GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,077
1 members and 1,076 guests
AlwaysSAI

Old 02-01-2009, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate2512 View Post
You were informed wrong, how did you make it to high school?
This obviously has nothing to do with high school.

Now making my post to this next after next reply is ridiculous.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-01-2009, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by migreek View Post
There was no advice given.
Read:"Not that sure, I was inform...."
If you're not that sure, why even chime in? Especially after so many other people who are sure have already spoken?

Old 02-01-2009, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
If you're not that sure, why even chime in? Especially after so many other people who are sure have already spoken?
To give my opinion, I don't see how the person who asked the question would be angry about it. I made it clear enough that it was what I was inform, and not from my own knowledge.

( It happens all the time on threads)
Old 02-01-2009, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
To give my opinion, I don't see how the person who asked the question would be angry about it. I made it clear enough that it was what I was inform, and not from my own knowledge.

( It happens all the time on threads)
Your opinion doesn't help the OP. You don't know enough about the Greek system to recognize what type of organization he's pursuing and whether the information you're giving him is accurate.

Again, there's nothing wrong with having and giving your opinion; you just need to know when to give it.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes but does it make sense for a high school junior to chime in and say that all of the people who are actually in fraternities are wrong about how fraternities work?
Old 02-01-2009, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerBarrel View Post
Yes but does it make sense for a high school junior to chime in and say that all of the people who are actually in fraternities are wrong about how fraternities work?
This bears repeating. Thanks, CB.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I've never said all people in fraternities are wrong about how fraternities work. As being online, I'm even clueless on actually whether people ( on this website) who claim to be in a fraternity are actually in one.

I felt the need to give my opinion, and I did. There is no big deal, the asker got many post already to make an educated guess.

I wouldn't be surprise from what I was inform does at least apply to some fraternities.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Other than that, seems like more of what your doing is practicing online hazing... or somesort ( with this nonsense of attacks on my post).
Old 02-01-2009, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I've never said all people in fraternities are wrong about how fraternities work. As being online, I'm even clueless on actually whether people ( on this website) who claim to be in a fraternity are actually in one.

I felt the need to give my opinion, and I did. There is no big deal, the asker got many post already to make an educated guess.

I wouldn't be surprise from what I was inform does at least apply to some fraternities.
So...you've been a member for a whole day, and you're unsure about who's who on this website? That's just crazy talk!!

Bottom line: if someone asks about the way things work in fraternities and sororities, let members of fraternities and sororities answer. You may have been "inform" something, but we (as members) know how it really is. No one is telling you not to have an opinion, but you need to learn to stay in your lane.

Last edited by knight_shadow; 02-01-2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: stop! grammar time...
Old 02-01-2009, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Old 02-01-2009, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Other than that, seems like more of what your doing is practicing online hazing... or somesort ( with this nonsense of attacks on my post).
Online hazing, huh?

WOMP.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
LOL!

...except that might be hazing

Old 02-01-2009, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nate2512
Quote:
Quote:

Informed, past tense. That's what I was referring to in asking how you made it to high school.

Quote:
Comical, are you kidding me? Go join a Southern fraternity and then come back and call this hazing.

As far as me being in a fraternity, I don't need some junior in high school to validate that, why would I want to get on here pretend, sorry I have a life.

ETA: We all responded at the same time.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
So...you've been a member for a whole day, and you're unsure about who's who on this website? That's just crazy talk!!

Bottom line: if someone asks about the way things work in fraternities and sororities, let members of fraternities and sororities answer. You may have been "inform" something, but we (as members) no how it really is. No one is telling you not to have an opinion, but you need to learn to stay in your lane.
If your trying to imply that only greek members are allowed to post a comment on this thread is ridiculous. Although if the asker stated that they only wanted greek member opinions then I would most likely not have posted a reply, unless I felt a urge to do so.

Let the moderators do their job
Old 02-01-2009, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nate2512
Quote:
If your trying to imply that only greek members are allowed to post a comment on this thread is ridiculous. Although if the asker stated that they only wanted greek member opinions then I would most likely not have posted a reply, unless I felt a urge to do so.

Let the moderators do their job
Do you not think that if the information you were informed of were true, we would have said something before now?