GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,334
0 members and 1,334 guests
No Members online

Old 02-06-2012, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for researching that!! I would NEVER dream of deleting it because I feel the same way today. We live and learn and I like coming here to read the sincere posts of women who sit where I sat.

This is an anonymous forum, therefore, if a woman (especially undergraduate) comes here to ask a sensible question, they deserve a sensible answer; no matter the source who attempts to answer it.

I believe in empowerment, not belittlement.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinderella View Post
This is an anonymous forum, therefore, if a woman (especially undergraduate) comes here to ask a sensible question, they deserve a sensible answer; no matter the source who attempts to answer it.

I believe in empowerment, not belittlement.
Um no. They deserve reliable responses -- including responses letting them know that the question is inappropriate -- from someone with credibility, not from someone who didn't make it and has (so she says) "moved on."

I believe in boundaries and in not presuming to answer questions on behalf of an organization to which I don't belong.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
Then, why don't you take that "eternal search" you have and go search another website where you DON'T give advice about an organization where you are not a member. So, if Tiger Woods tries to give advice to Tom Brady about how he can win the Superbowl, does that mean (as a Golfer and not a Football player) his advice would even be relevant? I don't think so. You are NOT a member so, you should probably just allow the ladies of Delta Sigma Theta answer (or not answer) future aspirants (if that is the word). You have no reason to be dispensing advice that you clearly didn't take. It's actually quite shocking that you are not a member. How could they not want you?
I see where both of you are coming from but ALS, you are coming at her for not being a part of this amazing organization and giving advice but why havent you given me any advice yet????

As for your example between Tiger Woods and Tom Brady, I personally believe that they do have common ground. They are both in sports and even if their sport of choice is completely different, they can still give each other advice to get to their goals in said sport. Tiger Woods doesnt have to tell Tom Brady how to run but he could give him advice on his mindset on how to get that championship. So please, dont bring anyone down because the things she told me were the things that I actually had to do...

So anyone else who is willing to give me some surface advice, please feel free.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

So can someone give me advice..EVERY ONE IS FIRING AT SPINDERELLA WHEN SHE IS NOT THE FOCUS HERE!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Umm...

Old 03-27-2012, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageB11 View Post
So can someone give me advice..
No. Read.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
So can someone give me advice..
http://www.deltasigmatheta.org/
Old 04-08-2012, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
In continuing your research, you will need to locate the local graduate chapter of the sorority. They directly influence any re-activation or chartering of a inactive or new chapters.

The grad chapter is typically responsible for

1. Fact finding to confirm that having a chapter on your campus is viable.

2. Identifying grad members who will directly take on the task of serving as advisors for the potential chapter reactivation/chartering.

3. Filing the proper paperwork with your university and the regional/national Grand Chapter.

4. Securing approval for the chapter from the university and regional/national Grand Chapter.

5. Working with young ladies, like yourself in whatever capacity is required to prepare for new member intake, once approved by regional/national Grand Chapter.

Again, as you have said, do you homework.

Another suggestion, go online, look at the websites of other local undergraduate chapters and see who is the grad advisor. If you begin conversations with that person, perhaps they can give you guidance in working on what you can, and determining what is NOT your responsibility in achieving your dream to get a chapter reactivated/chartered on your campus.

Be professional when you speak to this person and be prepared to discuss what you can bring to DST, your academic achievements to date and your willingness to be a hard worker. Keep yourself busy with other things and do not allow yourself to become consumed with this activity. Do what you can, but don't lose sight of getting the most stellar gpa you can at your university.

Good Luck.
This information is incorrect. Please stay in your lane. Thank you.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
So can someone give me advice..EVERY ONE IS FIRING AT SPINDERELLA WHEN SHE IS NOT THE FOCUS HERE!!!
Stay focused on your grades and college experience. No one who is a member will give you the information you are seeking, beyond a referral to the national website.

The information on the website is useless regarding what you REALLY want to know; what you really NEED to know. Keep googling.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Stay focused on your grades and college experience. No one who is a member will give you the information you are seeking, beyond a referral to the national website.

The information on the website is useless regarding what you REALLY want to know; what you really NEED to know. Keep googling.

The most annoying kind of reject. The kind that will not have a seat.

Unless Spinderella is not really a rejected non-Greek.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey guys! So I know that I might get shot down for this and/or open a serious can of worms... and I'm SO late compared to when the last post was actually posted (2008), but I'm contemplating pledging Delta Sigma Theta and I'm white.

1st! I have read the website and realize that race (along with other things) is not considered in the initiation process, I was looking more for information on how common this is. I know that my school had a latino girl cross not that long ago but other then that I have no information

and my last bit of comment... I have chosen this sorority because I have many friends in greek life both Pan-Hallenic Council (divine nine) and panhallenic conference. I am not interested in the OMG! We're sisters now! vibe... I'm looking for a support group who has my back and with whom I can build real-life (fluffy fake extras left out) relationships. DST seems to me to stand for more then just girl friends and lot bit more in supporting the community around them, I'm just wondering if [in your honest opinion] I could possibly be accepted into this brilliant group of Delta Divas?
Old 01-03-2014, 11:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaylaKouhi View Post
Hey guys! So I know that I might get shot down for this and/or open a serious can of worms... and I'm SO late compared to when the last post was actually posted (2008), but I'm contemplating pledging Delta Sigma Theta and I'm white.

1st! I have read the website and realize that race (along with other things) is not considered in the initiation process, I was looking more for information on how common this is. I know that my school had a latino girl cross not that long ago but other then that I have no information

and my last bit of comment... I have chosen this sorority because I have many friends in greek life both Pan-Hallenic Council (divine nine) and panhallenic conference. I am not interested in the OMG! We're sisters now! vibe... I'm looking for a support group who has my back and with whom I can build real-life (fluffy fake extras left out) relationships. DST seems to me to stand for more then just girl friends and lot bit more in supporting the community around them, I'm just wondering if [in your honest opinion] I could possibly be accepted into this brilliant group of Delta Divas?
Hello, go based on what our National website states. It does not take a genius to notice that nonBlack aspirants and members are not too prevalent. However whether or not you will be accepted will most likely be based on more than your race and ethnicity.

Lastly, I find your last paragraph a bit annoying. Your tone and wording changed a bit in comparison to the other paragraphs. I say this because I recommend all nonBlacks to not try to impress us with certain demeanor and certain language. That is a common thing for whites in particular to do when they assume we are in need of "honorary Blacks" and who have an inaccurate account of what it means to "be Black." And please, for the love of all that is holy, never again say "Delta Divas". I hate that phrase and can only tolerate it from my Sorors. I can't tolerate it from aspirants. Good luck to you.

Last edited by DrPhil; 01-03-2014 at 11:37 PM.