GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,432
1 members and 1,431 guests
Sen's Revenge

Old 01-03-2001, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Age During Rush

I'm planning to rush next fall, but I have just turned seventeen over the summer. I skipped 2nd and 6th grade, so almost all of my friends are 2-3 years older than I am. Do you think it will matter at all to sororities during rush?

Thanks,

Claire
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-03-2001, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

do you look and act as old as most people in your grade? if so, i think you'll be fine. i don't think rush forms usually ask your age. birthdate, maybe, but i doubt anyone would pay close enough attention to your forms to figure out that you just turned 17. and even if they do know, i don't see how it would matter, as long as you behave like a normal college freshman (which i'm sure you will). i don't think there are rules against pledging 17-yr. olds.

in fact, i bet the sororities will have no clue, unless you choose to bring your age up. i'd say probably don't mention it--if they aren't worried, don't give them something to worry about.
Old 01-03-2001, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

our fall 2000 pledge class contained 2 girls who were 17 when offered a bid, though they both turned 18 during the late part of november, and one of the older sisters just celebrated her 18 birthday, during her sophmore year.
Old 01-03-2001, 01:20 PM

Smile

One of my pledge sisters was 17, and she is one of the sweetest girls. So go for it, your age isn't important... but who you are is
Old 01-03-2001, 03:03 PM
Unregistered-

Talking

I agree with what the previous posts said. If you were intelligent enough to be admitted to college at 17, age shouldn't matter. We've pledged 17 year olds before, and that has never been a problem.

The selection process involves looking at several things for rushees--personality, activities, academics, etc...but I highly doubt that age is one of them.

Good luck and let us know what happens!

------------------
*I'm an Alpha Gam...Yes I am, Yes I am!*
Old 01-03-2001, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I don't see that being a problem at all. I really don't think anybosy would know that you were 17 unless you told them. I was young too for my grade. I pledged my first semester and I had just turned 18...One of my pledge sisters was 17, and there was no problems with that. I wish you the best of luck with everything!

Kirsten
Old 01-04-2001, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator

I rushed at 16 and no one even noticed; they were more interested in activities, grades, and personality.