GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,195
3 members and 2,192 guests
Cookiez17, oncegreek, Xidelt

Old 10-10-2004, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
axp mixer

Hey everyone, I know that I haven't been on for awhile but I had a story to tell. We set up a mixer with alpha chi rho from Clarkson University from Potsdam. We hosted them at our house and had an around the world mixer. They brought about 400 dollars worth of liquor and we bought a keg and made punch. There was about 25 guys that came and we have about the same. it was a fun mixer- but in the morning we discovered our lounge chairs thrown out the fire escape and destroyed in our backyard. They drew penises on our main white board and all over our pictures that were posted. They threw food at the walls and spit beer and apple pieces all over our walls. Then we discovered that they stole our tap to the keg and our embroidered banner that has been in our sorority for 60 years.

I spoke to the president and he said that he would mail the banner back and he apologized but now we are in major trouble with out alumni because of the damage. We won't ever invite them back but has this ever happened to anyone else? What else should we do? Thanks everyone
Old 10-10-2004, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Well it's no surprise that your alumnae are upset. I don't know what your chapter's rules are, but are you even allowed to have a party in your house?

Not to even mention the damage, but what a risk management issue as well!

If things were getting out of control, why did no one step up and calm things down or kick them out?

I think the only things you can do is make sure that a) your chapter needs go to your alumnae board with your tails between your legs, because this is not only the boys' fault, b) keep up communciation with their chapter president and possibly their advisors to see that the damage is paid for, and c) really think about the rules of your house and risk management issues. You guys are lucky no one got hurt
Old 10-10-2004, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
Since we're a local, we own our house and the alumni encourage us to have parties (since open parties are a source of revenue for us- we buy our sweatshirts- and we needed a new stereo- etc but the older alumni are against it and the newer alumni are for it- but just don't want to know about it) - and we've never had a problem when other fraternities have stayed with us. You are right about the risk management issue and luckily nothing happened....

we did step up and spoke with them during- and for the most part they were supervised by sisters... it really wasn't until the morning that we found all the damage (there were sober sisters too)

I guess i shouldn't be shocked about their behavior... but I am...
Old 10-10-2004, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

find a new fund raiser

1 - get an estimate to repair/replace everything. Get photographs.

2 - send the estimate/bill/photos to the fraternity (maybe attach a note that if a check is not received within 15 days, your lawyer will be contacting the Clarkson Univ. administration and the CU student/community newspaper)

3 - find a new fund raiser