GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,330
0 members and 2,330 guests
No Members online

Old 06-13-2001, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Most treasured greek possession?

What is your most treasured item from your GLO that you have obtained since becoming a brother or sister?

For me, it is an oil painting I found for sale on eBay. It once belonged to a brother who graduated in 1887 from Williams college, where our first ever chapter was. Though I sometimes get mad when I see people sell badges on eBay, I'm also very happy I can get these kinds of items. I've bought 7 or 8 books of ours on there too. I wouldn't have been able to get these without eBay.

So what's yours?

Brian
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-13-2001, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

When I went home for semester break after I'd pledged Alpha Gam I visited a high school friend. I was very enthusiastic about my chapter, and told my friend and her mother.

The weekend I was initiated I got a package from my friend and her mom. It was a sterling silver bar pin with the Alpha Gam coat of arms on it. It has belonged to my friend's mom's aunt, who was an Alpha Gam at Nebraska Wesleyan.

It was such a thoughtful gift!

(My friend,her mom,and her sister, as well as my mother and me, are all P.E.O. sisters so there's a bond still!)
Old 06-13-2001, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

What a beautiful story AGDAlum! My most treasured possession is my badge, and then my husband's badge. I love to see them side by side in my jewelry box!

------------------
"To hold truth inviolable, sincerity essential. kindness invaluable."
Old 06-13-2001, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

I still have the first sweatshirt bought for me by my mother and grandmother...they didn't know anything about greek letters, but knew enough to buy me a sweatshirt!

I still have a Sorority business card from a set my boyfriend bought for me back then (almost 8 years ago). He wasn't greek, so it was very sweet of him to do it.

My most precious possessions: I have a beautiful white handkerchief embroidered with a powder blue P that belonged to one of Five Founders of Zeta Phi Beta, Most Honorable Pearl Pearl Neal. I also have a silver goblet that was a Founders Cup given to our 5 Pearls every year while they were living by the NY grad chapter. I will donate both back to the Sorority in the future.

------------------
Finer Womanhood: the "Cat's Meow" Since 1920
Old 06-13-2001, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Oops, I didn't read the question carefully enough! My bad!

------------------
"To hold truth inviolable, sincerity essential. kindness invaluable."
Old 06-13-2001, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ambición6 Send a message via Yahoo to ambición6

Last edited by ambición6; 06-20-2006 at 10:21 PM.
Old 06-13-2001, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I just pledged last fall so I'm still kinda new and I treasure EVERYTHING w/ SK I've recieved. My FAV possession has nothing to do w/ SK per sae though. My big gave me an Elmo cookie jar that says "Elmo love cookies...with milk. Hehehehe" when you take his head off. It cracks me up every time I open it!!But as far as SK things so, my pin of course and my lavalier that my big and grand big bought for me.
Old 06-14-2001, 12:59 AM

Smile

What a great topic!

I treasure everything that I recieved as a sister of Pi Sigma Epsilon (coed business fraternity), but my "favorite" would definitely by my silver lavaliere that my mom (instead of bigs we had parents)gave me after initiation, and also my paddle. For our "spring fling" this year we had a Hawaiian theme, and the favor that we gave out was a pillowcase with our letters printed on it with palm trees around it. then on the bottom it says "Wet Dreams In PSE's Hawaiian Paradise 2001"...LOL.

As a (ex)gf of a Sammy, I got stuff as well (which by the way, he refused to take back when i asked him)--the lavaliere and hat were my top faves.

Hey ambicion, my next door neighbor/friend in the dorms is also in Alpha Psi Lambda. he just got initiated this spring. He's a real sweetie and I was very proud of him! His "parents" gave him this cool looking jersey as one of his presents.
Old 06-14-2001, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Demon Knight Send a message via AIM to Demon Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Demon Knight
The most treasured items I have recieved and will treasure for all time to come, is my brotherhood with the other members of Phi Kappa Tau, and the knowledge that makes me a better person both inside and out.

In Phi,
Ricky

PS
Very good topic

------------------
The Power of one
The Force of Many
HOO RAH!!
Old 06-14-2001, 01:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to queequek
I have a silver goblet that were given to me as I was initiated. My pledge dad engraved our initiation date, our crest and my name on it.

Our chapter has a drawing of the Thumper character (Bambi), drawn and signed by Frank Thomas, the creator. He is (or, was) our alum from Stanford, and we got that picture back in the 1950s. That's the most valuable possession we have, beside our Leini paddle signed by Leini himself. But someone stole it from our display case last semester, and we are still very pissed.
Old 06-14-2001, 02:21 AM

My badge. And, of course, the memories of the beauty of our Ritual which are renewed several times a year -- every time I attend a Delt initiation.

Fraternally,
DeltAlum
Old 06-14-2001, 09:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ees125
One thing I treasure most would be an AGD blanket my boyfriend's mother made for me with block letters on it. It is so fuzzy and warm, and not only does it remind me of my sisters, but it showed me that his mother understood how much I cared about my sisters and would miss them when I graduated (even though she was never in a sorority herself.
Old 06-14-2001, 09:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
My most treasured greek possession (besides my badge) is my lavalier...I never take it off (which is going to be the hardest part of being a Rho Chi).

There is a story that goes along with my lavalier...My Big gave it to me at our Thanksgiving potluck because it didn't come in on time for Initiation. When my first lil sis initated, I pasted it down to her and bought a new one. The one I bought now belongs to my second lil sis. My original lavalier has now been worn by me, my lil, my grand-lil, and my great-grand-lil. It's a tradition I cherish.
Old 06-14-2001, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I have three Greek possessions that I treasure. The first is a cross-stitched version of the Delta Zeta crest that my Dad did for me while I was in college. It's matted and framed in my living room.

My second favorite is a charm bracelet that my big sister gave me when I turned 21. The charm has DZ on one side and "Happy 21, Love Mary Ashley" on the back.

And my last treasure is the DZ watch that my parents gave me when I was elected president. It's gold with the crest etched on the face and has a black leather band.
Old 06-14-2001, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

I definately have to say that my most prized possession that I have received since I became a Delta Gamma in fall 99 is this embroidered picture of Raggedy Anne that my fiance' gave me for Christmas this past year. His mom had embroidered it for his older sister when she was little and my fiance', after looking forever to find something that had to do with DG, thought that would be the perfect gift. He had it framed and everything and I hope to one day pass it on to our first child (if it's a girl) or his sister's first child if it's a girl.

~Anchored in DG~