GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,356
0 members and 2,356 guests
No Members online

Old 08-17-2009, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

An Only-Slightly-Belated Fall '09 Story

Since this campus' recruitment is now over, I figured I'd post this story. The PNM to whom the story belongs is exactly the sort of PNM we'd all love to have rush, in that she really genuinely enjoyed every house the whole way through recruitment.

I'll be naming the 17 chapters after musicals. I know, this is really no different from my thread (female musical characters) or my sister's (male musical characters). Oh, well. I'm not feeling super creative.

Ruthless
The Wild Party
Lucky Stiff
Violet
Parade
Steel Pier
Martin Guerre
Assassins
Seesaw
Nine
Carnival
Song and Dance
Grand Hotel
Brigadoon
Show Boat
Pippin

Round One:
PNM entered recruitment really knowing nothing about the process or the houses. She was not really certain that pledging would be for her, but she figured it wouldn't hurt to go through the process to see if she clicked with any houses.

The first round was a whirlwind for PNM. She came out of the round feeling as though the houses really fell into 2 groups for her:
1. The Top 5
2. The Other 12

Unfortunately, PNMs can only go back to 12 houses for round 2, so PNM had to rank her houses knowing that she might not return to houses 13-17. What was PNM to do?

Find out later...
Old 08-17-2009, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I love a DGDramaDawg recruitment thread! Yea!!!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

hooray!!
Old 08-17-2009, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

For round one, PNM felt the following feelings about chapters. I'm not putting the visits in order because I know people will use that to figure it out if they know where houses are located on the campus.

Ruthless: Conversation was kind of awkward at first, but PNM felt fairly comfortable here once she met several sisters.
The Wild Party: Conversation was good here, but PNM did not like the physical house as much as the others.
Lucky Stiff: Conversation was good, but not top 5.
Violet: Conversation was good, but not top 5. PNM met a couple of girls who had similar high school involvement to her.
13: Conversation was good, but not top 5.
Parade: PNM felt very at ease here from the first moment. She could see herself in the girls who rushed her and met girls who had similar high school involvement. She really felt like she fit in here.
Steel Pier: Conversation was good, but not top 5. PNM met a couple of girls who had similar high school involvement to her.
Martin Guerre: Conversation was good, but not top 5.
Assassins: Conversation was good, but not top 5.
Seesaw: PNM thought these girls seemed very laid back and enjoyed feeling like she was having conversations, not being "rushed" in conversations at this house.
Nine: Conversation was good, but not top 5.
Carnival: PNM thought these girls seemed like a lot of fun and were very bubbly and excited in conversation. She felt that they were genuinely excited to meet her.
Song and Dance: Conversation was good, but not top 5.
Grand Hotel: PNM thought these girls fit with her involvement, etc., in high school, but she didn't feel as much of an initial connection as she felt with Parade.
Brigadoon: PNM thought these were very laid back, like Seesaw. She really thought their house was more of a "home" and the girls really treated each other like sisters.
Show Boat: Conversation was good, but not top 5.
Pippin: Conversation was good, but not top 5.

PNM's top 5 were, in order:
1. Parade
2. Brigadoon
3. Seesaw
4. Grand Hotel
5. Carnival

So, back to our PNM's dilemma: Round two contains a max of 12 houses, so she needed to be prepared to potentially not return to 5 houses even though she liked them all.

She decided that her "middle" chapters were, in no particular order:
Lucky Stiff
Violet
Steel Pier
Martin Guerre
Assassins
Show Boat
Pippin

And her 5 houses she would not return to if she got her top 12 invites would be:
Ruthless
The Wild Party
Nine
Song and Dance

At the end of round one, PNM said she was more likely to pledge than not if she ended up with one of her top 5 at the end of rush... but she liked them all and anything could happen over the next few days.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:31 AM

Thank you SO MUCH for your succinct descriptions.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:50 AM
GreekChat Member

For round two, PNM was invited back to:

Parade
Brigadoon
Seesaw
Lucky Stiff
Violet
Steel Pier
Ruthless
The Wild Party

She was kind of sad to see Grand Hotel and Carnival go, but she still had her top 3!
Old 08-19-2009, 08:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to minDyG
I love this thread.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgdramadawg View Post
For round two, PNM was invited back to:

Parade
Brigadoon
Seesaw
Lucky Stiff
Violet
Steel Pier
Ruthless
The Wild Party

She was kind of sad to see Grand Hotel and Carnival go, but she still had her top 3!
This should be a recruitment story rule. Put the return invites in order so we don't have to go back to figure it out. Thanks, Dawg!
Old 08-19-2009, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I like this story--short, sweet and to the point
Old 08-20-2009, 07:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Round Two:

Parade: Again, PNM felt instantly at ease here. She felt a genuine connection with each sister she spoke with.
Brigadoon: PNM found these girls to be bubbly and excited; they seemed happy to have her back! Again, she really felt like this was a place she could call home.
Seesaw: PNM again found this house to be very similar to Brigadoon, which she liked. She felt like she was less being rushed and more just having conversations at this house.
Lucky Stiff: PNM again felt that nothing really stuck out about this house for her. The girls were nice and pretty, but she didn't feel a connection.
Violet: PNM was able to talk to more girls who participated in similar high school activities, but didn't necessarily feel as at home as at some other houses.
Steel Pier: PNM was able to talk to more girls who participated in similar high school activities, but didn't necessarily feel as at home as at some other houses.
Ruthless: PNM did not experience the awkwardness here this round that she experienced during round two. She likes this chapter much more now!
The Wild Party: PNM again enjoyed some conversations here, but didn't feel like she had as much in common with the girls as with some other houses.

For round 3 PNM can visit up to 6 houses, and she found it fairly easy this time to break the chapters into a "top 6" and a group of 2 houses that she would be okay not returning to. Again, PNM liked all of the houses well enough to return, but her rankings were:

1. Parade
2. Brigadoon
3. Seesaw
4. Violet
5. Steel Pier
6. Ruthless
7. The Wild Party
8. Lucky Stiff
Old 08-20-2009, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, PNM got a bit of a shock when she got her round three invites:

Seesaw
Ruthless

She hadn't really been bothered by the cut from 17 to 8, but the cut from 8 to 2 really surprised her. She was sad to see Parade and Brigadoon were no longer on her list! However, Seesaw was her #3 after round one and again after round two, so she was really happy that she hadn't lost her entire top 3 at once.

Round three notes:

Seesaw: PNM really loves this house. She felt as though she was able to really feel at home here now that Parade and Brigadoon were no longer options. As in the previous rounds, she felt like she was having conversation, not being "rushed."
Ruthless: PNM likes this house more each round. She really had good conversations with each girl, but can't tell whether she likes these girls as friends or as sisters.

So, after round three she ranked the houses:
1. Seesaw
2. Ruthless
Old 08-20-2009, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, I remember cuts like that--I went from the total 18 first round to 6/12 2nd, 4/6 3rd and then just 3 for prefs Of course---I had a happy ending

Hope this has a happy ending!
Old 08-21-2009, 07:28 AM
GreekChat Member

When PNM got her invites for prefs, she was happy to see that the scary cuts had not continued... she was invited back to both houses that she saw during round three.

Seesaw
Ruthless

As she attended her pref rounds, PNM knew she would be deciding not just which group she liked best, but also whether she wanted to pledge at all (remember, going into recruitment she didn't know whether she wanted to join any of the houses).
Old 08-21-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgdramadawg View Post
Ruthless: PNM likes this house more each round. She really had good conversations with each girl, but can't tell whether she likes these girls as friends or as sisters.
This is such a good observation and so well put. PNMS, READ THIS.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

I love this story and I love your PNM's attitude!