GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,336
3 members and 1,333 guests
chi-o_cat, Cookiez17, JayhawkAOII

Old 08-09-2015, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Feeling Accomplished

Well ladies (and gentlemen), I am feeling accomplished. Darling Daughter - not so much.

Today, I completed her emergency kit for recruitment which includes everything y'all suggested (except for the blister prevention which I didn't find). I am proud of myself - early is NOT my middle name. I even ordered the new sticky bras that were posted and they will be here just in time. Everything is purchased for her dorm, and I have read and read until I don't think there is anything else for me to learn. Okay. No, I am not that naive. It is more like I don't think my little brain can handle anymore knowledge.

Darling daughter is a different story. She realized today that she will have a visit from her monthly during the week of recruitment. She swears the universe hates her! She had picked out a white dress and a pastel dress for 2 of the days as well as white shorts for t-shirt day. Back to the drawing board for a second option on said days. Also, she mentioned today that she has developed a stutter in the past 2 days. She decided nerves are getting to her. I said -- better now than during recruitment!
And lastly, her roommate has decided not to go through and will not be moving in until the day before bid day. We haven't decided if this will be good or bad. She might be lonely when in her room but will enjoy the privacy. I hope roomie's move in will not be disruptive to darling daughter getting ready for parties, etc.

Overall, DD is very excited and ready to go!

I would like to thank each of you that take the time to post tips, advice, and stories. It has definitely helped in our preparation and given us great reading material this summer!

The count down is on!! Can i start drinking yet?
Old 08-09-2015, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Absolutely! Have a cool one. You deserve it...and plenty more on hand...
Old 08-09-2015, 07:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I wouldn't worry about the roommate not moving in until later. Your daughter will be super busy and will in a group of girls the entire week. She will not have time to be lonely!! And, some of these girls will become her friends for life!

Have a drink. . ... it will all be okay!!! Best of luck to your daughter!
Old 08-09-2015, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Blister Block is sold at Walmart and most drug stores. It is with the Band Aids.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks! I will head to Walmart tomorrow and look again! Can someone tell me if Daughter or I should politely ask how the rec writing went to someone who offered to write a rec, but never mentioned it again? All of our other writers mentioned that it was done or asked questions during. I'm sure it's fine. Maybe I'm just a little nervous too. Anyway... can't do anything about it now.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't think I would ask about recs any longer ... especially if DD is at the point of having a superbly packed recruitment emergency kit. Throw in a few extra tampons and call it a week. You know, I've read that the worst thing you can do to someone with an invisible illness is to ask them to prove they are sick. I think the worst thing you can do to a PNM who doesn't know how the week will end is to pester them about the outcome.

Drink your wine, have a pedi/mani, and then have some fun on squeal day!
Old 08-10-2015, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJustAMom View Post
Can someone tell me if Daughter or I should politely ask how the rec writing went to someone who offered to write a rec, but never mentioned it again? All of our other writers mentioned that it was done or asked questions during. I'm sure it's fine. Maybe I'm just a little nervous too. Anyway... can't do anything about it now.
I wanted to re-assure you that the rec. is probably fine. I typically don't mention it after I have submitted it; I guess it feels a little awkward to me. It sounds like she is very prepared, and I'm sure she will have a great recruitment. Good luck to her, and to you!
Old 08-10-2015, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Have a glass of wine!
Old 08-10-2015, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks all! Found the blister block at Walmart (I hate that store! We are Target shoppers) I'm skipping the wine and will take fruity drinks by the pool until time to move her in! I will keep y'all posted.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:29 PM

Have your daughter take a deep breath. Same advice for you.

If your daughter happens to be on the pill (some young women are, even if they aren't sexually active), she can skip her spacer pills and go straight on to her next pill pack, and Aunt Flow won't pay a visit. If not, stress can also cause Aunt Flow not to show up - and recruitment is certainly stressful. Still, best to keep some tampons in the recruitment kit just in case.

Good luck to her!