would sneak in through the kitchen and go upstairs (thankfully no one noticed but us!).
Old 02-11-2008, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

good to hear from all the locals. Have a fun spring semester. and keep us posted !
Old 02-17-2008, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
word from the homefront is that TD has 6 lovely new kittehs (i'm slightly obsessed with www.icanhascheezburger.com)
Old 02-27-2008, 03:09 AM
GreekChat Member

I uhhhh think I'm the first fraternity in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dommie329 View Post
hi girls! I'm the VP of Omicron Pi in Hoboken, NJ. We're a little sorority with only about 22 active members (Stevens is very small)
If you think 22 actives is small then mannnnn.

We've got 13 actives right now after crossing 4 new brothers (the biggest pledge class to cross last semester thanks to some stupid new rules we're all getting used to). This semester we've got 5 pledges wearing wonderful green ties which is pretty good.

Last 4 years we've been hovering around 13-19 actives which is fine by me. Smaller numbers means more intimacy and better connections.

p.s. I'm Iota Kappa Phi in Newark, NJ at NJIT
Old 02-27-2008, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

its always good to hear from fraternitites too! thanks for posting
Old 02-28-2008, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall! View Post
I uhhhh think I'm the first fraternity in this thread.
If you think 22 actives is small then mannnnn.

We've got 13 actives right now after crossing 4 new brothers (the biggest pledge class to cross last semester thanks to some stupid new rules we're all getting used to). This semester we've got 5 pledges wearing wonderful green ties which is pretty good.

Last 4 years we've been hovering around 13-19 actives which is fine by me. Smaller numbers means more intimacy and better connections.

p.s. I'm Iota Kappa Phi in Newark, NJ at NJIT
KENDALL!!!! you are the best. Congrats to you guys!

The stupid new rules he's referring to (i think) is NJIT's Deferred Rush policy. I think it took awhile for everyone to get used to it.

I was told that my sisterhood welcomed 6 ladies to our Alpha Eta class.

Good luck this semester everyone!