GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,560
0 members and 2,560 guests
No Members online

Old 10-06-2003, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by HotDamnImAPhiMu
GPhiB has pink too.

it's on.
Oh, you don't even want a piece of this, girl.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-07-2003, 09:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ztabchbum Send a message via Yahoo to ztabchbum
My class just had a 5 year reunion about a year ago but I didn't go. Matter of fact, I think only 20-30 people out of 350 went. BUT I have gone back since I left for school and I have proudly worn my letters around town (it's a REALLY small town. You're bound to run into someone you know at the stop sign) and not once did I find out that anyone I went to school with went greek. Oh! As for the wearing a symbol, I have a crown lavalier that I wear.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:15 AM

To answer the original question of the thread, at my 10 year reunion, I was not yet a DG and so, I had no DG badge to wear at it.

That being said, now that I *am* a DG, at my 20 year reunion, I don't think that I will wear my badge. I might wear an anchor necklace or something though. I don't think any women went Greek to be honest (except for my roommate who went Theta, and she doesn't get the magazine or anything anymore. In fact, she ASKED Theta to stop sending it to her......)
Old 10-10-2003, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
HS Reunion

For my 10 yr reunion, I wore my lavaliere. Didn't make it back for the 20th and our 25th hasn't happened *yet*.

BUT...since my grandbig sis was in my HS homeroom, and a couple other class mates joined other GLO's at the college I attended (they rushed me hard...but Phi Mu was *it* for me), I will most definitely wear my badge for the dinner and letters for the family day later this year.

AND I wore them all for my husband's college reunion (and the college he went to didn't have a greek system -California Lutheran Univ)
Old 10-10-2003, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Ya'll are cracking me up. AXiD too has a teddy bear, and we aren't exactly the only sorority out there represented by a rose (even a pink one). (But I bet we have more colors than anyone, with the dark blue, light blue and gold, PLUS the pink rose! So there!)

I do wish we had a neat symbol like the quatrefoil or something that clearly means AXD without saying it. They don't make Quill outline necklaces - you can get a regular badge on a necklace, but I think you'd follow the usual rules about where to wear it. They do make mini recognition Quills that don't have the letters on them ... if only they were made as charms, I'd be all over that like eels.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:35 AM
GreekChat Member

So Phi Mu has the quatrafoil and Pi Phi has the arrow pendant... what do the rest of y'all do?

Come to think of it, I think my former roommate the Tri Sig wore a sailboat sometimes... [/B][/QUOTE]

Alpha Gams have the rose drop (called "double rose lavaliere" in the catalog):

http://www.burrpatt.com/alphagammade...ndPendants.asp

About 12 years ago I was in Belfast, Maine, where there was a Balfour outlet store. That was about the time that AGD had changed jewelers from Balfour to Burr Patterson. The outlet store had a display case full of NPC lavalieres -- lyres, keys, arrow, lamps, etc. The clerk had no idea what groups they went with (and was impressed that I did).

I bought all 21 of the rose drops at $3 each (they were "BalKlad") -- more than I could afford at the time but I could not stand the thought of anyone other than an Alpha Gam wearing "that pretty rose pendant"!

AGDAlum
Old 10-14-2003, 09:55 AM
GreekChat Member

My 5 year reunion is coming up, so I haven't gone yet, but I would definitely want to wear something to show my affiliation at my reunion.

Kappa Delta has pendants such as these:

Diamond and Emerald Pendant

Nautilus Shell

Teddy Bear

I want the Diamond and Emerald one sooooo bad!

Edited because I couldn't figure out how to post pics, so I posted the links instead...

Last edited by ShaedyKD; 10-14-2003 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-15-2003, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaPhiBubbles
Alpha Phi also shares the Ivy leaf with AKA...and I'm always jealous cuz usually the AKA related ivy stuff has pink in it (one of their colors) and my fav. color is pink.

I think we could get away with just wearing an ivy leaf necklace, but most people I know have attatched an Ivy leaf to their lavalier (like I have!)

example from sorority specialties:

then theres the nicer ivy leaf that our jewelry company (masters of design) makes for both A Phi and AKA:

they also make a teddy bear charm:

and of course our crest:

just so many ways to sport Alpha Phi without wearing letters!!

There's a huge list of other groups that have symbol necklaces and pins, etc...I like ZTA's crown one:

it's so regal!
Old 12-16-2003, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

My 10 year reunion hasn't happened yet (2006) but I will definetely be wearing a lavalier or something with my letters on it.
Old 12-16-2003, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Sort of off-topic. I did a search for kite charms, and came up with this one:

http://www.timelesscharms.com/xcart/...83&cat=&page=1

There are also a lot of cute charms on the national website:
http://www.kappaalphatheta.org/kat_v...ts.cfm?catID=5

Last edited by sarahgrace; 12-16-2003 at 09:34 PM.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Canadian AOII
funny that i see this thread today (despite me still being an active collegiate) but i went to my high school reunion today (i only graduated 2 years ago but we had a young alum lunch) but i could name 3 sororities represented there and nobody was wearing letters/badges but i do have AOII engraved on a bracelet so I guess I was representing!
Old 12-18-2003, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Great for you!

Hell there were so few people that went to college from my class that they would have had no damn clue anyway!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 01-01-2004, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sairose Send a message via Yahoo to sairose
Re: Re: Re: Pin alternatives

Quote:
Originally posted by CutiePie2000
hee hee! I haven't been to DG convention (I hope to, in 2004) but I have been told by other Delta Gammas that at convention, some of the ladies have "Anchor everything" outfits... lol.
Hehe, well I went to our National Convention this summer, and let me tell you, the convention body was a sea of red. And sisters worse roses/music related everything. It was so awesome!
Old 01-03-2004, 01:53 AM
GreekChat Member

I have a silver fleur-de-lis necklace that I wear almost everyday, which I think is Kappa-y without wearing letters - but sometimes random people talk to me about New Orleans or Boy Scouting when they see it. I think I would definitely wear that to my high school reuinion, it'll be interesting to see if anyone else went Kappa!
Old 01-03-2004, 11:28 AM
cutiepatootie

My 20th HS reunion is next yr and i went to hs in a place where there proberly is not a high greek community % ....it seemed when i graduated only few went off to college unless it is a the local college.

Laura