GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Delta Rho

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 693
0 members and 693 guests
No Members online

Old 10-20-2003, 12:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Question for KDRs

Greetings Gentlemen:

This board seems to have been inactive for a while, but hopefully some of you are still around and can answer my question! I am engaged to a wonderful KDR alum from Penn State, and we are getting married next fall. What are Kappa Delta Rho's rules regarding wives or fiances wearing the fraternity's letters?

Feel free to post a response or PM me. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

McGee,
KDR fiance and future wife
Old 05-12-2004, 01:34 PM
hendrixski

THe nationals rules I believe state that one must be engaged to a brother to wear letters or at least the lavelier. A brother may 'pin' a girl requesting engagement.

However in practice, most houses allow girlfriends to wear letters, or little sisters (which BTW is not nationally sanctioned so if you do have a little sisters program keep it on the down low).

Last edited by hendrixski; 12-09-2005 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Little Sisters

B.J. -

Little sister programs are not just against KDR rules - as of September they will be against the rules of the NIC as well. So, no - having little sister programs is not "all good" it is bad from a liability stand point as well as can take away from the sorority system.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:04 PM
hendrixski

Quote:
Originally posted by whtwudusay

So, no - having little sister programs is not "all good" it is bad from a liability stand point

Listen

Our chapter has a fervor for following nationals guidlines so we never had any little sisters. Every other house on campus has them and as a result they have a better extended community, free rush tools, a better understanding of womens issues and perspectives on campus, more involvement in parts of student life that we don't, etc....

a propos liability:

FIPG wants more money so it says "little sisters shall be considered auxilary members and therefor must be covered by a fraternities insurance policies". Somehow we don't have to pay liabilities on KDR sweethearts, which is EXACTLY the same thing!

Just because Ebineezer Scrooge over at FIPG doesn't have a heart doesn't mean we have to suffer! I say BULLOCKS! Chapters should say "Ok, we'll allow girls into our community but not into our fraternity. " And teach them to be proud members of a KDR community and give them some sort of honorary title, like "little sister". It's like having a few "KDR sweethearts" rather than one.

I'm graduating at the end of this semester, so I can say this:
Don't do something (or nothing) just because national says so, do what you know in your heart is right. Because they can be wrong!

Having said that. Kappa Delta Rho is the best fraternity in the northeast. We're small enough to be individuals, and big enough to feel comfortable. National should keep up the good work on expansion projects, and keeping chapters from closing down!

Last edited by hendrixski; 12-09-2005 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:05 PM
hendrixski

Re: Little Sisters

Quote:
Originally posted by whtwudusay

as well as can take away from the sorority system.
And everyone knows that's a Crock of crap.

Most houses on my campus that have little sisters have an odd trend: Most of their little sister ARE IN SORORITIES.

besides historically most sororities were started as ... you guessed it.. started as little sisters programs for fraternities!

Welcome to the real world where the facts are important. SO WAKE UP!

Last edited by hendrixski; 12-09-2005 at 05:10 PM.