GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,051
1 members and 1,050 guests
LaneSig

Old 07-18-2012, 09:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Please for my young nephew and many other youngsters, currently at Y summer camp where there are severe, long-term electrical thunderstorms storms passing through.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Please pray for my uncle. Still not sure on the full details but they believe he had a bad stroke (he's only 57). I'm out of town so I didn't get a chance to talk to my mom for long (it's my dad's brother and he's driving their mom up to the hospital right now). I saw on Facebook that my dad sent a FB message to him at 10:30 that the family was looking for him, but I know my family found out about this late last night too. I'm worried that he was by himself for a long period of time before we found out. Very scary
Old 07-26-2012, 12:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
So, one side of my throat has been hurting off and on for two weeks. It feels like there's something stuck back there that I can't get out. Well, Tuesday, the pain was so bad I was almost in tears every time I swallowed and could barely eat. Everyone I talked to said, "Oh, I do this or that for a sore throat...." and I was screaming, "THIS IS NOT A SORE THROAT. I KNOW HOW A SORE THROAT FEELS AND THIS IS NOT IT!"

Well, yesterday, I went to my GP who, thankfully, did not dismiss it as just a sore throat. She took her little popsicle stick and flash light looked at my throat for 3 seconds and exclaimed, "Oh! I can see it." She made an urgent referral to ENT stating that she didn't know what it was but that it needed a closer look.

Well, my appointment is tomorrow at 10am. I've been scheduled to see the doctor that specializes in head/neck growths. My mom has an endocrinology appointment at 9a, so Mr. KDR is going to try to rearrange his schedule to go with me. This is my first real "health scare" since being an adult, so please, just say a little prayer for me.

Last edited by AlwaysSAI; 07-26-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck AlwaysSAI

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespink88 View Post
Please pray for my uncle. Still not sure on the full details but they believe he had a bad stroke (he's only 57). I'm out of town so I didn't get a chance to talk to my mom for long (it's my dad's brother and he's driving their mom up to the hospital right now). I saw on Facebook that my dad sent a FB message to him at 10:30 that the family was looking for him, but I know my family found out about this late last night too. I'm worried that he was by himself for a long period of time before we found out. Very scary
My parents, God bless them, are trying to give me updates but not overwhelm me because they want me to enjoy the honeymoon. However, I did find out it was a massive stroke and he is currently in a coma. He may not regain consciousness again. I'm praying and being as positive as I can but my heart aches for my dad...Neither of my parents have gone through something like this with their siblings yet...it seems too soon.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Praying.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
Prayers for all the sick, their families and friends, and those who minister to them.

From the 1928 BCP -
A Prayer for Recovery.O GOD of heavenly powers, who, by the might of thy command, drivest away from men's bodies all sickness and all infirmity; Be present in thy goodness with this thy servant, that his weakness may be banished and his strength recalled; that his health being thereupon restored, he may bless thy holy Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

A Prayer for Healing.O ALMIGHTY God, who art the giver of all health, and the aid of them that turn to thee for succour; We entreat thy strength and goodness in behalf of this thy servant, that he may be healed of his infirmities, to thine honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

A Thanksgiving for the Beginning of a Recovery.GREAT and mighty God, who bringest down to the grave, and bringest up again; We bless thy wonderful goodness, for having turned our heaviness into joy and our mourning into gladness, by restoring this our brother to some degree of his former health. Blessed be thy Name that thou didst not forsake him in his sickness; but didst visit him with comforts from above; didst support him in patience and submission to thy will; and at last didst send him seasonable relief. Perfect, we beseech thee, this thy mercy towards him; and prosper the means which shall be made use of for his cure: that, being restored to health of body, vigour of mind, and cheerfulness of spirit, he may be able to go to thine house, to offer thee an oblation with great gladness, and to bless thy holy Name for all thy goodness towards him; through Jesus Christ our Saviour, to whom, with thee and the Holy Spirit, be all honour and glory, world without end. Amen.

A Prayer for a Sick Person, when there appeareth but small hope of Recovery.O FATHER of mercies, and God of all comfort, our only help in time of need; We fly unto thee for succour in behalf of this thy servant, here lying in great weakness of body. Look graciously upon him, O Lord; and the more the outward man decayeth, strengthen him, we beseech thee, so much the more continually with thy grace and Holy Spirit in the inner man. Give him unfeigned repentance for all the errors of his life past, and stedfast faith in thy Son Jesus; that his sins may be done away by thy mercy, and his pardon sealed in heaven; through the same thy Son, our Lord and Saviour. Amen.

Really like these prayers and will be using them. Bump!
Old 07-28-2012, 10:50 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Thank you for sharing those prayers. It really means a lot and I have sent them to my Aunt. My prayers to everyone.

My uncle is at Holden Hospital batttling ALS and there is no cure. He is fighting pneumonia right now. My aunt is one strong women.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSAI View Post
So, one side of my throat has been hurting off and on for two weeks. It feels like there's something stuck back there that I can't get out. Well, Tuesday, the pain was so bad I was almost in tears every time I swallowed and could barely eat. Everyone I talked to said, "Oh, I do this or that for a sore throat...." and I was screaming, "THIS IS NOT A SORE THROAT. I KNOW HOW A SORE THROAT FEELS AND THIS IS NOT IT!"

Well, yesterday, I went to my GP who, thankfully, did not dismiss it as just a sore throat. She took her little popsicle stick and flash light looked at my throat for 3 seconds and exclaimed, "Oh! I can see it." She made an urgent referral to ENT stating that she didn't know what it was but that it needed a closer look.

Well, my appointment is tomorrow at 10am. I've been scheduled to see the doctor that specializes in head/neck growths. My mom has an endocrinology appointment at 9a, so Mr. KDR is going to try to rearrange his schedule to go with me. This is my first real "health scare" since being an adult, so please, just say a little prayer for me.
You doing alright? Still praying for you sis.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Praying that everyone is healed!

AlwaysSAI...loyally!!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Update on my uncle now that I have a more details...

My dad's younger brother called my dad Wednesday night asking if he had heard from older brother at all. Apparently, younger brother tried to call older brother on Tuesday and hadn't heard back from him yet. This is very unusual for older brother, who is very well connected and responsive, via phone, text, Facebook, twitter, email...everything! So not hearing a response for a day was concerning. My dad then started calling, texting, etc, Wednesday night trying to get in touch. They then decided to call the police for a well being check. Meanwhile, my dad and younger brother decided to drive up to his apartment themselves. As they were leaving, they got a call back from the police. Older brother was found unconscious but breathing. His last Facebook/phone activity was Monday night. He may have been laying there that long.

After being rushed to the hospital and many tests, the diagnosis was a hemorrhagic stroke. He is currently in a coma. He's received CT scans every day and it breaks my heart to say that there has been absolutely no change. Dr's say there is lots of brain damage.

My mom called me yesterday to tell me that the family agonized over the decision, but they will be taking him off the ventilator this morning. I know I was originally told that he was able to breathe on his own (not sure how accurate that was) so I'm not sure how much time he has...but I do understand why my mom gave me this update.

Prayers and kind thoughts are very much appreciate for my family. My heart breaks for my aunts, uncles, and grandma especially, I know this completely blind sided all of them.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

My tio passed away this morning. Eager to get back home to be there for my dad.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Your family is definitely in my prayers. A similar thing happened to my cousin's husband, while he was on a business trip and in a hotel room although it was only 24 hours that he was suffering unattended. He did make it after being taken off of life support, but does have severe brain damage and needs 24 hour supervision.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Lovespink88, you and your family are in my thoughts
Old 07-30-2012, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

My former students Ashley has another tumor on her brain. We had so hoped it was behind her - asking for prayers for her.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Lifting her up in prayer.