GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,468
1 members and 2,467 guests
No Members online

Old 07-16-2007, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Question RFM

Maybe this has been addressed before in a past thread, but I was wondering if anyone could explain exactly how RFM works? My campus just started using this system last year and the whole of Panhellenic had a lot of things go wrong during that recruitment having to do with matching, etc. I would like to better understand RFM so that maybe we can be better prepared this year and avoid any of the problems we had last year! Thanks so much!

"When in doubt, do the Carlton"

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-16-2007, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

In the recruitment stories sub-forum, there's a thread at the very top of the page that explains it in great detail.

ETA: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=22514

Honestly, that thread will tell you everything you need to know. When you get toward the end, they even walk through example (fictional) campuses.

If you read it, and then you have specific questions, I think some expert GCers will be happy to answer them.

Last edited by UGAalum94; 07-16-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:28 PM

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=14033&highlight=release+figures

This one has an example in it too I think. If you do a search with the words "release figures" a few threads should come up.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 07-16-2007 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

So does RFM only calculate how many invites you get to hand out each day then? How do they do bid matching after Prefs in that case?

"When in doubt, do the Carlton"

Old 07-16-2007, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Just like in old fashioned rush, quota will be set based on the number of girls still in the process toward the end. I think most campuses using RFM base quota on the number of girls signing bid cards divided by the number of chapters.

And, the way I understand it, the bids are just matched as they usually are, with the exception that chapters who have followed the release formula are eligible for quota additions.

When regular bid matching is finished, they go back through any unmatched girls and if the PNMs listed all the chapters that they preffed on their bid cards, then they can be placed at one of their chapters even if that group already has quota.

They have some method of determining which group the girls gets, but I don't know what it is.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaGamUGAAlum View Post
When regular bid matching is finished, they go back through any unmatched girls and if the PNMs listed all the chapters that they preffed on their bid cards, then they can be placed at one of their chapters even if that group already has quota.

They have some method of determining which group the girls gets, but I don't know what it is.

[In reference to quota additions] Some campuses try to give the PNM her first choice, others give the PNM to the smallest of the three chapters listed.

Last edited by violetpretty; 07-17-2007 at 09:07 AM. Reason: clarifications about quota additions
Old 07-17-2007, 02:34 AM
GreekChat Member

The page in the recruitment forum does not accurately reflect how the RFM works. It is how quota was set before the new recruitment resolutions were passed in 2002. Ivygirl, I will PM you about what happened on your campus.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinaphi View Post
The page in the recruitment forum does not accurately reflect how the RFM works. It is how quota was set before the new recruitment resolutions were passed in 2002. Ivygirl, I will PM you about what happened on your campus.
I'd be interested in learning too about how they work now generally if you don't mind telling me.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Quote:
Originally Posted by violetpretty View Post
Some campuses try to give the PNM her first choice, others give the PNM to the smallest of the three chapters listed.
A PNM should always be matched based on her preferences, in order, as the groups are listed on her Membership Recruitment Acceptance Binding Agreement card. Where is there a campus that does otherwise?

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivygirl8985 View Post
So does RFM only calculate how many invites you get to hand out each day then? How do they do bid matching after Prefs in that case?
RFM calculates how many you must release each day, how many actually get invited back is at the discretion of the chapter. I know of at least one chapter at FSU that released MORE than they had to one year, for each round. In the end, they didn't make quote for the first time, ever.

Bid matching works the same to the best of my knowledge. Chapters submit one to three lists, organized by their preference. They are matched with the PNMs preferences.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTrax View Post
A PNM should always be matched based on her preferences, in order, as the groups are listed on her Membership Recruitment Acceptance Binding Agreement card. Where is there a campus that does otherwise?
I was referencing quota additions.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'd be interested in learning too about how they work now generally if you don't mind telling me.
I am working on a post to replace the one that is currently in the recruitment forum. The current Greenbook also explains it.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinaphi View Post
I am working on a post to replace the one that is currently in the recruitment forum. The current Greenbook also explains it.
Can any ol' random alumna get a copy of the Greenbook?
Old 07-17-2007, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Can any ol' random alumna get a copy of the Greenbook?
It's on NPC's website, you can order it from there.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTrax View Post
Is this true for quota additions as well. That was the original context of what you were replying to, and it seems a reasonable way to match for QAs too, but I thought sometimes they were matched to the smallest group on the bid card, so that QAs weren't just a way for the big to get bigger.

(I can see why matching to the first choice for QA works though because if the other smaller groups she preffed really wanted her, they would have put her higher on their bid list. So why not give her her first choice?)