GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,173
1 members and 1,172 guests
3DGator

Old 02-24-2004, 02:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Pi Beta Phi at Washington and Lee University
Old 02-24-2004, 03:13 AM
GreekChat Member

My school didn't have Greek houses. The neighborhood thought 5 or more unrelated adult females constituted a brothel! However I was lucky to be a guest at the Theta house at The Ohio State University. It's a beautiful old house.http://www.osu.edu/students/theta
Old 02-24-2004, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Quote:
Originally posted by ThetaSis2GPhiB
My school didn't have Greek houses. The neighborhood thought 5 or more unrelated adult females constituted a brothel! However I was lucky to be a guest at the Theta house at The Ohio State University. It's a beautiful old house.http://www.osu.edu/students/theta
Quote:
Collegians have been explaining the lack of sorority houses on various campuses through this flawed factlet for many a year. Richard Roeper noted this legend in 1994, calling it "the most widespread piece of university folklore making the rounds" and estimating from entries on collegiate bulletin boards that it was being told on at least 100 campuses.

The belief that a "brothel law" bars live-in sororities from campuses is so deeply worked into the fabric of collegiate life that few now think to question it. In 1998 a group of eight students at Tulane University unsuccessfully searched city and state laws for the statute, finally concluding they'd been on a wild goose chase. "It was not found in either city or state codes," Adriana Belli, one of the student researchers, said. "We looked in every law book, every ordinance in New Orleans . . . dating back to the 1800s."

We routinely hear from students who are convinced their particular university lacks a sorority because of this non-existent law. Their vehemence aside, none have yet produce a copy of the statute they so firmly believe in, an act that would earn their city and institution of higher learning a measure of fame in the world of contemporary lore.

Men view the notion of large numbers of women living together as strangely erotic, mentally envisioning a veritable candy store of comely and available sex partners, each of them bedding down for the night virginally clutching her teddy bear close to her babydoll-clad, pulsating 38-24-36 nakedness (which they wouldn't if they'd ever been locked in a women's dorm overnight — nothing kills rampant sexual fantasy more quickly than a cold eyeful of reality.) Add to the mix the "college girl" element (young, nubile flesh) and throw in the "sorority girl" detail (presumed promiscuity), and it's easy to see why this tidbit about brothel zoning has been so stubbornly promulgated.
Link to the Site
Old 02-24-2004, 09:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Omicron Pi House at Ole Miss

http://www.olemiss.edu/cmap/building...epartment=aopi

The Phi Mu House at Ole Miss is pretty too and so is the Kappa House, actually all of the houses are very nice and very stately here at Ole Miss!

Remember these are not the newest pictures, because the Ole Miss website hasn't done the best job up keeping them updated!

Phi Mu House

Kappa Kappa Gamma House

Delta Gamma House

Last edited by OleMissGlitter; 07-20-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks, OleMissGlitter, for posting the link to the Kappa house at Ole Miss. For the 3 years I lived there, my rooms were on the left (sometimes on the front, sometimes on the side) as you look at the house.

I lived in Brown my freshman year, and my room overlooked the back of the Kappa and Zeta houses.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
nu sig's house

www.nusigmachi.com has pictures of our house on it- it was built in 1929 just for us- it has four floors- a ballroom- library- 26 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms.... and a big ass kitchen... they say our house mother- mother b- haunts the house- we hear her from time to time and we can hear the piano in the ballroom playing... but i know she is just looking out for us- i talk to her when i'm there by myself so i don't get scared! all of your houses are absolutely beautiful! i am so jealous- ours is pretty plain- the other sorority houses on campus are all near each other and are so gorgeous as well- but we have our own house- we own it- and they rent theirs- so i guess it all works out in the end also some other pictures are at www.nusigmachi.tripod.com

lol you like the garbage sitting out front? haha

Last edited by AlethiaSi; 05-09-2007 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HollisterDXiChi Send a message via Yahoo to HollisterDXiChi
Quote:
Originally posted by ThetaSis2GPhiB
lol, I know at Henderson State University the sororities weren't allowed to have houses either due to the same reason...something along those lines and like security reasons. We had like three or four frat houses...the Sigeps house was the best. I am saying was because I know the PhiLambs were building a new house so I don't know what it looks like.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Thumbs up

Some NICE cribs up in here!

Here are some Alpha Phi houses

Our Alpha Chapter at Syracuse

University of Missouri

University of Washington

University of Colorado
Old 02-26-2004, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Ha! I took that picture of the new CU house when I was there for a rush visit. It is absolutely gorgeous!

I am partial to my chapter house but the only picture I can find right now is over exposed.

UCLA Alpha Phi:

Last edited by bruinaphi; 07-19-2004 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to RACooper
Here's the Lambda Chi Alpha house up here in Toronto:

"Cave ab homine unius libri"
Old 02-26-2004, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

I just want to Cry!

What beautiful Houses!

Smaller Schools and Chapters dont have the $$$$ to do houses like this, but we try!

Oh, well, they look good to New Associate Members of things to come!

LX Z # 1
Alumni

Last edited by Tom Earp; 02-26-2004 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:23 PM

More Alpha Phi houses

South Dakota

Cal Berkeley

University of Illinois

Washburn
Old 02-26-2004, 06:32 PM
cutiepatootie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jill1228
[B]Some NICE cribs up in here!

Here are some Alpha Phi houses

University of Missouri

I love that house ...it reminds me of the KKG house At Univ of Arkansas...the huge colums and plantation looking.....
Old 02-26-2004, 06:56 PM

I LOVE Southern Colonials too!
So far I think the prettiest Greek Row is University of Washington.

More AF cribs

University of Michigan

University of Idaho

UOP
Old 02-26-2004, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Here are some of my favorite DG houses:

Purdue:

Mississippi State:

U. of OK:

Those are some of my favorites...I can't find the others right now...there is one house that houses over 120 sisters I think...just can't remember where.