GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,307
2 members and 2,305 guests
Cookiez17

Old 07-26-2014, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Wayyyyyyyy back in December, Halo applied for a scholarship through the National Eagle Scout Association and he received a letter today indicating he has been chosen as a recipient of a $2500 scholarship. Around 7000 kids applied and 250 received scholarships. <proud mom look here>.

Orientation is next week and we are forming the 'pile' of stuff for his dorm in the family room. Thankfully, it is a smaller pile than Hypo had. Much smaller.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-26-2014, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

great news! congratulations!!!!!!!!!
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 07-26-2014, 05:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Yep, I was harassing Halo for signing us up for the WRONG orientation. How cool would it be to be in parent orientation with Madonna? I wonder if Lourdes will go through recruitment?
I'm hoping for her to go through a recruitment of some sort. I legit perked up a bit when I read the part about her majoring in Musical Theatre…Michigan is where our Alpha chapter is!

The wonderful thing is, though, she could do both NPC and SAI if she wanted to. I think any group would love to have her for a member.

Also, congrats to y'all on Halo's scholarship!

Old 07-26-2014, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Wayyyyyyyy back in December, Halo applied for a scholarship through the National Eagle Scout Association and he received a letter today indicating he has been chosen as a recipient of a $2500 scholarship. Around 7000 kids applied and 250 received scholarships. <proud mom look here>.
Rightfully so! Congrats to him!!
Old 07-26-2014, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats!
Old 07-26-2014, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Orientation is next week and we are forming the 'pile' of stuff for his dorm in the family room. Thankfully, it is a smaller pile than Hypo had. Much smaller.
Congratulations!
Old 07-26-2014, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

yesssss!!!!!
Old 07-31-2014, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Things are going great! He loved orientation, really clicked with other kids in the Residential College who he met, and is actually excited about college! The Financial Aid office put the entire scholarship in place of some of his loans so he's down to less than $1000 in student loans for this year. How cool is that?

He talked my ear off on the way home and at lunch about the kids he met, the classes he'll have, the activities they did, the resources the school has to help kids succeed.. on and on. He was definitely in his element and enjoyed it a lot. He's ready to move in! He even asked if he could apply to be a Move In Maker- the kids who help others move in, because he'd get to move in two days early then. I asked him not to do that this time. His dad and I have both already gotten the original move in day off work and who helps you move in when the Move In Makers are moving in? I want that help!
Old 07-31-2014, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Awesome!
Old 08-02-2014, 03:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Tthe kids he met, the classes he'll have, the activities they did, the resources the school has to help kids succeed.. on and on.
Super exciting! He is really embracing UM and all that it will (not can -- will) do for him. Go so much Blue!
Old 08-17-2014, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

The countdown to move in has begun. 11 days to go. He and his buddies have declared this week "Bro Week" as they start heading out in a week or so. Tomorrow they are going to Cedar Point. They have stuff planned all week. One of his friends loves my corned beef and Halo asked if I could make corned beef one day so his buddy could come for dinner...lol. Seriously, all I do is take the thing out of the plastic, put it in water in the crockpot and dump the seasonings it comes with in. When I get home from work it's done and we eat it on onion rolls. Not a big deal.

The boy needs some pants and tennis shoes. Other than that, I think we're done with the shopping part.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Move in is tomorrow. A new era for both of us.