GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Non Greek Letter (NGL) > Groove Phi Groove
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,467
1 members and 1,466 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 10-11-2002, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool Happy 40th Birthday Groove Phi Groove

"DAMN IT FEEL GOOD TO SEE PEOPLE UP ON IT!!"

Yo Fellowmen we have have survived a turmulous 40 years of Groovin and we are still going strong and getting stronger as time goes on. When I sailed the trebled waters of Groove back on September 10, 1993 I made a vow to always keep the everlasting light of Groove Phi burning bright and to never let the sheild rest on it's own. As all fellowmwen know it's much harder to be a Groove than to become one and to that avail anyone whom is celebrating this day as much as I can truly understand how special this organization is to my heart and my life. On October 12, 1962 at Morgan State University A group of Gentlemen came together and Founded the Nation of Groove Phi Groove. When they where in the bowels of the refectory and made a line and stated whomever is with us stays with us, There were 14. Those 14 men were:
Glen Brown-Baltimore, MD
Raymond Clark-Plainfield, NJ (Tick- Tick)
John Conquest -Yaphawk, NY (The Man)
Walter Goodwin-Cleveland, OH
Barry Hampton-Baltimore, MD (The Dreamer)
James Hill-New Haven, CT
Charles Johnson-Baltimore, MD
Nathaniel Monroe-Baltimore, MD
David Nesbitt-Columbia, MD
Nathaniel Parham, Sr.-Columbia, MD
Harry Payne-(Deceased)
Barry Simms-Columbia, MD
Robert Simpson-Memphis, TN
Woodrow Williams-Baltimore, MD

We were founded not on no damn stormy night or no crap like that, it was actually a beautiful night, but the time period was very stormy though. The civil rights movement was in full swing and Black people were wanting to be heard and counted. Our Founders saw what was happening and took it into their own hands and created an organization that has taken a form that is extremely unique to any other Black Collegiate based organization out there. We the members of Groove Phi Groove, SFI., are extremely special for we are true Masters of our Destiny and we are extremely proud to not follow the status quo. To all of the naysayers whom said Groove wouldn't last "We laughin' at cha', Ha Ha Ha!" 40,000+ Strong baby!!! As the first Alternative Organization (on a National level) to break away fom the pack I commend those 14 men who had the courage, the passion, and desire to follow their hearts when no one else would. Thank you Founders for manifesting Groove Phi Groove Social Fellowship, Inc. and creating the Greatest Organization on the Planet and Beyond!
The Mothership has truly landed!!!! Happy Birthday Groovers..oh by the way the Cow is just Groovy Baby!

Got Guts-Pledge Groove
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )