GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,078
2 members and 1,076 guests
PGD-GRAD, Xidelt

Old 04-18-2004, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to msn4med1975 Send a message via Yahoo to msn4med1975
Dang I can't get no tears ROFL. It's cool and I understand that as folks you "know" cross it is inspiring. If you need a little MORE inspiration, I actually attended my first rush slightly over 10 years before I was actually inducted this year. It was a long road, but staying busy with my actual life really made the time sorta roll on by. Not saying it didn't seem like it was NEVER gonna come but it definitely helped that getting here was't the sole focus.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

OK, hoping I don't get "it" for pulling up an old thread.

However, this is very interesting to me being that many have posted their recently attained membership.

Were you a sisterfriend in GC before becoming a member? If so, how long?
Old 06-12-2005, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fun4real
OK, hoping I don't get "it" for pulling up an old thread.
Why would you get "it" for pulling up an old thread? This is a good thread to pull. REading the old posts, I see a couple who have crossed over or know more who can say they used to be an interest but are now a member.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

CT4,

I wasn't serious about getting "it". But you know, I visit a travel forum that folks trip out when old threads get bump.

I didn't expect that here.

FUN
Old 06-12-2005, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fun4real
CT4,

I wasn't serious about getting "it". But you know, I visit a travel forum that folks trip out when old threads get bump.

I didn't expect that here.

FUN
In fact CT4 will "get you" if you start a new thread without checking to see if the topic had alread been started before. So you did the right thing.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 06-13-2005, 06:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ladygreek
In fact CT4 will "get you" if you start a new thread without checking to see if the topic had alread been started before. So you did the right thing.
Hey!! I've become lax these last few weeks or so. Lately if I see it, I just merge and keep it moving, lol.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MW84
This is only my 2nd time (i think) posting on this board but I read info posted on here everyday. I am a interest and I never knew such bonds were created between members and non-members. I'm not trying to brown nose or anything like that but this type of relationship make me respect the organization even more. Its always positive to have that type of guidance when as an interest you are trying to get know members, attending rushes and reading info about the organization.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Cali_Keisha
Oh my goodness I was the fifth person to post in this tread and I don't even remember (I'm blaming it on the pregnancy). I joined GC April of 2004 and became a DELTA on April 9, 2005, so I was a sisterfriend for a little over a year give or take a coulpe of days. Please Sisterfriends don't give up hope, I found out I was pregnant 2 days before rush and I was not even gonna go. I figured that it would be doing to much and I needed to start saving all the money I could. But I had my aunt who is a Delta tell me not to turn myself down let them if that is the case. Plus a few of my friends were going to drag me if they had to, because I have been talking about wanting to be a Delta for as long as they have known me. So to make a long story short I went and was picked out 400+ people that attended rush. It was hard because it was ALOT of work and I was ALWAYS tired, but I made it and it was well worth it. So take it from me, if you want it bad enough it will happen, maybe not when you want it to but it will one day. Stay strong Sisterfriends
Old 06-13-2005, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to treblk
Quote:
Originally posted by Cali_Keisha
Oh my goodness I was the fifth person to post in this tread and I don't even remember (I'm blaming it on the pregnancy). I joined GC April of 2004 and became a DELTA on April 9, 2005, so I was a sisterfriend for a little over a year give or take a coulpe of days. Please Sisterfriends don't give up hope, I found out I was pregnant 2 days before rush and I was not even gonna go. I figured that it would be doing to much and I needed to start saving all the money I could. But I had my aunt who is a Delta tell me not to turn myself down let them if that is the case. Plus a few of my friends were going to drag me if they had to, because I have been talking about wanting to be a Delta for as long as they have known me. So to make a long story short I went and was picked out 400+ people that attended rush. It was hard because it was ALOT of work and I was ALWAYS tired, but I made it and it was well worth it. So take it from me, if you want it bad enough it will happen, maybe not when you want it to but it will one day. Stay strong Sisterfriends
Ok, this gave me goosebumps.... I think it's that neo fever
Old 06-13-2005, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
I'll bite. My first post to GC was on May 22, 2002 right after I decided to actively pursue membership. In fact my first post was:

Quote:
Originally posted by Gina1201
Hello, everyone. My name is Gina. I am also a newly registered sisterfriend to GreekChat although I have been browsing for a while. I look forward to many interesting and fun discussions.
And now 3 years later, I am PROUD to be a member of DELTA SIGMA THETA SORORITY, INNNNNNNNNNNCORPORATED!!

I know I made a few errors along the way but the women who I can now call my SORORS were very helpful (love ya CT4, ladygreek, & treblk). I paid attention to all of the assistance that was given.

It's still setting in as I am now 43 days old that I am in fact a member. To my SFs who are still pursuing the dream, no matter the organization, I say keep ya head up!!

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN
Old 06-13-2005, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I love this thread.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nita504sujags
Hi I've just become a sisterfriend of GC and I'm sitting here reading this thread and it's really giving me so much hope. To the ones who are saying "keep your heads up", THANK U!! I really needed that. I really don't have anyone to talk with who wants to become a Delta as much as I do, so it would really be nice to hear from anyone who likes to chat with me. I'd really like to get to know some of you who either shares the same interest or anyone who can give me words of wisdom.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

I hear ya. It's really hard, almost scary, when something you've wanted sooooo bad for sooooo long rests in the hands of others who don't know you from a hole in the wall. There's only so much you can do, getting to know people without being pushy, pumping yourself up while being humble, etc. Especially when you don't stand out much as it is. It's really nice to see all these encouraging words in here. I know this post was made for y'all to reminisce, but I think we're getting even more out of it because it means so much to hear somebody wants us to keep going when the next interest is hoping we'll get out her way:-). I really love this board, even if I mostly read and not post, I get a lot from it. Not just info, but usually just a good laugh or a warm fuzzy when I need it. Thanks ladies, y'all sure know how to keep hope alive, lol.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 06-14-2005, 12:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MW84
I agree with the ladies above. The sense of encouragement is priceless. Its hard to explain how I as a interest feel when I see these words of encouragement. It jst reminds me that there is someone out there that has gone through or is going through what I am now.
Thank you ladies now and forever.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:10 AM
GreekChat Member

To the Sisterfriends:

Let me elaborate on this "help and support". . .

I have been fortunate to have been a member of GC for 5 years and a Delta for 8 years. I have come across many interests on GC who have become very special to me so it warms my heart when I see them become my Soror. There are quite a few on here who we connected on GC by nature of the various conversations we have had. To use my Soror MeezDiscreet as an example. While she was an interest, she was on GC talking to us and not just about Delta. WE talked about music, school, etc. To use Soror Gina as another example, she and I talked about breakups and America's Next Top Model. They posted on GC. I got to know them and see them beyond their interests. To use a non Delta example, soulfulremix posted on this side of GC and I liked what she said. Not knowing where her interest lied, I was totally shocked to see her become an AKA because she never was on here fawning over the AKAs. She came, she posted, she observed. However when she crossed, I was hella amped for her. Because I felt I knew her somewhat.

I said all of that to say, don't USE us on GC just to get to Delta. There are waaaaay more Deltas in real life than there are on GC. For your Delta questions, if you cannot ask the Deltas you know, please don't come on GC and bombard us with PMs. Please. YOU have to do your part. I cannot hand Delta to you. I will NOT hand Delta to you. You have to WORK and PRAY and have the GPA as well as the community service to achieve Delta.

Advice I give you is to stand out POSITIVELY to the Deltas in your area.

Now to the Sorors and other Greeks who used to be an interest or a sisterfriend on GC (since we all at one time or another have been an interest), but have now achieved membership, please share, if you feel so lead.