GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,284
1 members and 1,283 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 04-30-2020, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

In a sorority but never taken a little...

Hi! I’m almost a junior in my sorority and have yet to take a little. Most people take littles as sophomores, but I along with another girl in my sorority did not take littles. Has anyone else never taken a little or know someone that never took one, or are we the only ones?
Old 05-01-2020, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
Taken a little is a great experience but not everyone takes one. Depending on how your chapter does matching and your connection that you with the new member.

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again
Old 05-01-2020, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

There were girls in both my chapter and my daughter's chapter who did not take littles. In fact, my daughter had a sorority "aunt" who did not take a little-she just joined in with the rest of the sorority fam when they did big/little activities, because while she was not a big, she was a little. When the "aunt's" big graduated she continued to join in with the family's big/little activities. I believe in another thread you said you are engaged and live off campus with your fiancé? You might not have the time to devote to a little.
Old 05-04-2020, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for replying! I joined my sorority a year later than people my age, and I joined for the experience and to get involved on campus. I do stuff with my family also, but I will be through with college this December. Do you think that it would be too late if I got a little this fall? Do you know anyone who has done this? This is all giving me anxiety when it shouldn’t be, and I don’t want to be one of the only ones who has done this! Thank you!
Old 05-04-2020, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

If you're finishing in December and living with your fiance, why are you talking about getting a little and moving onto the hall?

Last edited by carnation; 05-04-2020 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:24 AM

I became a Big Sis the semester right before I graduated in December.

It is not the norm but we were a special case in that we really connected.

She is actually one of my best friends to this day (14 years later!)

Disclaimer:

She was not a freshman, though. She was a junior transfer from out of state and we were similarly aged. I would not have wanted to be a Big to a freshman student knowing I was graduating in a few months!

Lakers Nation.
Old 05-05-2020, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

My first choice for big sister was a senior and would be gone the following semester for student teaching and was getting married following her graduation in May. She wisely chose not to take a little-it didn't matter, she and I still keep up with each other to this day.

I would not recommend taking a little if you will graduate in December. Perhaps you could be an assistant to your chapter's pledge trainer/new member educator? That would give you a bit of the big sister experience without the obligations and not leave a new member w/o a big sister on campus in January.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was a senior, I hadn't planned on taking a little because A.) I already had one, and B.) I was a senior. Then I was informed that one of the new members (a freshman to boot!) had put me down as her number one choice, so I decided, she must know what's getting herself into if she put me down as her number one...also, I really liked her.

What I've since realized is that it worked out for us because when I did graduate, I still stuck around the area since our college isn't that far from where I live. So, I could still attend big-little reveal (editing to clarify, for my grandlittles, etc.), initiation, take her out to lunch, etc., after graduation. But let's say I lived in another state and would have to fly out to see her...completely different story. Of course, every individual, and every big-little pair is different, so you'll have to decide what's best for you.