GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,488
1 members and 2,487 guests
PrettyBoy

Old 09-12-2003, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Point taken
Maybe next time I'll just not procrastinate

LM

Be a Volunteer!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-15-2003, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Feeling a little anxious here!!!!

My resume should have arrived on Friday around noon. Tomorrow is the alum meeting. I expected to have at least heard that my resume did arrive safely. I'm such a worrier!

((deep breath))((deep breath)) The US mail works, right??

LM

Be a Volunteer!
Old 09-15-2003, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Breathe in, breathe out. Good.

I'm sure it got there just fine, and if they were expecting it they would have let you know if it hadn't arrived. You might send an email to your contact, or give them a call, if you're really worried about it.

I saw someone wearing a shirt that said Little Women on the front today. I looked on the back to see if there were Greek letters on the back, but no luck! Oh, well. . .
Old 09-15-2003, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Quote:
Originally posted by LouisaMay
((deep breath))((deep breath)) The US mail works, right??

LM
Yep, just a bit slow!
Old 09-16-2003, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Of course, I couldn't just be patient! Last night, I e-mailed my Little Women contact, and she wrote back right away. Yes, she did receive my resume, and copies have been made for the alumnae. I feel much better! She seemed pleased with my resume, so I'm glad of that. It was hard to put together a "volunteer work" resume without looking like I was saying "Hey! Look at all the stuff I've done!" Know what I mean? Anyway...I hope it is well received at the Alum meeting TODAY!

LM

Be a Volunteer!
Old 09-22-2003, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Do you have an update for us about Little Women?

Chris
Old 09-23-2003, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Not much to report, I'm afraid. I think a little misunderstanding on my part prevented the alumnae from seeing my resume at their meeting on the 16th I got an e-mail (several weeks ago) saying that my "contact" would like to have my resume for the alums to see on the 16th. I assumed that meant that my contact would be present at the meeting, and I didn't even take a look at her address. I just saved the message and went about updating my resume. Then my schedule got really hectic, and I put off sending the resume until the weekend before the alum meeting. I sent the resume overnight express. However, my contact lives in a different state than the Alumnae Club! She probably intended to mail my resume to the alums, so obviously, there wasn't enough time for that to happen. I didn't think of that until later. I just hope this won't cause a big delay. Alumnae groups meeting fairly often, right?

LM

Be a Volunteer!

Last edited by LouisaMay; 09-23-2003 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I think each group is different, but ours meets once a month. I've seen some that meet more and some that meet less. Good luck!!
Old 09-24-2003, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Alumnae groups meeting fairly often, right?
I think it really depends on the group -- we tend to have two events per month; I have no idea if that's considered often or not! If the Alum group has a webpage, they might have a calendar of events to give you an idea of when they are meeting.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I haven't been able to find a website for the alum club. There is an Alumnae Panhellenic group, but Little Women doesn't have a link there.

Homecoming is October 17-18!! I can't wait to meet the college sisters and some alumnae.

LM

Be a Volunteer!
Old 09-27-2003, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where old Sorority Girls go, pearls still included!!
Send a message via AIM to BadSquirrelBeta
OH THE HORROR I AM ADDICTED TO ANOTHER THREAD...LOL...I HATE THIS BEING IN LIMBO FOR YOU...

I hope that all works out for you and Little Women...

How exciting for you!! You have a great outlook and I think that you are an attribute to any group that you pledge...chalk up another good one for the NPC!
Old 10-13-2003, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile UPDATE!!!

I'm thrilled to report that things are moving along again. Next weekend is Homecoming at my alma mater, and this Saturday, I received an invitation to a Little Women Tea for the chapter's alums, as well as members of the local Alumnae Club that might sponsor me!!! Also, my Regional Officer contact will be meeting me before the tea so that I do not have to arrive feeling alone and very shy

The invitation was so nice; it had a great picture from the chapter's Spring Formal...all those happy faces. The letter enclosed (addressed to chapter alums) conveyed that the chapter is doing well, having taken in the largest pledge class in recent history. Hooray Little Women!!

Now the big problem...What do I wear??? Until I heard about the tea, I was planning to wear football game attire and my college alumna pin. Now I don't know! What would you wear to both a football game and a tea???

LM

Be a Volunteer!
Old 10-14-2003, 08:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: UPDATE!!!

Quote:
I'm thrilled to report that things are moving along again. Next weekend is Homecoming at my alma mater, and this Saturday, I received an invitation to a Little Women Tea for the chapter's alums, as well as members of the local Alumnae Club that might sponsor me!!! Also, my Regional Officer contact will be meeting me before the tea so that I do not have to arrive feeling alone and very shy

Alright!! I just LOVE hearing about other PNAM forward progress!!

Quote:

Now the big problem...What do I wear??? Until I heard about the tea, I was planning to wear football game attire and my college alumna pin. Now I don't know! What would you wear to both a football game and a tea???

LM

Are the two events being held at the same university? If not, then maybe you can change clothes between the two. If they are, and I've heard of occassions where the members all go together to the game, then you wouldn't be able to change. Plus let's not forget that it wold be silly to go to the game wearing something really nice.

I'm not sure how formal Little Women's tea might be. Can you go to a website and look for photos from last year? Hmm....maybe a nice pair of slacks with a cute sweater top?

.....Kelly
Old 10-14-2003, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Both events are at the same school. Unfortunately, there is not a chapter website, so I can't really anticipate the formality of this tea. I guess I'll just ask. The last time I went to Homecoming, I noticed that a lot of people seemed overdressed. Maybe that is because they were also going to special alumni events afterward.

LM

Be a Volunteer!
Old 10-14-2003, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Both events are at the same school. Unfortunately, there is not a chapter website, so I can't really anticipate the formality of this tea. I guess I'll just ask. The last time I went to Homecoming, I noticed that a lot of people seemed overdressed. Maybe that is because they were also going to special alumni events afterward.

LM
If that is the case I would go with whatever you saw the people wearing, because that is probably what was going on. It's better to be overdressed for the football game than underdressed for the tea.