GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,418
0 members and 2,418 guests
No Members online

Old 01-08-2008, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Well we had our wedding and honeymoon both in Ireland...and traveled a bit with friends and family who were with us, so I guess technically we didn't have an "alone"-time honeymoon, but that was ok. Having a destination wedding we knew that would happen.

We spent 6 days in Dublin (part of it was over Christmas eve/day and St. Stephen's day), 3 days in Kinsale, 2 days in Dundalk (the town where we married), 3 days in Galway, and drove all over the darned place, and we still didn't do all that we wanted.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoSigma2003 View Post
Alright, so we've picked out our dresses, showed our bling, now the best part.... the honeymoon!

If you are married, where did you go?
If you are engaged, where are you planning on going?
If your are single, where do you want to go?
Would you wait to go on your honeymoon?

Also, suggestions and "where not to go" would be VERY helpful!
We're between Hawaii and Aruba, leaning towards Aruba. It's a shorter, easier flight for us. Vacation time is an issue for us. We're planning on probably leaving the Monday after the wedding and returning the following Monday.

But we'll see. We just deposited on the reception site today! So honeymoon hasn't been a huge priority. Its something I'm totally delegating to him
Old 01-08-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennRN View Post
ZTAngel, what part of Costa Rica where you in? For our 1 year anniversary we spent 8 days in Costa Rica and loved it!! I've been trying to get back ever since!!
We went all over. We spent a few days by Arenal, then went to Liberia, then to San Ramon/Cloud Forest and lastly to San Jose. It was a lot of traveling...especially because a lot of those places are 4 hours apart and the roads are nowhere near as well maintained as they are in the U.S. but we enjoyed every minute that we were there.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
1st go round - Walt Disney World. Don't laugh - it is one of the top honeymoon destinations.
2nd round - B & B in Virginia. Blech.

If I had it to do over again, I'd book a land/sea cruise with Disney. You can bring your own booze on the Disney Cruise( unlike others), you have Disney-class service, and the rooms are the largest in the industry. Plus Castaway Cay, the Disney island in the Bahamas is amazing - you can walk right off the boat onto the island (other cruise islands you have to tender to). There's plenty for adults only both at the World and the Crusie. I'd do 3 days at WDW, and a 4 day cruise with the romance package.
My husband and I did the Disney 8-day land/sea package for our honeymoon and we had the best time. They put something special in our room every night!! Definitely worth the money. We also had a junior suite when we got to the "land" portion.

ΚΔΠ Education Honor Society
Old 01-08-2008, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
I wanted to take a Mediterranean cruise for our honeymoon but the airfare was going to cost as much as the cruise, so that idea was nixed.

We ended up going to Puerto Rico for 3 days and Walt Disney World for 5 days. My husband was insistant that he didn't want to "just sit on a beach" for a week, and he had never been to Disney, so it was the perfect compromise. I wish we had spent another two days in PR because I really would have loved to do some sight-seeing tours. As it was, the resort was so amazing that we didn't leave it. And Disney was an absolute blast!!! We got some honeymoon pins from guest services and it gave us all kinds of perks (like free ice cream, skipping to the front of a bunch of lines, getting picked for cameos in the backstage tour, etc).

My suggestions for future honeymooners is to wait a week before going on your honeymoon. Also, for the ladies, make all your reservations in your maiden name and don't try to change any of your documents (ie - license, s.s. card, passport) until you return.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

We stayed at the wonderful RIU Palace resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic in August for our honeymoon.

The resort was brand new (about 18 months old) and gorgeous. Price was reasonable (we went through a travel agent) and we had zero problems. The staff was friendly, the rooms were very nice, and the hotel and grounds were beautiful. We had rain for about 35 minutes the whole week we were there (about 5 mins one day, and 30 minutes of incoming hurricane rain thanks to Hurricane Dean). Plenty of restaurants to choose from on the resort and since we were at the largest resort, we could travel to any of the RIU resorts for breakfast or lunch...but had to stay for dinner. All the resorts were in a line along the beach....in perfect walking distance.

As you can see....we really enjoyed it and would love to go back!
Old 01-08-2008, 08:45 PM

We went to Aruba. We only went away for a few days... we took a tour of the island, but other than that, we pretty much just laid on the beach every day.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTAMich
We'll be going to St Thomas, USVI in Feb for a week. We got married in Oct & had to delay the honeymoon. Can't wait!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieAGD View Post
My suggestions for future honeymooners is to wait a week before going on your honeymoon. Also, for the ladies, make all your reservations in your maiden name and don't try to change any of your documents (ie - license, s.s. card, passport) until you return.
EXCELLENT advice, I very much co-sign.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

We went to the Bahamas and it was very nice. We chose it because it was an easy flight for us and I couldn't take that much time due to the nature of my job. I would definitely recommend the Atlantis resort.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

We waited 4 years after our wedding to go to the Big Island Hawaii on the Kona side. We stayed a Waikoloa Beach. Best time to go are April/May and September/October--less crowded. We went in both July and October.

We did go to the United Kingdom in 2004, but that was not our honeymoon, it was for his work.

After we were married, we did have a 1 night romance package in a ritzy hotel. THAT was very nice and the hotel staff was very nice...

If you do Vegas, get a room with a jacuzzi!!!

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 01-09-2008, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

We're getting married in either September or October '08, and are going to push our honeymoon off til Spring '09. We're buying our first home (hopefully) next month, so having that, then paying for our wedding ourselves, we wanted to still have a fantastic honeymoon, and so pushing it back made the most sense.

We're going to Italy, and my fiance is planning the whole thing - I'm thrilled to have something that I can go to, and not have to book all flights, hotels, etc!
Old 01-09-2008, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTABullwinkle
For those GCers that went to Disney, what would you suggest to do there? That is where me and the mister are planning on going.

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."
Old 01-09-2008, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm getting married in May of 2008 and we are going to the Bahamas! I'm very excited! We wanted to go to St. Lucia but the flights out of New Orleans had too many stops and we didn't want to waste a day traveling there and traveling back. So the Bahamas was the honeymoon for us! I can't wait! I've already started to look at bathing suits and clothes to get an idea! The place we are staying is all inclusive and was highly recommended by several of our friends.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

we went to hawaii, to the big island and stayed at a hotel in kona. it was beautiful and not too busy for the first part of june.