GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,260
2 members and 2,258 guests
flirt5721, JayhawkAOII

Old 07-13-2007, 10:02 AM
GreekChat Member

STOP POSTING IF YOU'RE SO "TIRED AND WIRED"

Your posts read like you're one of the Chipmunks. Seriously. Maybe wait until you've regained conciousness after the post travel crash. You really shouldn't post when you're mentally incapaciated in any way if you don't want people to comment on it.

It's like Drunk Posting. Just say no. (And if you say yes, you will get mocked for it)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-13-2007, 10:03 AM
GreekChat Member

So, if you're an old poster, what was your old name?
Old 07-13-2007, 10:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by key*key View Post
Geez. I have been gone a whole year and everything was so different. You have said you had to get you head together after just going to St. Thomas for a week, I have been gone a whole year. I said in one of these that I am not new. With school and all I don't have alot of time for GC. But my computer crashed and I cannot remember my old password or any of the hints. I am soooo tired. This whole gc thing is throwing me, this format is so different than when I left. When did it get so different? This isn't anything like I remember. I couldn't remember my password or hints, so I had to start all over again. And, what's the deal with all of the signature stuff? I am like clueless about what has gone on cause I've been gone a whole year. And I am really kinda freaked out about going back to a whole house of girls I do not know and have no clue who they are, that is going to be so weird. I can't sleep. I have not gotten back into American time yet, by body clock is like totally wierded out. And I have been up for nights just reading these things to help me get back into the whole sorority deal and it is helping. You cried out because no one was reading you thread and said that is why you weren't posting. They jump all over anybody else who says that but not you so that was really weird to me and then you didn't post in so long and then all of a sudden, WHOA! I guess since I don't have any idea who you are or anything about it, this was just to odd. But I know NOTHING at all about NHPC.

Thanks for the wishes, I am so tired I will probably get hit by a car and it IS FRIDAY the THRITEENTH! Geez. Give a tired girl a break! You have even said this is a really different kinda thread and it is. Geez.
I SWEAR if it is Dionysus she is getting a serious beatdown! Cause none of this makes any sense! not even for a sockpuppet.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Geez. I have been gone a whole year and everything was so different. You have said you had to get you head together after just going to St. Thomas for a week, I have been gone a whole year. I said in one of these that I am not new. With school and all I don't have alot of time for GC. But my computer crashed and I cannot remember my old password or any of the hints. I am soooo tired. This whole gc thing is throwing me, this format is so different than when I left. When did it get so different? This isn't anything like I remember. I couldn't remember my password or hints, so I had to start all over again. And, what's the deal with all of the signature stuff? I am like clueless about what has gone on cause I've been gone a whole year. And I am really kinda freaked out about going back to a whole house of girls I do not know and have no clue who they are, that is going to be so weird. I can't sleep. I have not gotten back into American time yet, by body clock is like totally wierded out. And I have been up for nights just reading these things to help me get back into the whole sorority deal and it is helping. You cried out because no one was reading you thread and said that is why you weren't posting. They jump all over anybody else who says that but not you so that was really weird to me and then you didn't post in so long and then all of a sudden, WHOA! I guess since I don't have any idea who you are or anything about it, this was just to odd. But I know NOTHING at all about NHPC.

Thanks for the wishes, I am so tired I will probably get hit by a car and it IS FRIDAY the THRITEENTH! Geez. Give a tired girl a break! You have even said this is a really different kinda thread and it is. Geez.
BITCH, TAKE A NAP!
Old 07-13-2007, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Geez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
bwhahaha, i stopped posting cause i didnt think anyone was reading. not a cliffhanger at all!
And I WONDER WHY that sane sororiity cut her twice! Geez, I'm outa here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 10:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
And I WONDER WHY that sane sororiity cut her twice! Geez, I'm outa here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Used it yesterday, needs to be used again today.

Here's your ball, you can take it and go home if you like.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
BITCH, TAKE A NAP!
ROTLMAO!

For a moment I was wondering if perhaps she was posting in the wrong thread, then I remembered that other thread was locked so she really did mean to post here. If she thinks this is "over the top..."

Tld, this story is great, keep it coming!
Old 07-13-2007, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm glad you started telling your story again.

I'm still kind of mad at the group who rushed you hard twice and then didn't give you a bid. (What kind of group does that? It's just not right, especially if it's not a formal rush with quota and stuff.) It all worked out well, so I guess it's kind of good it worked out that way. But groups shouldn't treat people that way. Lame.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
BITCH, TAKE A NAP!
Says a real man of genius!! Perfect.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
STOP POSTING IF YOU'RE SO "TIRED AND WIRED"

Your posts read like you're one of the Chipmunks. Seriously. Maybe wait until you've regained conciousness after the post travel crash. You really shouldn't post when you're mentally incapaciated in any way if you don't want people to comment on it.

It's like Drunk Posting. Just say no. (And if you say yes, you will get mocked for it)
Thank G*D I'm not the only one thinking that. For a while I thought it was someone trying to see how fast they could get to 100 posts.

As for this thread- I think it's great. I never really understood NPHC intake until GC. Please, continue...
Old 07-13-2007, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post
Thank G*D I'm not the only one thinking that. For a while I thought it was someone trying to see how fast they could get to 100 posts.

That's what the "Highest Post Count" Thread is for.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post

As for this thread- I think it's great. I never really understood NPHC intake until GC. Please, continue...
She bumped a whole page's worth of Recruitment Stories threads and then bailed. For someone who supposedly has been on GC before she should know better. (Assuming I believe her of course)

Yeah tld221 needs to get moving on the posting
Old 07-13-2007, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

OK my bad! i'm on it!

Fall 2004 (Continued)
So this event I go to - clearly I'm looking forward to it. I get there kind of late (RA duties and class... can't skip those) but the event is in full effect. Crazy, but ALL D9 was there, even if it was just one member.

Each organization had a table set up, like a science fair. All sorts of paraphernalia, cool stuff, sign-up sheets and information on display, and an added bonus - each organization had a sign of which chapter they were and what area or school(s) they covered. GREAT!

A member from each organization goes to the podium to talk a little about their GLO - who they are, what they do, etc. I can imagine about 90% of the people in attendance were interested members, as they appeared to be on their "best behavior," many dressed either as if they were going to an interview or a formal dinner. I was business casual in a white sweater, brown pants, and boots. nice, as it was late fall. People are taking notes like it was a lecture - weird but whatever floats your boat.

The event was right before the 2004 elections and the theme was on voter registration, so there was voter registration going on, and various members were talking about how their organization contributes to voting registration and their involvement in politics overall. Many of the organizations said the same things over and over and honestly i was kind of bored.

Later in the evening, refreshments are served, and i go to grab a drink. Problem: there are a vast array of plastic cups in different colors, all coinciding with the organization colors. So me being Ms. Paranoia, takes about 10 minutes - no joke - deciding what cup to take. I'm SURE it wasnt that big a deal, but hey, i don't know the "rules" so i have to choose carefully.

I decide on a white cup - that's neutral right? The only drinks they have are red punch and Coke. hmm. i go for the Coke, which i don't particularly care for and make my way around to mingle. It's kind of cold in the venue, so i put my jacket on... which are the colors of Morning. Now i know that this will cause some sort of drama, but dammit im cold!

Anyway, I make my way around to each table - introduce myself, smile, all that jazz. I get a tap on my shoulder - some guy i don't know introduces himself - he's a member of... i dunno, i'll call his org Late Morning. So we're talking and he says "So who's your favorite organization so far?"

Umm... am i supposed to answer this? "Well, i'm just here to meet people." Safe right?

Late Morning guy says, "Oh come on you can tell me, i'm a guy, i have no business in sorority matters. Who do you like here?"

As gullible as a fish, i take the bait - "I really think Night is cool. One of the girls goes to my school i think."

This piques Late Morning's interest. He says, "Have you checked their table out?"

Me: "Nah, maybe later."
LM: "Come on, i'm cool with some of them, i'll come over with you."
Me:

I know this can't be good. I am dragged over to Night's table and forcefully introduced. One of the girls IS from my school, and baerly says hello. I get one half-hearted hello and that's about it. So LM guy and I are just standing there in awkward silence and he says, "Well, aren't you gonna talk to them, this is your chance!" Loud enough for everyone to hear. Great.

THEN he says, "Ok you're a little shy, i get it. Hold on." He says, "Hey ladies, i was just thinking about how nice tld221's jacket is... oh, north face, nice!"

ALL of the Night ladies look at me, and then him, and one of them says, "yeah, she looks good in those colors." and then they go back to their conversation.

Hmm ok. can i get a in [size=7]?

One of LM's frat brothers calls him and he's like oh, i'll be right back. Of course he doesnt come back, and im standing there all alone. Now you would think, "Well, it was just one bad incident..." but no, this was one bad incidents of quite a few bad incidents with Night, including a full out argument earlier in the year with a member over a misunderstanding and being stood up by a member who agreed to meet with me for lunch. Why was i busting my hump to stay warm at Night when they were being so cold?

I'm pretty defeated at this point. My undesirable Coke is flat and warm, and now im burning up in this dayum jacket and sweater. I sit down and regroup then get back in the game.

I go over to Morning's table and because of lack of tables, they are sharing with Late Morning. Because i had spent so much time trying to know Night, I didn't know much else about anything else. Morning's table is sparse, and while they were nice, they seemed kind of boring to me. Ok, boring isn't really the word, but they weren't enticing you know? I wasn't excited by them at all. They also "comment" on my jacket and at this point i'm laughing it off.

I check out Afternoon last. There are a LOT of Afternoon's here, and they were a little warmer than Night, but again, wasn't really excited. I was mixed as to whether i could actually see myself as an Afternoon. I couldn't imagine it at all. They had a LOT of paraphernalia in their area, including a huge framed print of their crest on the wall. Very nice.

In any case, I make my way back to Night's table because i'm so determined. A different Night member is attending the table and is very curt with me in conversation - no bueno. Maybe i came off as insincere, because she would scoff at almost everything I said and would answer my questions with questions. The final straw was when one of her sorors called her over for a picture and she practically knocked me over getting over there - no excuse me, nothing. Was it intentional? I want to believe not. But then in that moment - oh man!

I'm totally defeated by night's end - and that is exactly what it was - the end of Night for me. I see a guy from my school (who knew all these people from NYU were looking for NPHC like me?) and we chat for a minute. He mentions that one of his cousins is a Sigma Gamma Rho and he just wanted to be a Kappa (LOL so much for discretion - but he actually becomes my sands!).

Me: Who's Sigma Gamma Rho? :me looking around:
Guy: the sorority by the door. They're the blue and yellow one. They presented in the beginning.
Me: Oh, i thought they were all Zeta Phi Beta too. I wasnt here earlier.
Guy: Nah, they just both have blue. There's only one of them here though. You need to do your research LOL
Me: Shoot i thought i did! Ok let me holla at you later.

So I'm ready to leave but since theyre by the door, i figure, let me put my game face on and just say hi.

The table, a little sparse, but nicely decorated nonetheless. The member - professionally dressed in a blue suit. We talk for a minute, and asks me how i liked the event. We talk some more and I tell her I missed her part of the presentation, so we talk some more and I was like "wow, she actually put a spin on the theme and made it interesting!" I felt like i got more out of that one conversation than that whole evening.

We exchange information but i'm skeptical because ALL the orgs give out their information - and you end up with an outdated website, an email address that bounces back, nothing that's really helpful. She gave me her card, email address and the chapter website.

I head out and as i walk to the elevator, she comes out of the restroom and says "Bye, tld221, hope to see you soon!"

Wait? She remembered my name? This must mean something...

I was excited to get home - i'd hit another fork in the road and i felt like i was taking the correct turn.

Spring 2005

Me andIlana (the member i met last semester) have been in touch all semester. She always sends me emails just to say hi, and invites me to events. Not just greek events, but parties, poetry slams, museum openings, movies... I've seen more of this city than i have my whole life living here.

We're getting along great, and i feel no pressure. I meet some other interested ladies. They go to school all over and we try to keep in touch as much as possible.

The end of the school year is here and still no signs of being greek. I feel like i can taste it but then again i can't. What's going on?! I want to be an SGRho so bad and it's not happening! I meet more members as time goes on, and in particular, one member's face is AWFULLY familiar. I can't remember where, and i'm too scared to ask.

Summer comes and goes, and one particular afternoon i receive a phone call... who's on the line? :shrugs shoulders:

Fall 2005

I'm doing my makeup in a cab that's speeding across the Brooklyn Bridge. I'm wearing a black dress, black pumps and pearls. My hair is fresh and i feel great! I walk into a dim room of women dressed in blue suits. Finally, I'm here!

I am embraced by many familar faces - and some new ones. It felt like a family reunion. The familiar face is there. I say, "I KNOW we've met before, or i've seen you somewhere..."

She says, "I'm Ava - we met at a barbeque 2 years ago. You hung out with me and a couple of sorors because you looked like you were upset. I guess we made some impression huh?"

I don't remember that at ALL but she sure did. And that meant more than anything... except my new letters of course!

So with that, on Nov. 26, 2005 i became a member of Early Morning, or as my sorors would understand, the Aurora - Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc!!!!!!!!

I'm the chick on the right
Old 07-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations SoRHOr!!

Last edited by NinjaPoodle; 07-13-2007 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I love your story! That's also a great photo!