GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,262
1 members and 2,261 guests
No Members online

Old 05-04-2007, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Drug Dealing Alleged at Penn State

25 Penn State students have been arrested for alleged drug dealing. The student paper has the story, which, sad to say, mentions a few fraternities as “sites where drug deals were executed.” I hope that the alleged dealing, if it happened, went on without the knowledge of most of the men in those fraternities.

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive...07dnews-09.asp

Brief excerpts from the much longer article:

. . . The investigations leading up to the warrant roundup started at the beginning of the 2006-2007 academic year and targeted "lower level drug dealers who operate at the 'street level,' " Penn State University Police Chief Steve Shelow said . . . .

. . . Fraternities Alpha Chi Rho, 425 Locust Lane, Delta Tau Delta, 429 E. Hamilton Ave., and Sigma Pi, 303 Fraternity Row, were all named as sites where drug deals were executed. . . .
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-04-2007, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

No, No, No!

Why?

Hope this does not reflect on those GLOs whose members were involved!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 05-04-2007, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Earp View Post
No, No, No!

Why?

Hope this does not reflect on those GLOs whose members were involved!
In one way or another it will
"King said points would be assessed against fraternity houses where drug deals took place. Once a fraternity accumulates enough points in the borough's system, the fraternity can be evicted from the premises."
While I have yet to read the whole article, I will have to see if it says anything like "Smith Dorm" or "Jones Hall".

Last edited by jon1856; 05-04-2007 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

So the whole Chapter suffers?

So a kid sells a nickel bag of weed to help buy himself food & a campus rent a cop (Campus inSecurity) & the administratin gets to take it out on the whole Chapter. Not very democratic. Loke they never burned before?
Old 05-04-2007, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colada View Post
So a kid sells a nickel bag of weed to help buy himself food & a campus rent a cop (Campus inSecurity) & the administratin gets to take it out on the whole Chapter. Not very democratic. Loke they never burned before?
Somehow it appears that the drugs mentioned go a whole lot farther than a little weed.

Sorry, but selling drugs is illegal. A felony in these cases according to the article.

I hope there are other ways of making a buck to buy food for college students.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltAlum View Post
Sorry, but selling drugs is illegal. A felony in these cases according to the article.
And the drug war is immoral.

Anyways, Ole Miss has had a few of these as well.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Usually, that is the hand of death from anyones HQ.

It is stupid and ignorant, LXA closed down SWMO now Mo. State Un. for hazing and drugs!

If any of it is true, then action should be taken care of and fast.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 05-06-2007, 08:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JonInKC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Earp View Post
Usually, that is the hand of death from anyones HQ.

It is stupid and ignorant, LXA closed down SWMO now Mo. State Un. for hazing and drugs!

If any of it is true, then action should be taken care of and fast.
Ironically, Tom, the Sig Eps lived in that house before they did and were shut down for similar charges. I believe Theta Chi lives there now. We'll see if the curse of the red-doored house continues...

p a w e a since 1899
Old 05-06-2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
The drug war may be misguided and badly run, but I hardly think it's immoral to try to get dangerous (life threatening/addictive) drugs off the street.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post

Anyways, Ole Miss has had a few of these as well.
Fraternities are where a lot of our country's future leaders spend their college years. Whether or not the drug laws themselves are immoral is one thing. You can debate the correctness of a law, but the fact remains that the law is what it is.

In a civilized society, we can't just go around breaking laws because we think they're immoral or unjust. It really should be an all or nothing proposition.

I'm all for legalization of most narcotics, however, if I'm on my chapter's alumni board, house corporation, etc., (which I am sort of a quasi-member of all of those things), any drug activity in our chapter house will be dealt with very, very harshly.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma