GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,386
0 members and 2,386 guests
No Members online

Old 11-08-2007, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixAzul View Post
OK, so you know how I posted this a while ago? Well, I changed my mind. And my date. We moved it back to 15 Nov. 2008 (ok, so a week!) to get the reception space we *really* wanted rather than getting one we *kinda* wanted. So the hall is in a park, and its got huuuugee windows and a huge fireplace and such, and I made some comment to my mom like, "oh won't the leaves be lovely". And she said to me, "there won't be any, there will probably be a lot of brown and a lot leaves on the ground honey." Didn't think anything of it. And then my bridesminions, mom and I went out to look at dresses, and chose a really awesome deep brown dress from Bill Levkoff. And then it hit me...browns w/ fallish accents! Hot damn! It's easy, it's multicolored, and it fits *perfectly* with the outdoorsyish sort of place we're having. It fits w/ the color of my dress, the flowers i'm going to use will pop out, and all is well in the world! w00t.
My bridesmaids wore brown Bill Levkoff dresses. They turned out really nice

Bridemaids (plus groomsmen):

Decorations (Halloween weekend ):

Me (in a dress!):
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-09-2007, 04:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
^^^ Haha, Ren, my bridesmaids chose the exact same dresses, color and all. You look lovely!
Old 11-09-2007, 06:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Beautiful weddings, AlphaGamDiva, White Daisy and DSTRen! Much prettier than my 80s wedding (sorry bridesmaids - I really thought those pink dresses looked good)

Last edited by SWTXBelle; 11-09-2007 at 06:57 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Great Ideas! I'm getting married May 17, 2008. So far all is going well. My sister is my only attendant plus my fiance's best friend. Since my friends are so spread out I would rather them come to the wedding than worry about bridesmaid duties. Plus I would probably have to have 20 bridesmaids, which sort of freaked me out!

I really love DSTRen's colors and your wedding cake.

Since this has been such a long engagement (it will be over a year in May when we get hitched) I have been doing everything slowly month by month. My sister and my mom just have to get their dresses and then I'm done. Oh and I will order invitations in January. My color is hydrangea blue since I love blue hydrangeas! I'm starting to get very excited!
Old 03-28-2008, 07:11 PM

bump

One of my friends is getting married and is having some issues picking colors (she's a graphic design major so she has alot of favorites). Any suggestions?

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 03-28-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Lavender and green is pretty. I also saw a navy blue and magenta scheme in an old wedding magazine not too long ago that was really nice.

Hmm...it really sorta depends on when her wedding is. Pinks, oranges, and yellows I think would look great for a summer evening wedding but horrible in the winter. Green and white would be nice for spring/early summer. A maroon/burgundy and a sky blue would look nice for a fall/winter wedding.

Orange and pink can work for the right people.

It's slow at work right now so I'm probably going to spend the rest of my shift thinking about this.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I am going with Purple and Green myself.

I"m going for "magical, natural, mid summer's night dream with out the fairies feel" If I knew how to post pics I'd post my inspiration board. But here is a link that *should get you there* http://bp0.blogger.com/_eqqbSc0vfX4/...ationboard.jpg
Old 03-31-2008, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki7980
My colors would be either white and gold or royal blue and white(in case i marry a Sigma),with some African touches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsunshine214 View Post
So for those getting engaged, married, or just mentally planning their dream wedding: what are/were your colors/theme?

We're doing an elegant under the sea theme with dolphin accents. Our colors will be light blues, turquoise, greens, and hints of silver.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to deadbear80
One of my closest friends is getting married in November (I'm the MOH ).

Her colors are Cranberry and Wheat. Us girls are wearing Cranberry dresses with wheat wraps. The wraps definitely make our dresses pop.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter650 View Post

I"m going for "magical, natural, mid summer's night dream with out the fairies feel" If I knew how to post pics I'd post my inspiration board. But here is a link that *should get you there* http://bp0.blogger.com/_eqqbSc0vfX4/...ationboard.jpg
Very pretty combination!
Old 03-31-2008, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

For my second wedding (I eloped first, but our parents wanted shindig), I WANTED a Las Vegas type wedding at the Chapel of Happiness with a Black Elvis impersonator and 3-4 motown singers... So when we walk down the aisle, we sway from right to left and my guests would put their hands up and sway, too...

But what I got was:

Nice... Unfortunately, I wasn't married there... I was married somewhere else in Sedona.

My colors were pearlized luminescent cream-champagne, rose pink and gold with some forest green. I wanted pale pink calle lillies--but they were not trying sell me those options at the time. I wanted buttercream icing cake, but the hotel wanted to charge an outrageous fee to just cut.

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana

Last edited by AKA_Monet; 03-31-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
Quote:

When I first read purple and green, I was a bit skeptical. But then I clicked the link and I really really like it! It looks like it's going to be very pretty! And your theme idea is wonderful (especially without the fairies bit)!

For my upcoming wedding, we're getting married at the botanical gardens in Athens, so we've decided on chocolate and sage, with accents of blush pink and lavender (but mostly browns and greens). But I'm trying to incorporate those lovely green cymbidium orchids but I just don't know if they'll go... very minimalist in theme but definitely a natural feel since we'll be at the botanical gardens - don't need a lot of greenery and flowers since there's so much already and I wouldn't want to overpower any of that. No real theme, just natural and simple.

Last edited by SthrnZeta; 04-01-2008 at 01:29 AM. Reason: added my own theme/colors
Old 04-01-2008, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I love that cymbidium bouquet! And I really like those new bouquet wraps, be they ribbons or more complicated little "jackets". There are so many cool ideas for them in this new bouquet book we bought!
Old 04-01-2008, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Cara that's stunning. I was excited to get the Save the Date magnet! Its up on the fridge.

AKA_Monet, Sedona is one of my favorite places in the world! Did you get married at the Chapel of the Holy Cross? I adore it.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I am going with Purple and Green myself...
Just like my (bio) little sister! She's getting married next March and is looking for an eggplant/green combination. I kind of miss being engaged myself and choosing colors, dresses and decorations!