GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Xi Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,599
0 members and 1,599 guests
No Members online

Old 01-30-2003, 07:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Little Sister/Initation Gift ideas

I am picking up another little this semester and need new ideas! I want my little to feel special so I don't want to use ideas that I used for my past littles. What are some of the more creative and special gifts that your chapters give for Big Sis Pickup or "I"nspiration Weeks?
Old 01-31-2003, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Little Sister/Initation Gift ideas

I still like what was done for Inspiration Week at my chapter when I was initiated and have carried it to the chapter I now advise for. Each day of Inspiration Week, we give something associated with our symbols. It doesn't have to be fancy or expensive, in fact creativity is the best part! So....one day give letters, colors, pink rose, bear, crest, etc. I include a personal note discussing what each means to me and relate it to my little.

One year I gave a charm bracelet and each day gave a different charm of our symbols. One sister made a shadow box and filled the box with small versions of our symbols.

Then on initiation day. besides something for the symbol of the Quill, give something special that is unique to your little (what does SHE like). I still treasure most of all the personal notes I received.
Old 04-10-2003, 03:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AxiDLaur
This semester for my little since New Members aren't allowed to wear greek letters, I went to WalMart and found a bag like we carry with our letters on it, and took puffy paint and wrote out the letters AZD instead of using the greek letters. I also found a really cute cardboard heart box and painted it yellow and put puffy paint on the outside w/ "Big Lauren", "Little Jamie" on it. They are just a couple crafty ideas that I had while brousing the isles of Wally World.

~Xi Love & Mine
Lauren
Old 04-10-2003, 08:28 AM
GreekChat Member

New Members CAN wear letters

Just to clarify...

"New members can and should be encouraged to wear Alpha Xi Delta letters (however, only initiated members may wear the crest)." That is taken directly from our NMOC Manual.

I know of several chapters that give lettered jerseys to their new members on bid day. And why not, it is a great way for all members to show their pride, a good way for chapters to "show off" their new members, and good PR - the more members you have wearing letters, the more advertising you have on campus.

As for Initiation, I am always a fan of giving a good quality Quill Box. If you can find one with a crest on it - it's even better. There is a Greek Store here in Atlanta that is owned by an Alpha Xi Delta and she always carries very pretty Quill boxes.

My favorite gift from my big sister was a Boyd's Bear figurine with two bears holding hands. She has very pretty handwriting and on the bottom of the figurine, she wrote both of our names, AXD, and my initiation date. I still have it displayed in my house.

Last edited by AlphaXiGirl; 04-10-2003 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: New Members CAN wear letters

Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaXiGirl
There is a Greek Store here in Atlanta that is owned by an Alpha Xi Delta and she always carries very pretty Quill boxes.
Where is the store located? I am coming to Atlanta this weekend and would love to check it out!