GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,143
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, liscahvs8263
» Online Users: 1,450
0 members and 1,450 guests
No Members online

Old 10-09-2008, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Recruitment begins soon! There are about 840 signed up. This is one of the latest recruitments. In 2000, Bid Day was on 10/23 and that seemed really late too! I know all of the sororities are going to do fabulous too!

Convocation: October 12, 2008
Philanthropy parties: October 15-16, 2008
Skit party: Friday October 17, 208
Pref Party: Saturday October 18, 2008
BID DAY: Sunday October 19, 2008 (bids should go out around 3pm I believe)

Last edited by OleMissGlitter; 10-10-2008 at 10:17 AM. Reason: I added something in the dates that was wrong!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-09-2008, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't wait for stories. Good luck to you and your girls, Ole Miss Glitter.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:41 PM

How many women do you have signed up as of right now?

Lakers Nation.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMissGlitter View Post
That is correct and it also has to do with when we have an away football game or an off weekend during football. Logistically, we could not have recruitment when there is anything else "big" happening on campus.
Quote:
Recruitment begins soon! There are about 840 signed up. This is one of the latest recruitments. In 2000, Bid Day was on 10/23 and that seemed really late too! I know all of the sororities are going to do fabulous too!

Convocation: October 12, 2008
Skit Preview: October 5, 2008
Philanthropy parties: October 15-16, 2008
Skit party: Friday October 17, 208
Pref Party: Saturday October 18, 2008
BID DAY: Sunday October 19, 2008 (bids should go out around 3pm I believe)
A few questions.

Is Convocation on the 12th or was in on the 2nd? What are "Skit Previews"? And when (what time) are the preference parties? Cause y'all play Bama at 2:30 p.m. CT on the 18th. And I am sure that every Ole Miss Miss will be cheering for her beloved Rebs at that time.

Last edited by TSteven; 10-09-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSteven View Post
A few questions.

Is Convocation on the 12th or was in on the 2nd? What are "Skit Previews"? And when (what time) are the preference parties? Cause y'all play Bama at 2:30 p.m. CT on the 18th. And I am sure that every Ole Miss Miss will be cheering for her beloved Rebs at that time.
Opps! I copied the dates from another website and didn't meant to put the Skit Preview in there! But Skit Preview is something that all of the sororities do before recruitment. They invite their alumnae and their parents to watch the skit. It's kind of like a "run through" before the big day comes!

Convocation is on Sunday, the 12th. They had a pre-convocation already but the one this Sunday is the big one.

Preference Parties should begin at 4pm on Saturday. The past few years we have always had a football game during Pref. The mothers and alumnae will give the girls score updates. I remember a few years back the football game was on the day of Skit Parties, and the girls in the Skit would add in about the football game score and start the Hotty Toddy! Made for a fun party! I know the Alabama/Ole Miss game is on CBS this year!

There are approx. 838 signed up for recruitment. However, I was told by a very reliable source that there are a few stuck out in ICS land who signed up right before the deadline, so their grades are still being verified. So I had heard 850. But if it's only 838 I don't think that will break anyone's heart on campus. I was told quota should be in the 80s.

Last edited by OleMissGlitter; 10-10-2008 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Number registered
Old 10-15-2008, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Rush is finally here!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Can't wait to hear some stories!!!

Elizabeth Barrett Browning , A Flower in a Letter
<>
Old 10-15-2008, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Phi Mu View Post
Rush is finally here!!!
AMEN! I think everyone is ready! Parties begin at 4:30 today!

I know all 9 sororities are going to do awesome!
Old 10-16-2008, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I check this thread seriously like every few hours! Hopefully we'll hear some anecdotes/stories along the way!

My best friend's little sister has a few friends who are freshmen (I know that seems like several degrees of separation, but this family and my family are best friend families if that makes sense)... maybe I will hear some updates through the grapevine! Fingers crossed...

Old 10-16-2008, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Well it's rainy here in Oxford today so hopefully that won't be an issue for PNMs. I am sure their Gamma Chi's will tell them to dress accordingly for day 2 of Philanthropy Parties. Tomorrow is suppose to be a little rainy too and it should cool off a bit. Yucky weather for Recruitment!
Old 10-16-2008, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Well it's rainy here in Oxford today so hopefully that won't be an issue for PNMs. I am sure their Gamma Chi's will tell them to dress accordingly for day 2 of Philanthropy Parties. Tomorrow is suppose to be a little rainy too and it should cool off a bit. Yucky weather for Recruitment!
Oh I know! At least it's not Skit or Pref when everyone is in dresses and heels. But parties went really well last night from what I heard. I believe everyone was very excited and can't wait for the next rounds. I will say that it's so nice to be in the house this year for rush. It makes everything so much easier than last year!

Last edited by Ole Miss Phi Mu; 10-16-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

UPDATE 10/17

The University is having issues with water on campus! AHHHH! So Pi Phi, Theta, Chi O, and AOII (not sure about the other sororities houses) do not have water! The female dorms are the same way too! Parties start at 4pm tonight. Anyway, I hope they can get the water back on soon on campus. Oh and get this, to fix the problem the physical plant is digging the street up right in front of the AOII HOUSE! AHHHHH!
Old 10-17-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
The University is having issues with water on campus! AHHHH! So Pi Phi, Theta, Chi O, and AOII (not sure about the other sororities houses) do not have water! The female dorms are the same way too! Parties start at 4pm tonight. Anyway, I hope they can get the water back on soon on campus. Oh and get this, to fix the problem the physical plant is digging the street up right in front of the AOII HOUSE! AHHHHH!
My junior year, we had just gotten a new house. The plumbing quit the morning of our first rush party. We got water 15 minutes before the party began.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 10-17-2008, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

OMG. OleMissGlitter, I'm praying for you.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
This is the type of thing that happened in my recruitment nightmares in undergrad. Either this or a fire.

Lakers Nation.