GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,409
3 members and 2,406 guests
MethrenLusia, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 03-11-2008, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Customer Input - Best Web Mail

I just got this in an email. Once I stopped uncontrollably laughing, I knew I had to post here.

This is an actual letter from an Austin woman sent to American company Procter and Gamble regarding their feminine products. It's PC Magazine's 2007 editors' choice for best web mail-award-winning letter.

Quote:
Dear Mr. Thatcher,

I have been a loyal user of your 'Always' maxi pads for over 20 years and I appreciate many of their features. Why, without the LeakGuard Core or Dri-Weave absorbency, I'd probably never go horseback riding or salsa dancing, and I'd certainly steer clear of running up and down the beach in tight, white shorts. But my favorite feature has to be your revolutionary Flexi-Wings. Kudos on being the only company smart enough to realize how crucial it is that maxi pads be aerodynamic. I can't tell you how safe and secure I feel each month knowing there's a little F-16 in my pants.

Have you ever had a menstrual period, Mr. Thatcher? Ever suffered from the curse'? I'm guessing you haven't. Well, my time of the month is starting right now. As I type, I can already feel hormonal forces violently surging through my body. Just a few minutes from now, my body will adjust and I'll be transformed into what my husband likes to call 'an inbred hillbilly with knife skills.' Isn't the human body amazing?

As Brand Manager in the Feminine-Hygiene Division, you've no doubt seen quite a bit of research on what exactly happens during your customer's monthly visits from 'Aunt Flo'. Therefore, you must know about the bloating, puffiness, and cramping we endure, and about our intense mood swings, crying jags, and out-of-control behavior. You surely realize it's a tough time for most women. In fact, only last week, my friend Jennifer fought the violent urge to shove her boyfriend's testicles into a George Foreman Grill just because he told her he thought Grey's Anatomy was written by drunken chimps. Crazy!

The point is, sir, you of all people must realize that America is just crawling with homicidal maniacs in Capri pants... Which brings me to the reason for my letter. Last month, while in the throes of cramping so painful I wanted to reach inside my body and yank out my uterus, I opened an Always maxi-pad, and there, printed on the adhesive backing, were these words: 'Have a Happy Period.'

Are you kidding me? What I mean is, does any part of your tiny middle-manager brain really think happiness - actual smiling, laughing happiness, is possible during a menstrual period? Did anything mentioned above sound the least bit pleasurable? Well, did it, James? FYI, unless you're some kind of sick S&M freak, there will never be anything 'happy' about a day in which you have to jack yourself up on Motrin and Kahlua and lock yourself in your house just so you don't march ! down to the local Walgreen's armed with a hunting rifle and a sketchy plan to end your life in a blaze of glory.

For the love of God, pull your head out, man! If you have to slap a moronic message on a maxi pad, wouldn't it make more sense to say something that's actually pertinent, like 'Put down the Hammer' or 'Vehicular Manslaughter is Wrong', or are you just picking on us?

Sir, please inform your Accounting Department that, effective immediately, there will be an $8 drop in monthly profits, for I have chosen to take my maxi-pad business elsewhere. And though I will certainly miss your Flex-Wings, I will not for one minute miss your brand of condescending bullshit. And that's a promise I will keep. Always. . .

Best,

Wendi Aarons
Austin, TX
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-11-2008, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

holy hell. that is quite amazing.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow. Just. Wow.

Wendi Aarons gets my vote for Best Web Letter!
Old 03-11-2008, 09:33 PM

I wish I wrote that. Seriously.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

I heart Wendi.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

I'd like to buy her a drink.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteASAbug View Post
I'd like to buy her a drink.
Sounds like she'd like a Kahlua.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 03-12-2008, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

You can read the original at her blog, here.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow! LOL
Life Member Fall 2008
Be a Leader, Be a Friend, Be of Service
Old 03-12-2008, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

God bless Wendi Aarons!

Old 03-12-2008, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Hahah YES! My grandma sent that to me a while ago. Love it!