GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 305,996
Threads: 114,543
Welcome to our newest member, lglass
» Online Users: 380
2 members and 378 guests
adrgjzzrh

Old 08-16-2012, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ I can see feeling that way on a campus where there are 20 women in a chapter. I can't see feeling that way if there are more than 50 or 60 women, let alone more than 200.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I also love how these women feel they are so much better than these chapters. One of the other threads had a mom who described her daughter as a wall flower, but god forbid her daughter end up in a chapter "below" her. Some of these people really have an inflated sense of self.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-17-2012, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Today is Preference round at Alabama. Good luck to all the girls. I hope the rain holds off, and the girls hold up. It has been a very long week! Someone posted earlier they heard 200 were released/resigned early in the week. I heard 300 after open house. Hopefully all the remaining women will have parties to attend today and all who want a home will find one tomorrow.
I've been reading the Auburn and UK threads, and it has been a tough recruitment season so far in the SEC. I had a rec girl at UK resign before pref. because she didn't have her favorite. No one in her family is Greek, and she was totally unprepared, even though local alums offered to help. I hate it for her, and evidently she didn't think she needed help or advice. It didn't have to end like that for her, she had other choices. Keep that in mind PNMs and Moms.
Roll Tide!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

What time do parties begin today and what time do/did they get their invitations? I'm following three girls - two had full schedules to skit parties but the third has either been completely dropped or only had one skit party due to grades. Her 9th grade GPA was low due to a learning disability - once it was diagnosed, her grades have been excellent. However, it knocked her overall GPA way down. Other than that, she is a beautiful & outstanding girl. I really hate it for her & her mom - I tried to make them understand that this was a very real possibility but they chose to go ahead - felt she had done nothing wrong and surely it would all work out. My heart is breaking for both of them.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Parties begin today about noon. Don't know when the PNMs get their list, but probably soon.
200 were gone as of last night; right now, about 240. That 300 figure after open house is is wrong. Now, plenty will quit once they get their pref party list. Plenty will not sign a bid card.
We'll see what happens over the next hours. Tough recruitment season? No, this is a normal recruitment in the SEC.

Last edited by AnchorAlumna; 08-17-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Hopefully the PNM you were worried about it still in the hunt and it will be alright.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Not sure what time they pick up invites, but I believe the parties start at noon. I think that anyone who has been released from recruitment has been notified by now.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

I believe 1130 according to the greek catalog. First pref is at 1210

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 08-17-2012, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Invites distributed at 11:30, first party at noon. There are 6 scheduled, with an extra slot if needed. There was a huge storm again yesterday afternoon---hail and large branches down on campus. Unfortunately, weather report is for a potential repeat today. Bid selections scheduled to start at 7pm. Nhfulmer, my DD tells me the third girl you are following is still in it, and excitedly hoping for a pref invite for her remaining choice.

Oops, meant BID selection at 7 tonight

Last edited by CarolinaCarnati; 08-17-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Nhfulmer...just received verification that the third young lady is indeed going to pref! So happy for her that she kept an open mind and is moving forward. As you mentioned, she is a beautiful and fantastic girl who will be a great asset!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you!!!! I've been so worried about her. She will be such as asset to that chapter. I'm muc relieved. Email me as soon as you hear from DD - I can't wait to hear. RTR
Old 08-17-2012, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

DD received back pref invites to her top 3!!! Two of them have been at the top of her list from day 1; there have been interesting changes along the way, and a last minute switch in the top 3 after Skit Day. She has kept an open mind, and made the right decisions for her along the way. Now I have to worry about how in the world she will decide between 3 extremely strong chapters later tonight. She loves all 3.....I'm so proud of her and can't wait to stand outside the stadium tomorrow and learn where she ended up. Nhfulmer...I thank you for all of your guidance. GC'ers.....She never could have prepared herself as an OOS with very few connections here without all of the amazing stories and advice on this board. We have lurked on here for almost one year. She went every single round with a full schedule--she's a great girl who listened and researched how to have the best recruitment possible. Very proud mama today!!
Old 08-17-2012, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

CarolinaCarni - send me an email with who she is going to for pref. I've sort of had an ongoing idea of where she would fit - just want to see if I was right. I'm thrilled for her.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

The most recent - and official! - count from Kat.

It's Preference Day at Alabama and I am excited to report that 1,752 women are attending events today. This year, we had 1,993 women register and an Open House Pool of 1,952. All I can say...is what a week it has been. We survived two days of weather delays, an internet outage, and and a fire alarm. Tomorrow is Bid Day and my last request is for the weather to hold. It hardly ever rains on Bid Day at Alabama and I would like the tradition to continue! Roll Tide!

How wonderful!!! RTR
Old 08-17-2012, 02:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow. Those are great numbers. It seems like many girls found it in themselves to keep going even without their favorite.