GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,265
3 members and 2,262 guests
Cookiez17, Overthinker, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 06-15-2004, 08:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb Weddings

We have several sister getting married at the Gamma chapter this summer. I was wondering if any chapters have a tradition for sisters getting married, ie serenades, readings, etc. I recently attended one wedding were all of the AGR brothers serenaded the bride.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-15-2004, 09:11 AM
GreekChat Member

At Alpha Chapter we sing "She Wears An S" to the bride, just before or after the boquet toss
Old 06-15-2004, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

All these wedding threads are cool. I am by no means planning on getting married anytime soon but I definately would like to add a DPhiE touch to my wedding. I may have irises incorporated somehow and I would definately have some DPhiE songs playing. I already know I would want at least two of my sisters from undergrad in my wedding party.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Long time no talkin' to you Buff.

As soon as I saw that I knew it was you, I mean come on, how many Buff's can there be? LOL

I have also wondered this. I do believe that Jill told us that sisters of her chapter bring yellow mums for the recieving table.

For the other chapters, all us Gamma girls know is pass it on, we arn't musically inclined in the least bit
Old 06-17-2004, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey Ladies,

There should be some older threads on this very topic... might do a search or look back to find some great ideas other Sigma Alphas brought to our attention!

One of my favs was having a small corsage for all the sisters in attendance.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NCSUTractorChic Send a message via Yahoo to NCSUTractorChic
I'm in the process of planning a wedding- no date set. I'm finding it very interesting to hear ways to incorporate the sisterhood into the days festivities.

So, I love the small bouquet idea! That is definantly going into my idea notebook. I was curious however, if there ever was a poem wrote (from looking at old posts, it seemed like there was one in the works). And, I was wondering if the Circle Song could be used since's it's an old Harry Chapin song.

Just curious,
and thanks!!
*b