GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,589
2 members and 2,587 guests
FSUZeta

Old 03-13-2007, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Starting alumnae group website (and boosting involvement)...

Who do you guys use for web hosting for your alumnae groups? I think that the Toledo area alumnae chapter needs a website to start promoting itself, but I'm not sure that the funds are there to pay for webhosting. (Especially with a new site where no one is certain how much traffic it will get/how beneficial it will be.)

We're trying to take some initiative to boost Alpha Gam involvement in the area - I have a few individuals who want to make a contribution in some way, but aren't ready to commit to become advisors to the undergraduate chapter. Hopefully I can steer them towards taking an active role with the alumnae chapter (and/or start a Junior Circle). I think in this age of technology, if we're trying to publicize the group, a website is very important.

I did browse around the info listed on AlphaGam.net, but wondered if anyone here had any other thoughts/experiences they might want to share.

Any suggestions you might have as far as inspiring new involvement/new members for an alumnae chapter would be appreciated also. (And if you know anyone in the Toledo area, please pass on the info to them - we're looking for fun ideas and anyone who might be interested in participating...whether by taking on a leadership role in an alumnae chapter or JC, or just showing up and having fun. )
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-13-2007, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Alphagam.net has been around for along time but I'm not too sure people are visiting much anymore. I used to but ran out of time checking GC, lol.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Marcie

Depending on how the paired collegiate chapter has their webspace you may be able to join on to theirs like how Vancouver and Edmonton have done it. UBC and UofA both offer student groups server space and the Alumnae groups have space/links through it.

On a side note. AGD Lynn, are you the same one who sent me the Georgia magnet and US puzzle map about 10 years back? :-)
Old 03-24-2007, 08:47 AM
GreekChat Member

I vaguely remember the Georgia magnet but not the US map, lol.

Do you still have them?
Old 03-25-2007, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JPowers155 Send a message via Yahoo to JPowers155
I just started using Yahoo Groups for Zeta Nu Alumnae. (Like last week, so don't expect much!) Eventually, I'm going to pull together a website... after I finish reading GC, checking eBay for badges and oh, yeah, being CA to a bunch of crazy girls.