GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Phi Beta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,528
1 members and 1,527 guests
naraht
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Can anyone help me?

I am seeking information about the culture surrounding the Black Greek letter organisations - unfortunately all of the chapters at my school are very small and it is difficult to contact their members - I did try to go through the intake of the particular sorority on which I had my heart set but I am afraid that my lack of knowledge of the culture surrounding BGLOs impacted my acceptance - I am not from the US and do not know much about the organizations save what is on their international websites and the information that I found was common on all the different school websites, I have tried every way I can to portray to these ladies that I am serious about their organization but I am not a very expressive person so I feel like I cannot make them see the way I feel - I am active in community service and have a good GPA and even started going to their events and helping with their community service once I realised that I wanted to be a part of their organization but it still hasn't happened I want the opportunity to join the organization but I feel like my chance will be up before I can show them how much it would mean to me.
Does anyone have any advice or suggestions ,please dont tell me to give up this is something that I do want to become a part of.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
Quote:
Originally Posted by syn1031 View Post
I am seeking information about the culture surrounding the Black Greek letter organisations - unfortunately all of the chapters at my school are very small and it is difficult to contact their members - I did try to go through the intake of the particular sorority on which I had my heart set but I am afraid that my lack of knowledge of the culture surrounding BGLOs impacted my acceptance - I am not from the US and do not know much about the organizations save what is on their international websites and the information that I found was common on all the different school websites, I have tried every way I can to portray to these ladies that I am serious about their organization but I am not a very expressive person so I feel like I cannot make them see the way I feel - I am active in community service and have a good GPA and even started going to their events and helping with their community service once I realised that I wanted to be a part of their organization but it still hasn't happened I want the opportunity to join the organization but I feel like my chance will be up before I can show them how much it would mean to me.
Does anyone have any advice or suggestions ,please dont tell me to give up this is something that I do want to become a part of.

Give up. It's not meant to be. Now what?
Old 02-10-2007, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Strive
Quote:
Originally Posted by syn1031 View Post

Last edited by Strive; 02-10-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

i have a quick question...lets say you love ZPB right and some of the people who are representing them you love their personality and what they represent but they are all from different schools...so my problem is I want to pledge however I seem to get along or can communicate more effectively with other Zetas than those who are on my campus..is this a problem?? and if so should I wait to pledge in a graduate chapter or something. I just fell that I'm ready and having to wait to pledge because I can not relate to these girls on my campus is dumb.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobeonmyway View Post
i have a quick question...lets say you love ZPB right and some of the people who are representing them you love their personality and what they represent but they are all from different schools...so my problem is I want to pledge however I seem to get along or can communicate more effectively with other Zetas than those who are on my campus..is this a problem?? and if so should I wait to pledge in a graduate chapter or something. I just fell that I'm ready and having to wait to pledge because I can not relate to these girls on my campus is dumb.
QFP.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Angelicqt716 Send a message via Yahoo to Angelicqt716
Quote:
You bumped a 3, almost 4 yr old thread for THIS???

Why don't you ask the Zetas that you are cool with, instead of asking a bunch of strangers? By the way, we don't answer membership questions here.

Good luck!
#1 Blu Diamond
SP 08

ZΦB

Last edited by Angelicqt716; 11-19-2010 at 03:11 AM. Reason: I quoted the wrong person and it took me a day to realize it :( y'all know what I meant, right?
Old 11-18-2010, 08:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Methinks that's not the only thing around here that's dumb.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

well what else do you believe is dumb?
Old 11-18-2010, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
well what else do you believe is dumb?
Old 11-19-2010, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelicqt716 View Post
You bumped a 3, almost 4 yr old thread for THIS???

Why don't you ask the Zetas that you are cool with, instead of asking a bunch of strangers? By the way, we don't answer membership questions here.

Good luck!
Quote:
Please read
OUR HOUSE

Last edited by NinjaPoodle; 11-19-2010 at 03:47 AM.
Closed Thread