GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,480
0 members and 1,480 guests
No Members online

Old 04-21-2014, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up LXA Alumnus

I have the privilege of going to the funeral of an elderly brother of Lambda Chi Alpha today. I had only met him once, but my husband has known him all of his life. We were both so amazed by his life story, I felt the need to post this for all of y'all to see that you've been well respected!

Harold Nelson was 90 years old, and had been married for 55 years. He was an alumnus of Alpha Gamma chapter, University of South Dakota-Vermillion, and if he was the essence of Lambda Chi Alpha, I would never be able to say a bad word about LXA! His sons (none of whom attended a school with greek life, sadly) told me that, whenever Mr. Nelson was in Vermillion, he dropped in at the fraternity house. Maybe some of y'all got a chance to meet him.

As I said, I felt the need to say what a great representative you just lost - but his legacy lives on!
Old 04-22-2014, 10:10 AM
GreekChat Member

honeychile,
thank so much for posting this and how touching it really is for a fellow LXA Alumnus.

Some years ago I thought my chapter needed a way to honor our passed Brothers and came up with the idea of an Omega plaque. It ended up getting lost beleive it or not and another Alum built another bigger one.
It hangs in a place of honor in our chapter house for all to see and remember those we have lost. As a new Brother has passed, he is added to it asap so he will be thought of by all who are still living.
They are our legacy of men who help build and for us to continue to grow and live on.

LX Z # 1
Alumni