GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,365
0 members and 1,365 guests
No Members online

Old 09-26-2005, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I'm not sure how I feel about terminating a girl's membership because she posed for a magazine, but I do feel that her affiliation should not be mentioned in the publication. I feel like if I were going to pose for Playboy, for example, I would not want to be identified as a Delta Zeta out of respect for all the other DZ's out there who might be offended by it.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-26-2005, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I read the article last night. According to it she had already been featured in the magazine's "Girl's of the ACC" last year, so if the sorority has not yet termintated her membership for that then I don't think they would (granted I am not a DG and cannot speak for them). I also did not see mention of DG specifically in this month's article (and I thought I looked for it pretty carefully), but I could have missed it.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was at Duke we had a DG who posed for Playboy ACC Edition. We were told it was up to our chaper whether to take any action (expulsion as one option). We did nothing and no one one the international level seemed to mind. As far as I know, there was no one in our chapter who was offended or even thought of taking any action until our advisers mentioned it was an option.

I was in college at the time though, so maybe there were talks that went on at the higher levels that were never conveyed to us.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sugar and spice
Only if you count DGQueen.

Okay, I'm going to hell.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dukedg
When I was at Duke we had a DG who posed for Playboy ACC Edition. We were told it was up to our chaper whether to take any action (expulsion as one option). We did nothing and no one one the international level seemed to mind. As far as I know, there was no one in our chapter who was offended or even thought of taking any action until our advisers mentioned it was an option.

I was in college at the time though, so maybe there were talks that went on at the higher levels that were never conveyed to us.

So, congratulations to some sanity instead of having panty hose in a wad!

Get real people, this is not a gut wrenching problem for a Member showing Her Body.

How many of You wished You had that Body?

This is a shit storm that can make a group look like Hippocrits!

SAD, SAD, sad!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 09-27-2005, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Maybe, Just Maybe, $25,000 will Help Her finish Her Degree and go on to bigger and better things!
Or maybe the $25,000 will help her to GET bigger and better "things". (If you know what I mean...)

OK, now I am going to hell.

By the way, that was a joke. She is very pretty.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Earp
So, congratulations to some sanity instead of having panty hose in a wad!

Get real people, this is not a gut wrenching problem for a Member showing Her Body.

How many of You wished You had that Body?

This is a shit storm that can make a group look like Hippocrits!

SAD, SAD, sad!
I wish you had her intellect.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

ouch
Old 09-28-2005, 02:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Maybe Delta Gammas are just generally attractive enough that the National was like . . well these things are bound to happen?

Anyway, I am glad your sorority didn't choose to victimize that girl . . unlike some what some sororities have done. Little hypocrites.

Quote:
Originally posted by dukedg

Old 09-28-2005, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by James
Maybe Delta Gammas are just generally attractive enough that the National was like . . well these things are bound to happen?

I'm thrilled to know that one of my DG sisters is successful in her modeling career. Plus, I'm thrilled to know that she's hot and thus makes the entire sorority look attractive on the national level. I'd be surprised if anyone from Exec said anything, unless she posed in a thong with her letters on it or something specifically using the letters. The only DG who's gonna complain about this girl is Anne Coulter.

I always find it funny when chapters of any sort fuss about a member choosing to pose nude or do something scandalous. I mean, if an already-famous alum decided to pose nude, I don't think any sorority would revoke her membership... they don't want to lose that famous alum's name recognition.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by James
And that the sheep on the exec board and the sheep in the chapter go along with it.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Girls!
Quote:
Little hypocrites.
Dude, maybe if you stopped the name calling, people would be interested in your opinion.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
If You only Wish!

OOPs. I thought You Ment Mine!
The world would be a very scary place if we all had your intellect.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I tried to delete that post.

But in Your case, I wont. Why wont you bite a big Pisburg Sausauge and become a real Lawyer instead of a Snarky and run people off of GC?

God, You are---- and scarry person.

Hey, go ride in a COP Car and see what being a leagal really is or do You just do safe and sorry Litigations in Your internship?

You are boring.

Why dont you put Your Snarky Shi- on world wide I am Kewel!

My Intellect, Well Sweet Cakes X-Rated You have not a clue to real world of living. Wait till You get it stuffed where the sun dont shine. Be a semi-lawyer in Internship and let them put you on the gridle if You think You have the Stones. You aint nada. You are going to have to learn to make Your Bones. you are probaly a Pencil Pusher trying to lean Law! Oh, In The Real Damn World, Not Your little College!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 09-28-2005, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

But in Your case, I wont. Why wont you bite a big Pisburg Sausauge and become a real Lawyer instead of a Snarky and run people off of GC?

Hey, go ride in a COP Car and see what being a leagal really is or do You just do safe and sorry Litigations in Your internship?

You are boring.

My Intellect, Well Sweet Cakes X-Rated You have not a clue to real world of living. Wait till You get it stuffed where the sun dont shine. Be a semi-lawyer in Internship and let them put you on the gridle if You think You have the Stones. You aint nada. You are going to have to learn to make Your Bones. you are probaly a Pencil Pusher trying to lean Law! Oh, In The Real Damn World, Not Your little College!

Yawn.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

You are boring.

Your stream-of-consciousness writing style reminds me a little of "Finnegan's Wake," if you sort of ignore all the grammar and spelling.