GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465

Old 07-27-2002, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Anyone rushing at Alabama this year?

I'm trying to work out my schedule so that I can help out during rush (er...recruitment) this year. It's so much fun to go back and see all the PNM's coming through.
Just wondering if there are any Greek Chatters who are planning to rush at Bama this year and if you have any questions about rush at UA.

Roll Tide!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-02-2002, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

My cousin is rushing at Alabama this year.
I'm trying to convince her to post her rush experience here!
Old 08-02-2002, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

When does recruitment begin at UA? I'm an alum and I am too far away to help out during those weeks....by the way is it still deferred rush? or are they going back to recruitment before classes begin? I'd love to hear stories from rushees that may be going to Alabama....ROLL TIDE!!!
Old 08-03-2002, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Rush dates at UA are Sept. 1(Ice Water Tea) and Sept. 2 (10-party); then Sept. 8 (6-party) and 9 (serious night). Bid Day is Sept. 10.
It's so weird how they do deferred rush now. Also, they have changed 10-party to philanthropy day and 6-party is the only day with a skit.
Bid day is now on Tuesday afternoon.
I miss the good ol' days of having it the week before classes start, but at least this way I can be there for part of it.
ZTAgrl, when did you pledge? I had some good friends who were Zetas--they mostly pledged around 93-94.
Old 08-05-2002, 08:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Bama_Alumna - I pledged in '95 - who do you know?
Old 08-05-2002, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll send you a PM later. Maybe we have some mutual friends.
Old 08-12-2002, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

When is the deadline to sign up? There is a young lady from here who is attending, but never heard back if she dicided to go through recruitment.
Old 08-31-2002, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, well, well...Just got back from a reception and ran into the Mom of my little friend. No shocker here. She sent her info into Panhellenic and they took care of the recs. Translation-she has recs for 5 sororities and understood she wouldn't need one for the others.

I'll tell you guys someting else. There's been quite a bit of mingling with this young lady and three sororities in particular prior to rush, according to her mother.

Too bad. Seems like there are two recruitments going on in "Rush Land".
I give up...
Old 09-01-2002, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Just wondering...

...justamom, can you PM me about the 'dirty rushin' sororities -- if one of them is mine, I have no qualms about taking the matter to our higher ups. That kind of behavior stinks as far as I am concerned!
Old 09-01-2002, 08:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Since it was party talk, could she be embellishing the situation?
Probably not, but the possibility always exists as well as getting one sorority name confused with another. Although this is highly unlikely, as the names are familiar to our area, it would be a "shame on me" if something wrong was passed along. Rest assured, your sorority wasn't mentioned.

The Mom is well versed in "Dirty Rush" and told her daughter to be careful because she didn't want it to end up hurting her and in her opinion this was always one of the potential problems with a later recruitment. (SHE DID SAY RECRUITMENT, NOT RUSH! LOL)

There is one other girl from our area that is now an active in a sorority on campus. From what "Mom" said, they can always view it as one family friend helping another. Friends (alum) contacted the chapters involved to "flag" her. Her last meaningful comment refereed to meeting some girls prior to actual rush activities "...I guess it's good she got a chance to meet some of the girls before recruitment activities so she could see who she really liked."
Ironic isn't it when you're making your mind up before you've met with ALL the sororities...