GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,462
3 members and 2,459 guests
Cookiez17, John, Tridentia
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Momoftiger,
Just checking in to see how you are holding up. These last few days before taking them to school can be so emotional! I cried way more in the few days before I dropped my daughter off freshman year than I did afterwards. Somehow the anticipation was so much more anxiety provoking than the reality. She was so happy right away at Mizzou it was much easier to deal with her being far away.

This year moving her into the house was a whole new bundle of feelings. She is in my legacy house, although I attended a different SEC school. It still brings back so many memories of my own sorority days. Hearing about all the prep they are doing for recruitment is very exciting. They work so hard to make it a good experience for the PNM's.

Wishing you some special moments with your daughter as you get ready for this big life transition. Also hoping recruitment will be a great experience for her (and you!). Please keep us posted on how everything is going for her.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-14-2015, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

You are so kind! I have been trying to stay busy with getting her packed and prepared to go to keep those tears away, but they come when least expected. The reality that we will be leaving to take her to Mizzou on Saturday is hitting big time.

I know recruitment will be an amazing experience. It really seems that every house at Mizzou has something great to offer. I will definitely keep you posted on how things go.

Thank you for checking in.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Getting great pictures and stories from work week. Going to MIZ tomorrow for mock recruitment to practice and help out. So exciting and fun!
Old 08-14-2015, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh that's so fun! My daughter is getting excited! We leave tomorrow for her move in on Sunday!
Old 08-15-2015, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Momoftiger prepare your daughter for some fun! The skit I saw today left me in tears from laughing. Hope she has such a good time and keeps her mind open to all the wonderful houses Miz has to offer. They have been working so hard to welcome all the PNM's.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh and btw, move in at the dorm is supposed to start at 10 (I think) but you can go earlier or later and you won't have the chaos. Wish I had known that 3 years ago...
Old 08-15-2015, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Hope all the moms of actives had a great time at mom rush today!! Moms of PNMs, there is so much excitement and anticipation from the actives right now. They cannot wait to meet your daughters!!
Old 08-15-2015, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Mumom what fun that you got to be there today. I was wishing so much that I could be a part of it, but we live out of state and I just couldn't make the drive again this weekend. It sounds like you had a great experience.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck with move in today!! I remember so well
Old 08-16-2015, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to all the PNMs and houses at Mizzou this week! Last night I went to Mock Rush for my daughter's house (and my old house) and it was so much fun! The girls did a wonderful job and they are all SO excited to meet the PNMs. What a wonderful (and emotional, and sometimes rough) week this will be. Thinking about all you Moms of PNMs--it's only been a year and the memories of waiting, wondering, and listening to the fears and ups and downs are still so vivid. Hang in there! We'll be there for you and look forward to reading your stories!
Old 08-16-2015, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

We got my da all moved in. She has her tee shirts, her pi chi group, and went to orientation tonight. She sure enjoyed driving around and seeing some of the houses last night. We saw lots of people outside of houses...must have been the mock parties. Sounds so fun. She is very excited and nervous.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Just got a photo of my dd at her house ready to welcome all the new darlings! Now's the time to take a deep breath. It can be very overwhelming when those air horns blow, doors swing open and the chanting begins! Hope your girls enjoy the week as crazy as it is and enjoy the experience. Thinking of you mom's!!!
Old 08-17-2015, 09:28 AM
GreekChat Member

I got a photo too - they are excited.

I remember mine - seeing her very first door chant - thought it was kind of the oddest thing. Now she is in the door stack. Ironic.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

I think the first party starts at 9 am! Almost time
Old 08-17-2015, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

I think again the most important thing for girls going through, is to keep an open mind and think for themselves where they feel a fit. I know there is chatter among the girls about tiers and some are devastated when they get cut from that heralded chapter or chapters. But all the chapters at Mizzou are fantastic. And to remember it's OK if you like ABC, and your roommate or Pi Chi friends like DEF or GHI. I know my daughter has friends (close ones) in different chapters.

Can't wait to hear how they thought today went!
Closed Thread