GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,457
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, ER_Pike
» Online Users: 2,795
2 members and 2,793 guests
asydneytianov33, fmanning

Old 05-07-2009, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

My favorite t-shirts are what we call our "Kanye" shirts. They're black v-necks we got for a pre-recruitment event, and they have GPHIB written on them, and they change colors as GPHIB repeats down the shirt. We call them our Kanye shirts because the neon letters have little slits in them like the Kanye glasses.
They look like this:

Another favorite t-shirt of mine is from probably 1999, and it was handed down to me by someone in my family. On the front it has the south park characters, and on the back it says "who gave kenny a bid?"

My least favorite t-shirt is this shirt from a social event, and it has a grammatical error. No one in our chapter wore it after the event because of that.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

We had great Moonball t-shirts that were navy blue, and the lettering was glow-in-the dark. Unfortunately I got bleach all over mine. I don't remember exactly what they said, but the glow-in-the-dark really worked well!

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Bump! I'm sure there are some great recruitment and bid day shirts coming out this time of year...
Old 08-20-2009, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

I can't wait to wear our recruitment or bid day shirts this year!

My favorite shirt is the one from my Bid Day. It's a navy thermal--which was bomb for January recruitment. On the front is has the Greek letters in pink, and then on the back it has some silver stars and in pink script says "Star Light... Star Bright... I got the wish I wished last night." Then in silver script it says "Bid Day 2007."

I can't think of any horrendous shirts we actually received, but we've had a few instances where shirts were ordered and never designed.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ChinaBuffet
The best shirt was a homecomming shirt. It had
ΠΒΦ*ΣΦΕ
Homecoming 200#
on the front and the back was a picture of an angel squeezing a football players bum
and it says "With tight ends like these, we're bound to score!"

My least favorite was a nightmare! It was the second shirt got after pledging. We were paired for "watermellon bust" (a annual relay game played with... you guessed it... watermellons) and way the frat we were paired with decided they wanted to design them on their own. So we all ordered them blindly.
On the front it has the red M&M replaced with the letters XYZ and the green with ΠΒΦ. and watermellon bust 200# over them.
On the back it says "we bust in your mouth, not in your hand" I just joined the sorority, what an impression!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I have two favorites: One is from one of our Woodsers and the back is basically like a Blue Moon label (http://www.beer-pages.com/images/blue-moon.jpg) but it says Alpha Chi Omega where the Blue Moon is, Woodser at the top and January 2010 at the bottom.
The other one is from a sage green shirt from a formal and the back has a black and white photo of an antebellum type photo of women in hoop shirts and men in civil war uniforms in front of this huge plantation-type home.(I could be totally off on the period of the photo lol but picture KA old south attire in front of a plantation home) It says Alpha Chi Omega above the picture and Carnation Ball 2009 below it.

I don't dislike any of ours; our t-shirt chair is amazing and makes really adorable shirts.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaPhi88 View Post
My favorite t-shirts are what we call our "Kanye" shirts. They're black v-necks we got for a pre-recruitment event, and they have GPHIB written on them, and they change colors as GPHIB repeats down the shirt. We call them our Kanye shirts because the neon letters have little slits in them like the Kanye glasses.
They look like this:
Hey! I know this thread is over a year old, but I saw the photo of your "kanye" Gamma phi t-shirt and I was wondering what company you went through to get it. I REALLY like it! I was trying to remake something similar one of those custom websites, but I can't find the right font for the life of me! Did you use custom ink or another company?