GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,421
2 members and 1,419 guests
chironthearcher

Old 09-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks mom for a great story!!
Old 09-26-2012, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

You are welcome FSUZeta! I love happy endings!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

The yes, was not out of love for them, it was a yes of chance. Yes, I will give it my best to get to know all of you. Yes, I will be open minded and open hearted to see if we belong together. Yes, I would like to give you the chance that I didn’t give you during recruitment.

This is so moving. It speaks to me in this way: whether any of us admits it or not, we are all someone's "last choice". How many members came to us the way your daughter did? And how many did not (meaning, they chose not to take that chance)? Being in a contemplative, reflective mood this morning, I wonder. There are so many incredible opportunities for PNMs in each and every chapter, if they will just let the miracles happen. And, if they will commit their hearts, and will work for those miracles. Your daughter did the work, and she's reaping the benefits.

Please let us know how your daughter is doing, if you happen to think of it in the years to come. I'm also very touched by the loving sorority that reached out to her on Bid Day. It works both ways. Those are fine women indeed. All of them.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity

Last edited by AZTheta; 09-26-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Momof1, I'm pretty sure I know the campus and sorority, and I would suggest that you not reveal them.
Good for your daughter (and for you)!
Congrats!

Last edited by AnchorAlumna; 09-26-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

AzTheta, I agree 100 %, all the women in this sorority are wonderful and saw something in my daughter that she couldn't at the time. They knew where her home was! It was not just her giving the chance, it was all of them taking a chance on her as well and I am so thankful they did each time I see her smile when she talks about her sisters.

AnchorAlumna, Don't worry, my lips are sealed on those details And, thank you~
Old 09-26-2012, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

AzTheta, I forgot to add that I will give an update on my daughter as the years go by. I am an addicted lurker here and all though I don't post, I really enjoy reading all the great advice (and yes, I will admit some of the trainwrecks, ) and passing it on to her.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Momof1, I was moved to tears by your daughter's story -- and SO very happy that she found her home! Congratulations to both of you!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for sharing this story. I have a feeling this one will be bumped each year in the late summer...

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Was soooo touched reading this. Ah-dorable. I teared up at work reading it, I'm so glad they took a chance on her & she on them!
Old 09-29-2012, 09:30 AM
GreekChat Member

ZTA1550, TriDeltaSallie, IcyIvy~ Thank you!
Old 09-29-2012, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Ok...I have to say this made tears trickle down my cheeks. Definitely tugged at my heart strings. I'm so happy your daughter found her home and flourished with her new sisterhood
Old 10-01-2012, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

dymonz4me, Thank you
Old 08-16-2013, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Just wanted to give an update on my daughter since it is that wonderful time of year again! This year she is getting to see recruitment from a panhellenic view and she is loving it! Although she has been missing getting to have contact with her sisters she is amazed at the "behind the scenes" process and all the hard work that goes with it! But she knows the pay off is rewarding as soon each sorority will have new sisters as they find their way home! Best wishes to all the PNMs as they go through this exciting time!
Old 08-16-2013, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Yay mom. It is great when girls get to see the "Whole Enchilada" by being involved as recruitment counselors or Panhellenic.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Momof1 thanks for this great story! My daughter was in a similar place, her pref for one house she loved (and is a member of) and one she just couldn't see herself in... she went to both parties and was glad she did. I'm glad everything worked out for your daughter!