GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,040
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, ausinpetrov7195
» Online Users: 1,508
1 members and 1,507 guests
Cookiez17

Old 12-11-2009, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Purdue: Phi Delta Theta Suspended; SAE and Kappa Sigma on Probation

Station WLFI reports on Purdue's suspension of Phi Delta Theta and probation periods for Sigma Alpha Epsilon and Kappa Sigma:

http://www.wlfi.com/dpp/news/local/1...hi-delta-theta

Excerpt from longer article:

Updated: Thursday, 10 Dec 2009, 5:04 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 10 Dec 2009, 5:04 PM EST
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Purdue University announced Thursday that it was suspending one fraternity and placed two more on probation.
The suspended fraternity, Phi Delta Theta, will remain suspended until August 1 of next year, for hazing and alcohol violations. It can apply for reinstatement at that time. If reinstated, it will be on probation until May 1, 2011.
Sigma Alpha Epsilon has been placed on probation through the end of new-member education in the fall of 2010 for hazing violations.
Kappa Sigma is on probation until January 31, 2010 for alcohol consumption violations.
According to a university news release, Phi Delta Theta was subject to more severe penalties because they had multiple instance of both hazing and alcohol violations. . . .
Old 12-14-2009, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Hmmmmm what would this mean if I were looking at rushing ∑AE at Purdue Spring 2010?
Old 12-15-2009, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meberush View Post
Hmmmmm what would this mean if I were looking at rushing ∑AE at Purdue Spring 2010?
Check with the Purdue Greek Life office to get *specifics* on their probation. Then make an informed decision. Best of luck.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Nothing At All

Quote:
Originally Posted by meberush View Post
Nothing, they will be off prob. at the end of fall semester....dnt let this dicourage your from rushing there, great house, and great brothers. Check it out.

if im not mistaken my friend is assistant rush chair and he is a real kool guy, if anyone would like futher information on this topic, just let me know and ill do my best to help you out

be sure to check out other houses, and decide what house is for you

good luck,

Last edited by Shocka2; 12-16-2009 at 06:02 AM.