GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,635
0 members and 1,635 guests
No Members online

Old 07-25-2001, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Oops! Found out Rho Chi's sorority!

My Rho Chi sent us a letter already, she sounds really nice! She even listed her phone # and said to call her for any reason. Anyhow, while researching the sororities at my school on their websites, I stumbled across her name. Now I know what sorority she's in. Oops! I'm sure it's best not to let her know that I know, right?

------------------
***Tinkerbell***

~~~Don't worry, be happy!~~~
Old 07-25-2001, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Although you shouldn't let on about it, if you figured it out, someone else could, too. I would say something to her before too many girls figure it out and she is disqualified as a Recruitment Counselor.
Old 07-25-2001, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Tinkerbell, I agree with Barbara that you may want to let your Rho Chi know so she doesn't get in trouble. Otherwise, don't tell any of the girls in your Rho Chi group either becasue that's part of the whole experience. Remember to go through recruitment with an open mind and don't let the fact that you know your Rho Chi's GLO affect your final decision. Good Luck, keep us posted!

[This message has been edited by LeslieAGD (edited July 25, 2001).]
Old 07-25-2001, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, I would definitely suggest keeping that tid-bit of information to yourself. Or at least keeping it from the rest of the girls in your rho chi group. I also found out what my rho chi was about 1/2-way through rush. Her sorority had already cut me by that time, so it didn't really matter. Try to still keep an open mind. You don't want to go into rush with your mind already made up.

------------------
"Seek the noblest."
Zeta Love! <3
Old 07-25-2001, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Thanks, guys! I will probably not tell anyone. I don't see how she could get in trouble, because it was on the sorority's website. It was just a list of members, and I happened to see her name there. I will try not to let it influence me. I really want to find the sorority that's best for me. Thanks again

------------------
***Tinkerbell***

Old 07-25-2001, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Quote:
Originally posted by TinkerbellMTSU:
Thanks, guys! I will probably not tell anyone. I don't see how she could get in trouble, because it was on the sorority's website. It was just a list of members, and I happened to see her name there. I will try not to let it influence me. I really want to find the sorority that's best for me. Thanks again

Her sorority should have removed her name from their website - it is Panhellenic rules that Recruitment Counselors disaffiliate from their chapter before recruitment begins. That means that anything that can identify her as a member of a particular group must be removed: pictures, names, etc.

Barbara
Old 07-25-2001, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
Talking

I knew who my Rho Chi was! She was a Phi Sig, and I had known her for a while (HI KIRSTEN!! ) And my Big was another Rho Chi that I knew... I know I had fun guessing what sororities the others were in!

<3Ali

------------------
"...A dynamic sisterhood of powerful and passionate women maintaining uncompromising principles, igniting positive change, and embracing individuality!"

Phi Sigma Sigma - Gamma Gamma Chapter
---
1-9-4-6 Doohretsis!

Tau Beta Sigma - Delta Omicron Chapter
---
Go Golden Chickens! I mean EAGLES!

There are only a few good things that came out of Clarion- Chris Kirkpatrick of NSync, Kurt Angle (Pre WWF!) and any PHI SIGMA SIGMA!
Old 07-25-2001, 07:20 PM

If I were you I'd tell your rho chi that her affiliation is still on her chapter's website. That way she can contact whoever maintains it and ask to be removed... she could put it on the grounds of "I happened to check the website and found I'm still listed, please take me off" without mentioning you. If you found out, so could others, and even if you're not biased because of it, they might be.

When I was a rho chi, during campus preview weekend (the school invites all seniors whom they've accepted to come up for a few days, go to classes, meet current students, etc), someone thought it would be a great idea to publish some info about IFC and Panhel in the school paper. Included in this were the names of all the Panhel officers, *with their affiliations*. Well, certain Panhel officers have to deaffiliate for rush, and others happened to also be rho chis (myself included - I was my sorority's Panhel rep). The final verdict was that the damage was done and it was too late to go back and get new rho chis, so we weren't disqualified.
Old 07-25-2001, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

During rush last year I always got a big kick out of visiting chapter houses and seeing their giant composite covered with <--- kind of like that to keep the names and pictures of rho chis from their chapter secret. even when visiting the chapters websites all rho chis names and faces were covered by a huge

if i were you, i would definitly say something to your rho chi - she'll appreciate it and it will help other girls from possibly being influenced.

------------------
"Behold the turtle, for he only makes progress when he sticks his neck out"
- Former Delta Zeta President Betty Heusch Agler (Xi Chapter)
Old 07-25-2001, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to erniegurl00 Send a message via Yahoo to erniegurl00
Arrow

Something similar happened to me. My best friend and I went through rush together although we had different Rho Chi's. I was visiting the Panhel site for my school, and on the main page there is a slideshow of all the different sororities. My best friend's Rho Chi was on there! She had no clue which house she belonged to, and I somehow managed to keep it a secret from her. It turns out her Rho Chi was in my house so she would always come over and visit her with me.

------------------
If the angels up above
Could hear us sing our song to you
They'd see that in our hearts
We're Pi Phi's from the start
Old 07-26-2001, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Okay, I didn't realise that they were supposed to take them off the website. I hope if I tell her, though, that it doesn't make it awkward for me around her. I'm afraid that if I let on that I know to her, that I'll accidently blurt it out in front of the other rushees, or that it might hurt my chances of getting into any of the sororities because they know I know.
Sorry, guess I'm just **paranoid**. I really, really want this. I really want that "lifelong bond" of sisterhood, and I really enjoy helping out other people. *wipes away tears*. I don't mean to sound corny, I'm an emotional person LOL. N.E. way...

------------------
***Tinkerbell***