GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,564
2 members and 1,562 guests
Xidelt

Old 11-17-2011, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

I haven't been keeping up. I don't even know what's starting tomorrow. I think it would be so much fun doing what Roger Ebert does/did. Reviewing movies, writing about them, and getting paid for it would be like one of the best careers ever.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-17-2011, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Last night I watched the movie Like Crazy which is in theaters now. It won the Grand Jury prize at this year's Sundance Film Festival, and the lead actress in the film, Felicity Jones, won a Special Jury prize at the festival for best actress. I had been really looking forward to seeing it, and I must say that it certainly exceeded my expectations. The premise of the film is a British college student who is studying abroad in California develops a relationship with an American student, and the film follows the story of first love along with its ups and downs.

The story is one that will resonate with both women and men, and definitely brings you back to the first time you fell in love as if it were yesterday.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

There was like literally nothing, I mean nothing, zilch, zero, nada good playing this weekend. It's been like a two week drought, so far. Seriously, what's going on? This isn't good.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
There was like literally nothing, I mean nothing, zilch, zero, nada good playing this weekend. It's been like a two week drought, so far. Seriously, what's going on? This isn't good.
I know! My mom and I wanted to see a movie yesterday but there was nothing playing that sounded good. What is up with that?
Old 11-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Banned

I saw a Very Harold & Kumar Christmas. It was alright. Some parts were funny.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psusue View Post
I know! My mom and I wanted to see a movie yesterday but there was nothing playing that sounded good. What is up with that?
Oh I know, tell me about it. It's been like 2 or 3 weeks straight. I'm used to 3 or 4 really good movies being out at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
I saw a Very Harold & Kumar Christmas. It was alright. Some parts were funny.
Some parts of that movie looked funny, but it looked more like something I would rather wait for on DVD.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

My mom and I just got back from seeing "The Darkest Hour". It was okay, I guess. I gave it 3 stars. I thought the ending could have been better.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Saw Sherlock Holmes a few days ago, what a total snore fest. Fell asleep even through the action scenes.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe.ron View Post
Saw Sherlock Holmes a few days ago, what a total snore fest. Fell asleep even through the action scenes.
I found it enjoyable, but no question I shut my brain down for two hours because I knew what I was getting into.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:38 AM
GreekChat Member

I saw Black Gold last night. I think it just opened in the US, and possibly not wide. It's a very good movie about the Arab world in the 30's and the discovery of oil there.

One problem I had was one of the main characters looks JUST like Chris Kattan, and I was having trouble taking him seriously. I kept picturing him doing his Night At The Roxbury head bob when he's talking about something really serious.

The terrain looks very similar to where I live, once you're out in the desert, maybe 1/2 hour drive. The rocky mountainous terrain is very similar looking to when we drive to Oman to the East, so we had to rush home to figure out where this movie is likely to have taken place. I think it's one of those fictional movies that draws from a variety of real life situations. It very easily could have been the story of Sheikh Zayed, the founder of the UAE, a great and forward thinking leader. But more likely it's about the founding of Qatar.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Last night my mom and I went to see "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". It was so bad, that we walked out 45 minutes into the movie. Of course it gets a big fat 0. Worst movie I've ever seen, along with District 9.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Last night my mom and I went to see "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". It was so bad, that we walked out 45 minutes into the movie. Of course it gets a big fat 0. Worst movie I've ever seen, along with District 9.
CTFU! We saw that movie, too. I didn't know what was going on in that movie. I was lost the first 10 minutes into it. I also thought they went too far with a lot of the movie, and I think you know what I'm talking about with that LOL. They showed everything. We didn't leave, though. We watched the whole movie. You didn't miss anything LOL.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
CTFU! We saw that movie, too. I didn't know what was going on in that movie. I was lost the first 10 minutes into it. I also thought they went too far with a lot of the movie, and I think you know what I'm talking about with that LOL. They showed everything. We didn't leave, though. We watched the whole movie. You didn't miss anything LOL.
lol
Yep. I know exactly what you're talking about. I mean, seriously? Did they really have to show that much detail? Awful movie. It was weird, I had no idea what she had to do with the other guy looking for the lost girl. It was like two strange stories locked in one movie. It sucked, big time.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
That is because you all need to see the original movie and not the American remake.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
That is because you all need to see the original movie and not the American remake.
I didn't know this was a remake. If the other one isn't American then it's probably more fucked up then the one I saw LOL.