GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 890
1 members and 889 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Can a weird/socially awkward girl get into a top tier sorority?

Hi, I really want to get into one of the top tier sororities at my my college University of Alabama, specifically Phi Mu or Kappa Delta, but I’m so worried I won’t get in. I have hair that is dyed red and I am kind of weird, shy, and socially awkward. I also suffer from depression and anxiety. I would really like to be in one of those two sororities (or any top one), but I don’t know if I could get in to any even. I am willing to dye my hair blonde (was planning on doing it anyways) and dress like them and everything! I know people say to be yourself and to go into rush with an open mind, but I would do anything to get into one of the top ones. I was a nerdy/slightly emo looking high schooler. I want a change, but I need to do it even if my timid personality gets in the way. Please someone with a similar experience that did this help me!! Success stories?? Fails?
Old 09-24-2018, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittenpawz View Post
Hi, I really want to get into one of the top tier sororities at my my college University of Alabama, specifically Phi Mu or Kappa Delta, but I’m so worried I won’t get in. I have hair that is dyed red and I am kind of weird, shy, and socially awkward. I also suffer from depression and anxiety. I would really like to be in one of those two sororities (or any top one), but I don’t know if I could get in to any even. I am willing to dye my hair blonde (was planning on doing it anyways) and dress like them and everything! I know people say to be yourself and to go into rush with an open mind, but I would do anything to get into one of the top ones. I was a nerdy/slightly emo looking high schooler. I want a change, but I need to do it even if my timid personality gets in the way. Please someone with a similar experience that did this help me!! Success stories?? Fails?
QFP

Oh dear....you need to read Elizababe1's thread. Sorry to be blunt. I'm an Alabama alumnus and you,if you are a real poster, need to delete your post ASAP and I will delete this one when you do.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

I do not believe that this one is real for several reasons.
Closed Thread