GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,554
2 members and 1,552 guests
Xidelt

Old 09-01-2003, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Question "Recruitment Boot Camp"?

This weekend when I was back on campus helping my chapter with recruitment, I heard that another chapter at the school that is also struggling with numbers went to a "recruitment boot camp" over the summer. Apparently, it's $350/person for the program, but they guarantee at least a 25% increase in your recruitment numbers or your money back. Has anyone else heard of this or attended it?
Old 09-01-2003, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I am assuming you have a Tridelt on campus because Tridelta National created a program this year called "Recruitment Boot Camp". The way it was presented to me and through "The Trident (our magazine) was that every chapter was encouraged to go. I know that our president and rush chair went and we are always at total or extremely close. I think that Nationals wanted every chapter to attend if they could afford to. Although we are one of the larger NPC sororities, I think it has more to do with boosting Tridelta's numbers nationally in the current trend of decrease of Greek life on campuses.

I heard that our delegates got some really good information concerning skits and rush in general but I didn't hear the whole 25% increase or money back.

Hope that helps!
Old 09-01-2003, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

wow this seems a lot like cheerleading camp !! hehe although I think it's a good idea !
Old 09-01-2003, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

TriDeltaGal explained the Tri Delt RBC pretty well, but I heard another national sorority was doing an RBC-style program too . . . I just wish I could remember which sorority it was.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:23 PM

I thought this was strictly a Tri-Delta program till I saw that Campusspeak offers it. It sounds like people from all groups are mixed together at the seminars.

http://www.campuspeak.com/programs/bootcamp/index.htm
Old 09-01-2003, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
It sounds hellacious. Raise your hand if you're glad you're an alum!
Old 09-01-2003, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl
I thought this was strictly a Tri-Delta program till I saw that Campusspeak offers it. It sounds like people from all groups are mixed together at the seminars.

http://www.campuspeak.com/programs/bootcamp/index.htm
I finally found "the Trident" that explained Recuitment Boot Camp (spring 2003 for sugar and spice ) and it seems that Tridelta National sponsored their own session in June with this company and geared it towards tridelta specifically.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTAMich
Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBaby80
ME ME ME!!!
Old 09-01-2003, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

two of the chapters that I advise went to recruitment boot camp and they both came back with a new vision of what recruitment is. It doesn't really have anything to do with skits or theme parties though.

I don't think they had a bad time either!!
Old 09-02-2003, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBaby80
Oooh, that'd be me ...although, I wish I had known something like this existed while I was still an active....
Old 09-02-2003, 01:36 AM
GreekChat Member

David Stollman, who does the non-Tri Delta version of RBC, has done a workshop with our chapter and he is really inspiring and nowhere near as dry as you might think. He definitely has a grasp on what the future of the Greek system looks like and what we as Greeks need to do to change that.

As for the Tri Delt RBC, our rush chair went to it and came back with some really great ideas for recruitment . . . but I don't know that much about it other than what she's told us. I know that one of the other GC Tri Delts attended it, so maybe she can chime in, though.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
A friend of mine and fellow D Phi E was one of the facilitators at the RBC in Philadelphia, and MANY of our area chapters went and were truly inspired by this program. As 33girl said, it's not about making skits or t-shirts, but the real spirit of recruiting new members and how to sell yourself. Our women had a great time!
Old 09-02-2003, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the responses!

Yeah, it actually was Tri-Delta that went to the RBC. I wasn't sure if it was strictly a DDD thing or if other chapters could go, too. I wish I had known about this earlier, because I would have told my chapter about the one in Philadelphia this summer. Maybe next year...
Old 09-02-2003, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

The U. Washington IFC/Panhellenic sent their recruitment officers and they had great comments on the program. It is geared toward improving recruitment for chapters or a greek community, so any level of officer can attend and find it helpful.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:25 PM
Ginger

This is really interesting! I wonder if it would help for non-NPC chapters?

I would love to sponsor someone from my collegiate chapter to go to this. Only thing is we don't do formal rush, so I don't know how applicable it would be... but I think I will write a letter to my collegiate chapter and see if anyone wants to go next year!