GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,310
1 members and 1,309 guests
speedsters

Old 03-24-2014, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Not to sidetrack, but I HAVE gotten thank-yous (usually) from my chapters when the rec is sent, and I usually get a thank-you from the PNM. We emphasize that in our alum panhellenic.

But I RARELY hear anything from a chapter after bid day. I just wish they would send out a list of their new members with the girls' hometowns. It would be so easy to send via e-mail - I mean, surely they've compiled the girls on a spreadsheet...and surely they've got some sort of master list of alumnae who've sent recs, so they can request recs next year....right?

(Yeah, I know the answer)

Old 03-24-2014, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Another pet peeve - women who, on anonymous boards, offer to write a rec for a PNM...alum has never met the girl and the girl isn't even in her hometown...gee, thanks for making the whole process worthless.

Old 03-24-2014, 01:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post

I find that the girls who wear pearls tend to observe social graces better than the ones with nose rings
Wait, what?
Old 03-24-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HQWest View Post
Ummmm at 45 cents per note for postage plus $1 each for stationary for 1200 girls + many girls had more than one note = at least $2000? I would say no, most chapters do not send a thank you note for every recommendation.
Funny, the very large chapters I tend to send a lot of recs to (Oklahoma, Arkansas) always send thank you notes. I assume these large/competitive chapters have it down to a science and dedicate an entire committee to this task.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:16 PM

Considering we are talking about huge chapters who spend several thousand on rush, I would think that the $ from pledge fees would amortize the mailing cost and then some.

Not only that, don't most sororities provide stationery for chapters if they request it?

Last edited by 33girl; 03-24-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpipes View Post
Funny, the very large chapters I tend to send a lot of recs to (Oklahoma, Arkansas) always send thank you notes. I assume these large/competitive chapters have it down to a science and dedicate an entire committee to this task.
Its possible that people that sends lots of recs or sends a few great recs every year are more likely to get a thank you note? This is the way it worked at the last chapter I advised.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I assure you I get them from Alabama...
Old 03-24-2014, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I've gotten them from Alabama, Kennesaw State, South Alabama, (I want to say) Auburn, and Florida State. Some of these schools really do have it down to a science.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:38 PM

I must say though, I would rather get an email. The TY notes are pretty, but I don't get them until mid-October. I want to know RIGHT THIS MINUTE when recruitment is over where my peeps pledged. If that could be accomplished electronically, I would be all for that.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpipes View Post
I must say though, I would rather get an email. The TY notes are pretty, but I don't get them until mid-October. I want to know RIGHT THIS MINUTE when recruitment is over where my peeps pledged. If that could be accomplished electronically, I would be all for that.
YES! I get 20 or so postcards, when one e-mail would suffice and be free. Especially with the cost of postage going up.

The whole privacy thing about not posting a list of the women pledged...stupid, when you can see if all over Facebook. We're not asking for their grades, their secret thoughts, their family and health history...just a name and a hometown, just like you post the dean's list and graduation list, forcryin'outloud!!