GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,502
2 members and 2,500 guests
flamboyanttree, SilverTurtle
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 09:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BLUTANG Send a message via Yahoo to BLUTANG
Smile

Good morning, had to bring this old thread back up!

After taking a year "break" to work, save some $$, and get my mind right, i've applied and was accepted to a graduate program, AND was awarded an assistantship which covers tuition and provides an excellent stipend! I am SO BLESSED and i had to share the news. I have really been dealing with increasing my faith and working some things out with the Lord (y'all know how these transition periods can be... you see your friends get great jobs, get married, purchase homes, start families, or whatever, and you wonder - well Lord? What about me? Where do u want me to be, what do u want me to do?) but i am so glad that HE is faithful, even when I was lacking. Mmm, mmm, mmph! God is Good!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-08-2002, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
Unhappy Bump/prayer request

Sorors and friends,

Not a good time for me. I found out that my nearly 75-year-old mom may have congestive heart failure -- her doctor's doing more tests today. My father, who died in 1996, lived 10 years after he was diagnosed with the same disease.

Please pray for me and my mother. I'm not ready to lose another parent.
Old 10-08-2002, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Bump/prayer request

Quote:
Originally posted by Steeltrap
Sorors and friends,

Not a good time for me. I found out that my nearly 75-year-old mom may have congestive heart failure -- her doctor's doing more tests today. My father, who died in 1996, lived 10 years after he was diagnosed with the same disease.

OMGoodness, you and your family are definitely in my prayers. Remember that our GOD is a GOD of miracles and that he is not bound by anything. SOmeone on here said this:

Don't tell GOD how big your storms are; tell your storms how big your GOD IS!

Be blessed!
Old 10-08-2002, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Bump/prayer request

Quote:
Originally posted by Steeltrap
Sorors and friends,

Steeltrap, I'm very sorry to hear about your mom. My dad, who is 54, was diagnosed with congestive heart failure in June of this year. From what I understand, the condition is manageable with proper diet, exercise and medication. I'm still very worried about him, but I am also pleased with the healthy changes he's made in his life. I'm curious, did your dad die of congestive heart failure or did he just have the condition? Well at any rate, I just said a prayer for you and your mom because I know first hand how scary this situation is for you.

Last edited by Bamboozled; 10-08-2002 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-08-2002, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

@Bamboozled

I think the congestive heart failure was one of several things that led to my Dad's death. Primarily, though, it was kidney failure. Before he broke down, however, he did follow his doctor's orders and managed the condition well.

And you're correct about medication, exercise and diet. My mother will do whatever her doc tells her. First of all, she's a retired nursing administrator, so she knows health. Secondly, she has a great will to live.
Old 10-08-2002, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Steeltrap,

Your family is in my prayers. Losing a parent is never easy and I know how close you are to your mom.

God never gives us more than we can bear and even when it does appear unbearable, there is an ANGEL standing with you, embracing you and guiding you as you face this unpleasant situation. Sorry if my words sound trite and rehearsed but know that GOD is still in control.

I have had to learn and keep learning that EVERYTHING EVERYTHIG EVERYTHING EVERYTHING happens for a reason. We might never understands God's purpose when bad stuff happens, but God knows.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Soror Steeltrap -

My prayers are with you and your family. I know exactly how difficult this is, as my father passed away with the same diagnosis two years ago. He had a congestive heart disorder and went in for a tripple bypass and valve repair....he suffered a stroke during surgery...went into a coma...never came out of it. My father's condition was very severe and though his doctor cautioned him years prior, he selected to not let anyone know just how bad his condition was.

I'll be praying for you, and also our Soror..your mother...that God will place a healing touch on her condition.
Old 10-14-2002, 09:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to yasava
Prayer request

Good morning GC. I'd like to ask that you keep my family in your prayers. My grandmother was put in the hospital last night for tests and the doctors are thinking it may be cancer. So please keep us in your thoughts as we go through this. Thank you.
Old 10-15-2002, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Soror Steeltrap and SF yasava, I will keep you all in my prayers.

I ask that my GC family do the same for me. I just need a little strength right now, that's all. Thank you!!
Old 10-15-2002, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile Dear Sorors, Sister Greeks and Friends

Thank you for praying.

My mother just had a follow-up with her doctor, and her condition isn't as serious as we thought it was.

Her doctor told her that she had a bad viral infection that did complicate her breathing and her heart situation, but it is not serious congestive heart failure. She will use oxygen when she sleeps and if she goes out, but not all the time.

Soror Ideal, I'll make sure you'll get a spot of prayer.

Old 10-16-2002, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Thankful as usual!

My sister was released from the hospital today!

THANK YOU!
Closed Thread