GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,764
1 members and 2,763 guests
Joobee

Old 02-20-2004, 01:58 PM

Thank you, Andi!

The chapters Bama_Alumna and TSteven mentioned are all definitely awesome, but as far as I'm concerned there's no such thing as being too visible
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-20-2004, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

BrownEyedGirl,

Thanks for posting the link to that previous thread. I did a search but I guess I just didn't weed through the results far enough.

Edit: NEVERMIND...I went back and reread and answered my own question.

Last edited by WCUgirl; 02-20-2004 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-21-2004, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kayla0deegee
why did DG close....lack of members...where they not a very strong chapter? Im just curious, b/c i thought DG was big in the south!
Old 02-21-2004, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kayla0deegee
why did DG close....lack of members...where they not a very strong chapter? Im just curious, b/c i thought DG was big in the south!
kayla0deegee, check out this thread...it should answer your question. If not, try this one.
Old 02-21-2004, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kayla0deegee
Ok thanks!!!
Old 02-25-2004, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to IheartAphi
My bet would be Phi Mu... They are really awesome in most GA schools and have great reputations.
My one concern with the other chapters is that they are relatively only at a couple of schools in NC. I guess I am at a slight disadvantage because there are only a couple chapters of each here and there and I don't really know anyone in them personally. (At NCSU, a lot of frats have events with UNC Sororities)

I can't believe they are colonizing at Clemson though, that is so fun. Especially since NCSU is opened up, maybe if they both went with Pi Phi the two groups could have a football party or something.

I can't wait to tell Anne Ross and Anne Ried. They are both out of the country right now and appreciate the scoop from outside there chapter
Old 02-26-2004, 01:43 AM
GreekChat Member

I just thought I would add a few more tidbits from what I learned at chapter this week . . .
Many chapters have expressed interest (I remember hearing AOPi, Phi Mu, and Delta Zeta) and the expansion committee is meeting very soon to discuss and decide who would be the best fit for Clemson.

A little background on this past fall recruitment -- Nine of the ten soroities participated and of those 5 made quota. Of the 5, 4 made quota plus and one of the four who did not make quota was only one short. Three chapters did have to COB a good number of girls but were really successful! Being a Pi Chi this year gave me a little inside info into the numbers game.

Right now the two largest sororites are Kappa and Tri Delta with ADPi right behind. Zeta, Chi O, and Alpha Chi are all very close if not at 170. Theta, Gamma Phi, and Kappa Delta are right behind these three in numbers and are all VERY strong organizations. I think that the Greek system could support another chapter because of the strength of the remaining chapters.

Everyone is just really exited about another chapter and can't wait to find our out who or new addition will be!
Old 02-26-2004, 07:36 AM
GreekChat Member

I was just saying the other day how much I'd love to see Phi Mu at Clemson! Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 02-26-2004, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AXiD670
\
As for possible groups, I agree with ZTAngel - Phi Mu would be a good one. I think Sigma Kappa or Delta Zeta would also be good choices.
I think they need DZ... DZ's at Winthrop and USC, which are the other two biggest schools in South Carolina. I think in theory it would be great to add more chapters of Phi Mu and AZD in South Carolina, but in order for any program to be competitive at Clemson, it needs to be one that's already pretty established, and although Phi Mu has a couple of chapters in SC, they aren't at big schools. I think both Clemson and USC have demonstrated quite well throughout the past 10 years how hard it is to keep chapters on those campusses.

Last edited by CarolinaDG; 02-26-2004 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:51 AM
cutiepatootie

Ok i am not trying to sound ignorant here ...really.... but why does it have to be a southern based sorority? nothing is wrong with any one sorority i myself would love to see A Phi on campus but that is just me and maybe all of my A Phi Sisters on here.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

In theory, I also would love to see a non-southern based sorority here, but the cruel fact is that at the bigger schools, a non-southern sorority wouldn't last very long due to a couple of facters. Mainly alumnae support and legacies, but also it doesn't matter what school you go to, you know that ADPi and ZTA are two strong sororities in South Carolina. This is the same no matter what chapter in South Carolina you go to. Thing is, most people grow up in South Carolina, go to school in South Carolina, and find a job in South Carolina.
Old 02-29-2004, 07:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
When is a decision going to be made?
Old 02-29-2004, 09:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't want to be biased, but I think AOII would be an outstanding addition to the Clemson campus. We don't currently have any chapters in SC, but VERY strong established chapters in every other Southern state.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow! I'm so glad to see AOII has put in a request or whatever it is called to see if Clemson would be interested in AOII. I would be willing to go up there if they are approved and win a colony spot!

Also, on the same not, Panhellenic at Ole Miss voted for the "idea" of having another sorority join our campus by 2005 Recruitment. So far we have 9 NPCs.
AOII, DG, Chi O, Pi Phi, Theta, Tri Delta, KD, Phi Mu, Kappa....We use to have AZD, DZ, ZTA, & ADPi.

Anyway, this is a great thread. I was very impressed to see others on GC saying AOII would be a great candidate for a colony at Clemson.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedGirl
Well, ladies, I have a little update - courtesy of a membership and recruitment advisor at Clemson.

So far eight sororities have put in requests to present (and eventually colonize) at Clemson.

These sororities are:

Alpha Omicron Pi
Alpha Phi
Alpha Xi Delta
Delta Zeta
Phi Mu
Sigma Kappa
Sigma Sigma Sigma
Theta Phi Alpha

This week Panhellenic will be narrowing the field down to four prospective groups. I'll let you know as soon as I have heard anything!
That's an awesome response! Don't see how Clemson can go wrong w/that field of candidates.... Keeping my fingers crossed for DZ, but essentially hoping that Clemson finds the best possible fit to strengthen sorority life on their campus!!