GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Zeta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,513
1 members and 2,512 guests
LaneSig

Old 02-13-2003, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Star Turtle
Wink good news and bad news

Bad news first, it's easier that way...... My boyfriend got activated for the US Army this past week, he's currently stationed in VA, but he's recieved news that he will be sent to Kuwait within the next two weeks. this comes after we just got everything figured out after some pretty hard times.
good news.... i did something i never thought i would be able to do. i lavaliered him the last night he was here. i'm really proud of the fact that i feel this way again, and i'm even more excited that he understood how much it meant (he's not greek, just an MP). my school doesn't practice lavaliering, so i am sharing this information will my internet sisters!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-14-2003, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Jessica-
Congrats on lavaliering your beau...I'm sure he will treasure it, knowing how much it means to you. I will keep him (and everyone else's loved ones who are shipping out) in my thoughts & prayers for a speedy and safe return.

DKZ,
Andi
Old 02-20-2003, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Star Turtle,
My boyfriend is leaving next Friday for Kuwiat. I know how you feel...if there is anything I can do, just let me know.

ITF,
Blaire
Old 02-24-2003, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Jessica and Blaire-

Both of you are in my thoughts and prayers. My brother is getting ready to be deployed again (he served in Desert Storm years ago) and my family, especially his 3 kids, are shook up. Hopefully there will be a peaceful solution soon so we can get our loved ones back!!!

DZ Hugs-
Nikki
Old 02-24-2003, 07:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I'm really sorry your boyfriend had to leave, especially since he's going off to parts unknown and that's really scary, but I want to add my congratulations for the lavaliering! Hopefully all this foolishness will be resolved soon and he'll be able to come home. How do you go about lavaliering a guy, anyway? No one around here has gotten that adventurous.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Star Turtle
wow - sorry about the major delay on this reply.

my school doesn't really 'practice' lavaliering, so i did it my own way.

we went out to dinner with his family, then came back home for some much needed sleep. he walked in the door, got a little more comfortable (no one said army uniforms were super comfortable) then i took my gold lavalier (i have 3 - a gold DZ letters, a silver DZ letters, and a gold disc my big sis engraved for me) and simply told him a little story:

something like this:
you know how hard I tried to be a delta zeta, and how much my sorority means to me. our outward sign of this importance is our letters, and i want you to understand how important you are to me. i want you to wear my lavalier and know that you will always be important to me.
:::he says:::
wow - this is crazy - does everyone do this?
:::back to me:::
well, kinda - it's mostly greek guys giving their letters to the girl in his life, very important, kinda like the promise ring you gave me, but a little bigger
:::wow. i'm completely amazed:::

that's what i did - it's not like i could have my chapter serenade him (we don't do that here) or like my girls would have even bothered (he's not greek - dear goodness) but that's what i did.

he now wears my letters on his dog-tags, so everyday he has a personal reminder of me.

he also took a little tiny turtle with him, that has become his unit's "mascot" - they walk around saying "turtle, turtle" (from the dana carvey movie)

okay - sorry for the super long post...and the delayed reply
Old 03-13-2003, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

I think it is so sweet the way you lavaliered him...and I must say that he is quite the lucky guy to be wearing DZ letters

He's in my thoughts and I hope all goes well for you guys!