GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,634
1 members and 1,633 guests
Titchou

Old 09-08-2017, 01:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Is the $37 fee for GreekBill a new thing? Because I know that wasn't in place when my daughter was an active Pi Phi from 2013-2016. There were no usage fees.

We use BillHighway and I like it, for the most part. It doesn't charge a member fee, but it does charge late fees directly to the member. We bill members back for the credit card fee. We have 100% collection rate and the only time we ever have any issue is when an occasional member disaffiliates with an outstanding dues or parlor fee balance.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

As far as I know, GreekBill charges chapters a fee per member per year/semester. How the chapter passes that onto the members is up to the chapter. There are transaction fees on credit card payments that the chapter must absorb, but they are in line with normal credit card transactions fees.

Coming from the days of tracking down members with bounced checks to pay again, GreekBill is a blessing.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedg View Post
As far as I know, GreekBill charges chapters a fee per member per year/semester. How the chapter passes that onto the members is up to the chapter. There are transaction fees on credit card payments that the chapter must absorb, but they are in line with normal credit card transactions fees.

Coming from the days of tracking down members with bounced checks to pay again, GreekBill is a blessing.
To clarify, the $37 fee added to my daughter's bill is not a credit card fee. I did not pay her invoice with a credit card. It was paid before the due date with a check in the mail. The chapter should not have incurred any transaction fees. Our alumnae chapter uses Member Planet and it costs a $2-3 handling fee. This is reasonable if deemed necessary for processing payments for chapters. But the amount of money that Greek Bill is raking in for their services is outrageous.

Let's say there are 150 women in a chapter each paying $37/semester, multiplied times 150 collegiate chapters x 15 NPC groups using their services, that's almost $25M dollars in transaction fees/year!!! Their service is not worth that much! I am sure there has to be a more reasonably priced alternative to this company.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekOne View Post
To clarify, the $37 fee added to my daughter's bill is not a credit card fee. I did not pay her invoice with a credit card. It was paid before the due date with a check in the mail. The chapter should not have incurred any transaction fees. Our alumnae chapter uses Member Planet and it costs a $2-3 handling fee. This is reasonable if deemed necessary for processing payments for chapters. But the amount of money that Greek Bill is raking in for their services is outrageous.

Let's say there are 150 women in a chapter each paying $37/semester, multiplied times 150 collegiate chapters x 15 NPC groups using their services, that's almost $25M dollars in transaction fees/year!!! Their service is not worth that much! I am sure there has to be a more reasonably priced alternative to this company.
With the numbers you list above, you are talking about service revenue (which is very likely their primary revenue source since most systems like this are Software As A Service and charge by user rather than with big software license fees) of $25mm for a full service accounting system that services 337,500 accounts. People pay more than $74 a year just to do their state and federal taxes online with many providers, so the notion that $74 a year per person for all invoicing and payments and everything else is kind of silly. Stuff isn't free, people.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenD View Post
With the numbers you list above, you are talking about service revenue (which is very likely their primary revenue source since most systems like this are Software As A Service and charge by user rather than with big software license fees) of $25mm for a full service accounting system that services 337,500 accounts. People pay more than $74 a year just to do their state and federal taxes online with many providers, so the notion that $74 a year per person for all invoicing and payments and everything else is kind of silly. Stuff isn't free, people.
I completely agree. In addition, DG has service reps that are full time dedicated to DG, which is an amazing help (and additional cost to the business, of course!).
Old 09-08-2017, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm the COA (Chapter Operations Adviser) for a DG chapter (GreekBill ) and also work at a private school that uses a similar service -Smart Tuition. Seriously, these companies provide a great service.Do you really want a 19-20 year old handling a budget of $500,000 to over a million for 200 -450 women????? Doing billing, collections, sending to Honor Board,etc? Nope. We want the pros doing it and my school feels the same way. They handle everyone your Business Office would handle.And the Fraternity handles their tax returns for them-state and federal. We are way beyond letting the collegians do all this. We don't even let the adults with House Corporation do it!
Old 09-28-2017, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
I'm the COA (Chapter Operations Adviser) for a DG chapter (GreekBill ) and also work at a private school that uses a similar service -Smart Tuition. Seriously, these companies provide a great service.Do you really want a 19-20 year old handling a budget of $500,000 to over a million for 200 -450 women????? Doing billing, collections, sending to Honor Board,etc? Nope. We want the pros doing it and my school feels the same way. They handle everyone your Business Office would handle.And the Fraternity handles their tax returns for them-state and federal. We are way beyond letting the collegians do all this. We don't even let the adults with House Corporation do it!
Yes. I agree.

Lakers Nation.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:55 PM

This thread is important.

Lakers Nation.